can you believe that

it amazes me how anyone sees the potential in him. People always say look at his past thats what pearson said but how many goals has he bagged in last few years it speaks volumes as to his lazyness and inability

he should be on trial for impersonating a football player and i bet he would be found guilty too :jailed:

he should be on trial for impersonating a football player and i bet he would be found guilty too :jailed:

No offence Bob, but not sure how you can say that from Tel Aviv....

As for Ricketts abilities...after losing to us and looking one of the worst teams I've ever seen Walsall's season meraciulously turned around on the back of 1 player joining them....something like 17 games unbeaten they went.....with their new man scoring a few and setting up several others. Only for him to get injured and struggle since. Oh well....

Edited by boundaryblue80

As for Ricketts abilities...after losing to us and looking one of the worst teams I've ever seen Walsall's season meraciulously turned around on the back of 1 player joining them....something like 17 games unbeaten they went.....with their new man scoring a few and setting up several others. Only for him to get injured and struggle since. Oh well....

Quite.

As for the rest of the posters on this thread...oh god.

Yup, exactly the reason Walsall broke the bank trying to sign him permanently when he was released from us.

Yup, exactly the reason Walsall broke the bank trying to sign him permanently when he was released from us.

He's been out injured....hence why they haven't. And now when returning to fitness, Southampton have shown their interest and well, Walsall ain't got a chance of signing him....

For more views....like the below..... http://www.upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic....f=2&t=24611

Re: Michael Ricketts on trial at............

by Duke on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Magic Man Fan wrote:

Ricketts is easily capable of impressing for them, he was too good for this level. They are a Championship club, and dreams of Premiership for them are jsut that. When I say he will impress, that is until he gets the long contract we wouldn't offer then he'll do oh blow! all, but he'll be sorted for another 2/3 years which is all he and his agent care about.

what happened to the we agreed terms with Ricketts but he failed his medical . i always said his agent was a money grabber and blocked his move here. i see know reason why MR should not impress at St. Mary's.

Injured? That's no excuse not to re-sign a player which has single handedly turned your season around and got you into the playoff zone.....a player who is like what Maradona was to Napoli. If he was so highly regarded by Walsall to the extent you boast then surely they would have signed him for later in the season...a player like that you have patience with.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Injured? That's no excuse not to re-sign a player which has single handedly turned your season around and got you into the playoff zone.....a player who is like what Maradona was to Napoli. If he was so highly regarded by Walsall to the extent you boast then surely they would have signed him for later in the season...a player like that you have patience with.

Indeed....which we should have. BTW, we got Hazell due to him being injured when a club in the league below wanted him. When he came back to fitness we swooped in for him.....and changed our season. Walsall ain't a chance of getting him AND neither you or I know what efforts have been made by them to sign him....so, erm, you've got no relevent point to make about Walsall's efforts to keep him.

Okay, well if crazy statements like "Ricketts was the reason Walsall transformed their season" can fly around here's one of my own.

With Ricketts we were a team in a relegation fight, we got rid of Ricketts got Hughes in and now we are two points off the playoffs.

Crazy statements 4tw!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Okay, well if crazy statements like "Ricketts was the reason Walsall transformed their season" can fly around here's one of my own.

With Ricketts we were a tean in a relegation fight, we got rid of Ricketts got Hughes in and now we are two points off the playoffs.

Crazy statements 4tw!

I remember the day your hero Wolfy took Ricketts' place in the side! Uddersfield away! We were shocking vs a shocking side...was one of my lowest points of this season TBH....to be fair to Wolfy that day it wasn't really his fault that day (as I said early this season, I wouldn't have a go at any striker - my Wolfy views are pre this season, so let's not go back there - due to the shocking service we had to offer)...more a case of pointing out though why we were so bad early season...things like 3 CM in a midfield 4 (we got a revisit of that :censored: vs Hartlepool last Tues.) Ricketts....cracking scapegoat.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'm not sure I understand this 'he's too good for this division' guff that the Walsall fan said, since he was binned by Leeds, Cardiff, Southend, Preston and Burnley (?) whilst playing in the Championship sort of indicates that he wasn't good enough or fit enough to play there.

Didn't he only get 'binned' by Burnley and Preston because he had injuries?

He was too good for this division, and the players playing with him in this team, a second too quick for them. If you couldn't see the deft touches he made and his movement off the ball then I can't explain to you how good a player he is.

Though I guess if you don't chase loose balls like a headless chicken for 90 minutes you won't make it as this level, eh?

He'll do well at Southampton, if he stays fit. Best of luck to him, I say.

Keep the Faith

He was too good for this division, and the players playing with him in this team, a second too quick for them. If you couldn't see the deft touches he made and his movement off the ball then I can't explain to you how good a player he is.

Though I guess if you don't chase loose balls like a headless chicken for 90 minutes you won't make it as this level, eh?

Keep the Faith

If a players good enough you don't get rid because of injury.

Oh and supporters like to see their strikers score goals more than anything, they're just funny like that.

We didn't get rid of him because he wasn't good enough though, did we? Had we ever seen Hughes and Ricketts together I think everyone would be singing from a different hymn sheet.

There are hundreds (probably more) who thought Warne was the best player since sliced bread, because of his 'effort and commitment'. That was why he was the fan's favourite, not because of his massive haul of goals.

I think Ricketts will go elsewhere and make a success of himself, and prove us wrong for dumping him. I hope he does, to be honest.

Does anyone really think he wasn't a classy player? Based purely on his on-pitch abilities.

Keep the Faith

Keep the Faith

You are joking aren't you!

Yeah I gave him a chance when he was here but looking back now that was one of the best decisions shez made this season was getting rid of him. I remember seeing the guy play for Bolton and an excellent player he was then too But it all went to his head, the guy is a waster. A classic example of why you need good people around you because if you have the wrong people around you like Ricketts (and when I say wrong people I mean his agent) they will lead you astray and make you forget why you got to where you were.

He could be a great success at southampton trouble is he won't be because he won't want it enough.

Edited by GlossopLatic

We didn't get rid of him because he wasn't good enough though, did we? Had we ever seen Hughes and Ricketts together I think everyone would be singing from a different hymn sheet.

There are hundreds (probably more) who thought Warne was the best player since sliced bread, because of his 'effort and commitment'. That was why he was the fan's favourite, not because of his massive haul of goals.

I think Ricketts will go elsewhere and make a success of himself, and prove us wrong for dumping him. I hope he does, to be honest.

Does anyone really think he wasn't a classy player? Based purely on his on-pitch abilities.

Keep the Faith

If he was such a good player you put up with the off field antics, punch ups (if thats what happened) occur at every club in the country, the fact his he didn't do enough at the club and the manager didn't want him to stay.

All I saw with Ricketts was an unfit player who did have a touch or two yet spent more time moaning to the ref than making an effort to get on the end of a cross or win a header, the basics of what a STRIKER has to do.

Anyway, he's gone now and we're just another club in a long line where he hasn't lasted very long for whatever reason.

we do have tv here and english football live and also fox sports has bolton tv on each week ,and i have seen rickets play for bolton on tv (not very impressed with him there) and from match reports , so it does not need very much to see if a play is good enough ,ricketts did not fit the player that shez wanted .

I give him 5 mins, he was cowardly, and too big for his boots, he was coming in his posh car, ignoring fans, and seemed dead cocky too, reminds me of that tv coverage of the Un**ed fan waiting for ronaldo, asked him to sign something, he looked at him and walked right by, not worth it, you got to have players knowing where they stand in football and not thinking they are god,

would have been a good player but he needs to work