Chaddy has flown the nest

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right in some respects but will the new Chaddy make the effort to go to all games (home and away)? Will they be prepared (or able) to take time off work to go to matches and functions? Will he be prepared to find out the addresses of young fans and send them hand-made Christmas Cards with peronalised messages at his own expense? Finally, will they give up vast amounts of free time to go to parties; events, hospitals and other such affairs at weekends and at night?

Don't forget that this is all unpaid and so no written into a Contract.

It may be a costume but Chaddy The Owl is only as good as the person inside. Wayne currently gives all the above and more because he wants to do it.

In Wayne, we have someone who gives his all for no specific reward - only the pleasure that he sees on the faces of the young ones (and old 'uns) that he entertains.

I didn't know it was unpaid. Well then, yeah the person in the suit needs to show some dedication and I hope the new Chaddy can model himself on Wayne.

Sorry to the lad for losing his job but I hope this marks the end of Chaddy the Owl, fluffy mascots belong in the 1990's.

How dare you!!! :angry:

You aint ever took a kid to a football match have you? lol

p.s ive been done there aint i? DOH hook line and sinker. :ohno:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

No need for words like that, not now this is the official message board.

Do you honestly beleive anything good can come of getting rid of the mascot?

I have very fond memories of a child being taken to matches at Boundary Park and back when I had no idea what was going on on the pitch, Chaddy was easily the highlight. I used to love taking part in PE in primary school with my Chaddy the Owl t shirt and I've had my Chaddy teddy since before I can remember. As such, I can't contemplate even suggesting taking that away from the hundreds of kids out there who idolise him.

Apart from that, I just have to say that it's such a shame that Wayne isn't gonna be Chaddy anymore. Carlisle away last season, Chaddy/Wayne poking the less than amused looking stewards with the corner flag. Anybody else remember that?

No need for words like that, not now this is the official message board.

You're just a wind up merchant. I know this because your occasional (probably accidental!) good post means you cant be as big an idiot as you make out on a near daily basis. So like I said, nice try! :tongue1:

[sLANDEROUS RUMOUR WHICH ARISES EVERYTIME SOMEONE MYSTERIOUSLY LEAVES THE CLUB] i erd he battered chris taylor in trainin [/sLANDEROUS RUMOUR WHICH ARISES EVERYTIME SOMEONE MYSTERIOUSLY LEAVES THE CLUB]

[sLANDEROUS RUMOUR WHICH ARISES EVERYTIME SOMEONE MYSTERIOUSLY LEAVES THE CLUB] I hear, from a very reliable source, that he jacked it in after getting sick of taking so much foul-mouthed abuse from Shez. [/sLANDEROUS RUMOUR WHICH ARISES EVERYTIME SOMEONE MYSTERIOUSLY LEAVES THE CLUB]

Like i said, i didnt really want this to come out as ive still not heard anything from the club. Im sure someone will jump to conclusions, but in my eyes i didnt do anything wrong and that seems to be much of the problem. What i see as not a problem and what someone else see's as a problem is obviously a conflict. I would like to wait until i hear from Alan tomorrow as to what he thinks of it, but he has always been very fair with me over the past years and im sure he will make the best decision.

I really didnt want to quit, but i felt as though there is not much choice. If i didnt make a stand i can see it only going one way. At the end of the day i love this club more than anything, even if im not chaddy i will still be there no matter what.

Coco, i know your trying to maybe get a reaction from someone, but i hope it's not from me, i dont fall for that kind of thing :grin: .

Although i agree that the person inside the suit is irrelevent in some ways, they have to have "something about them" to be a mascot. Kids are not stupid, they know when something isnt right.

As for all the stuff i do, i dont do it for reward or praise, i do it becasue my job is to entertain kids and draw them into the club, the stuff i do is giving that result, and if it costs me a lot of money in the process, then so be it. I was well aware when i took the job it may cost me money, i just didnt realise just how much, but i dont have a problem with that (Cant speak for the wife though). I never get a weekend off, if im not at an away game, im at some kind of appearence. Thats what made me tick,and i was happy to do it.

Im sure something will be announced very soon, but in the meantime i would just like to apologise to any children i have let down by making this decision.

P.S. Whoever it was that said "get the old guy back". That may be difficult, he is a preist in the states. :blush: Although, yes, he was very good. But just remember, when i first took over, people said "You rnot as good as the old one". :wink:

Like i said, i didnt really want this to come out as ive still not heard anything from the club. Im sure someone will jump to conclusions, but in my eyes i didnt do anything wrong and that seems to be much of the problem. What i see as not a problem and what someone else see's as a problem is obviously a conflict. I would like to wait until i hear from Alan tomorrow as to what he thinks of it, but he has always been very fair with me over the past years and im sure he will make the best decision.

