Chaddy has flown the nest

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm.........I was hoping this wouldnt get announced until at least tomorrow when i at least get an email from the club to acknowledge my resignation, but it looks like its out now.

All i can say is........Thanks, thanks to everyone who has given me support through this extremely difficult decision. I never though it would be that hard a decision to make, but i guess i loved doing the job a little too much.

Im sure the new chaddy will be just as daft as me.

See ya !

Erm.........I was hoping this wouldnt get announced until at least tomorrow when i at least get an email from the club to acknowledge my resignation, but it looks like its out now.

All i can say is........Thanks, thanks to everyone who has given me support through this extremely difficult decision. I never though it would be that hard a decision to make, but i guess i loved doing the job a little too much.

See ya !

Get down to the Club mate when you can and talk it through. Most things get resolved through talking. While a sage owl like yourself doesn't need any Counsel, I'm happy to help you out in anyway I can.

You are one of the best things at Boundary Park and so important to our young fans. I know that my boys will be happy to arrange a March from the Civic Centre for you! I'm hoping they won't find out though and it would be great if all this can get sorted with a frank conversation.

Keep the faith Wayne.

See ya !

well wayne, im shocked. no more freebies for beardy!! shame really ya did a good job.

Get down to the Club mate when you can and talk it through. Most things get resolved through talking. While a sage owl like yourself doesn't need any Counsel, I'm happy to help you out in anyway I can.

You are one of the best things at Boundary Park and so important to our young fans. I know that my boys will be happy to arrange a March from the Civic Centre for you! I'm hoping they won't find out though and it would be great if all this can get sorted with a frank conversation.

Keep the faith Wayne.

To be fair mate, i dont think talking will resolve it to be honest. I totally respect the decision which was made, but it doesnt mean i agree with it. Ive said my peace now, its not down to me to sort it out, i would have thought i would have heard something back from them though, even if it was to ask when they can have the kit back.

well wayne, im shocked. no more freebies for beardy!! shame really ya did a good job.

Cheers Phil. Beardy never really got a freebie, he got in free at away games, but that was because he was my helper in carrying my stuff and warning me of any "numpties". That was the least i could do. I never really got freebies from the job, although i got the occasional game of golf and footbal for free (fans fixture)

To be fair mate, i dont think talking will resolve it to be honest. I totally respect the decision which was made, but it doesnt mean i agree with it. Ive said my peace now, its not down to me to sort it out, i would have thought i would have heard something back from them though, even if it was to ask when they can have the kit back.

Cheers Phil. Beardy never really got a freebie, he got in free at away games, but that was because he was my helper in carrying my stuff and warning me of any "numpties". That was the least i could do. I never really got freebies from the job, although i got the occasional game of golf and footbal for free (fans fixture)

This can't be true :disappointed: :disappointed:

Sad news, you mean so much to the kids, and have always made me smile with your taunting the away fans :grin:

If this is something the club have decided, then shame on them :angry:

If it is all over Wayne then I'd just like to say thanks for all your efforts over the last few years. I'm sure all of us with kids appreciate what you've done for the club. As has been said on other threads the value of Chaddy the Owl in the brainwashing process can't be underestimated.

It's not going to be easy to find a replacement - they're a pretty big pair of boots to fill :)

I am devastated honestly.

You being the daft caring chaddy the owl you are got my youngen into latics.

Your the reason why she behaves! “ Don’t do that or chaddy will be upset” etc.

God knows how many other young fans have started their life long devotion to the latics because of your hard work and humour.

Please sort it out if you can.

If not you will go down in history as the best chaddy ever in my books and many others I am sure!

THERES ONLY ONE CHADDY OWL!!!!!

:disappointed:

Like Shez said earlier today ...... he can't believe how many players we've had out this year.

Not long ago we had two Chaddy's .... now sadly we have none

Not sure we could ever replace you mate, still plenty below we could choose from

..... only kidding Chaddy!!!!!

I was gutted when the old Chaddy left, personally and I mean this in no disrespectful way but the guy in the costume is expendable no matter who it is. It's the icon the kids look up to, the person in the costume doesn't matter to the children. The children won't miss the actor, take the actual Chaddy away and that's when it will affect the kids. Get a new guy in the costume by the next home game and the kids won't know the difference, it's still Chaddy isn't it?

Top stuff from Wayne though, great at winding up opposition fans. :grin:

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I was gutted when the old Chaddy left, personally and I mean this in no disrespectful way but the guy in the costume is expendable no matter who it is. It's the icon the kids look up to, the person in the costume doesn't matter to the children. the children won't miss the actor, take the actual Chaddy away and that's when it will affect the kids, get a new guy in the costume by the next home game and the kids won't know the difference, it's still Chaddy isn't it?

Top stuff from Wayne though, great at winding up opposition fans. :grin:

You are right in some respects but will the new Chaddy make the effort to go to all games (home and away)? Will they be prepared (or able) to take time off work to go to matches and functions? Will he be prepared to find out the addresses of young fans and send them hand-made Christmas Cards with peronalised messages at his own expense? Finally, will they give up vast amounts of free time to go to parties; events, hospitals and other such affairs at weekends and at night?

Don't forget that this is all unpaid and so no written into a Contract.

It may be a costume but Chaddy The Owl is only as good as the person inside. Wayne currently gives all the above and more because he wants to do it.

In Wayne, we have someone who gives his all for no specific reward - only the pleasure that he sees on the faces of the young ones (and old 'uns) that he entertains.

Wayne, just wanted to say what a great job you have done in your role as Chaddy. You are the reason my 1 year old can say 'Chaddy' before he can say 'Mummy'. The amount of times I have chuckled watching you taunt fans and act up pre match... superb! Good Luck with your quieter Saturday's.

Pete

Sorry to the lad for losing his job but I hope this marks the end of Chaddy the Owl, fluffy mascots belong in the 1990's.

Try telling that to the kids Senor, they are the ones we are trying to keep interested in the club, and Chaddy helps with that.

You are right in some respects but will the new Chaddy make the effort to go to all games (home and away)? Will they be prepared (or able) to take time off work to go to matches and functions? Will he be prepared to find out the addresses of young fans and send them hand-made Christmas Cards with peronalised messages at his own expense? Finally, will they give up vast amounts of free time to go to parties; events, hospitals and other such affairs at weekends and at night?

Thats awesome Chaddy/Wayne whoever you are! Good on ya mate and good luck.