I really didnt want to quit, but i felt as though there is not much choice. If i didnt make a stand i can see it only going one way. At the end of the day i love this club more than anything, even if im not chaddy i will still be there no matter what.

Coco, i know your trying to maybe get a reaction from someone, but i hope it's not from me, i dont fall for that kind of thing :grin: .

Although i agree that the person inside the suit is irrelevent in some ways, they have to have "something about them" to be a mascot. Kids are not stupid, they know when something isnt right.

As for all the stuff i do, i dont do it for reward or praise, i do it becasue my job is to entertain kids and draw them into the club, the stuff i do is giving that result, and if it costs me a lot of money in the process, then so be it. I was well aware when i took the job it may cost me money, i just didnt realise just how much, but i dont have a problem with that (Cant speak for the wife though). I never get a weekend off, if im not at an away game, im at some kind of appearence. Thats what made me tick,and i was happy to do it.

Im sure something will be announced very soon, but in the meantime i would just like to apologise to any children i have let down by making this decision.

P.S. Whoever it was that said "get the old guy back". That may be difficult, he is a preist in the states. :blush: Although, yes, he was very good. But just remember, when i first took over, people said "You rnot as good as the old one". :wink:

Sad to hear that you have quit, both my children where members of your "gang" before they were even out of hospital. On the few times my daughter has come to the game with me, she has been transfixed with you and never stops asking if you where there.

Takes a strong person to stand up for his principles, Im sure that you didn't make the decision lightly.

Ktf

Gutted

You are my wallpaper on my desk-top in the office

I leave it on overnight that's the 1ST thing the whole office sees every morning

Good luck and thanks

Sorry to hear about this Chaddy/Wayne, it is a shame. At the start of your run in the suit I was one of those who said you weren't as good as the old Chaddy and I apologise for that, he brought his style to the role and you have brought yours and made the role your own.

Chaddy brings the kids to the club, my nephew and niece were both brought up with Chaddy and are up there with the tooth fairy and Santa, a price can not be put on the value that Chaddy brings. it might be "90s" but if it gets kids in to the club and merchandise in to the club then that is one hell of a good thing.

I mean this in the interests of the club but I hope you are replaced as those boots need filling. Thank you for all the work you have done and the media exposure you have brought to the club. I hope you can look back on your time as Chaddy in a positive way because a lot of us fans certainly do.

Very sorry to be reading this post Chaddy / Wayne! You have always entertained me on my jaunts to BP and ur a top bloke into the bargain!

I had only been telling the guys at work about "the best mascot i'd ever seen" last week and they all wanted to know what antics you were up to after the Trannies game!

You've left a huge void to fill......

See you behind the goals mate!

Chaddy brings the kids to the club, my nephew and niece were both brought up with Chaddy and are up there with the tooth fairy and Santa, a price can not be put on the value that Chaddy brings. it might be "90s" but if it gets kids in to the club and merchandise in to the club then that is one hell of a good thing.

I mean this in the interests of the club but I hope you are replaced as those boots need filling. Thank you for all the work you have done and the media exposure you have brought to the club. I hope you can look back on your time as Chaddy in a positive way because a lot of us fans certainly do.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Two young nephews I have brought to Latics, who are both reds, loved having their photo with Chaddy. They ask about him when I am over and go to a match. But they never believe me when I said I was out drinking in town with him once over Christmas! Good times. :D

Good luck Wayne/Chaddy in whatever you do.

Sad news Wayne - little did I know that when I saw you before, during and after your performance last night, that it was to be your swan (owl)-song.

The Chaddy character is so famous that when I was retiring from work, the people organising my farewell 'do' tried to get Chaddy to make an appearance in Burton-on-Trent. It was the dark days when it looked as though the Club was going out of business and it didn't materialise. I would have felt daft if Chaddy had appeared, but it just goes to show what non-Latics fans associate with the Club.

I echo all that has been said about how you are loved by the kids, as my grandchildren are in your Gang and are massive fans, having been to the Grand National to see you three times. What you have put into the role cannot be quantified in value to the image of the Club - its reputation as a family club is epitomised in your bonding with the future fans. Thanks for all you've done for little and big kids alike.

I hope some solution can be found so that this isn't the end for you as Chaddy. In the meantime keep your pecker up!

Sorry to the lad for losing his job but I hope this marks the end of Chaddy the Owl, fluffy mascots belong in the 1990's.

The whole year can't be up already, surely..................

It was enjoyable whilst you didn;t post negative stuff.

Edited by singe