Cheltenham 2008 : Day Three

Two absolutely packed day's racing.

I've given my thoughts a few of these, so from the rest;

1.40 Jewsons Novices Chase.

Tough looking race, but the two that stand out are Mr Strachan and Gold Medalist. I think the run of Krugurova in the Arkle, really gives Mr Strachan a boost, Mr Strachan having beaten Krugurova last time out. It's still a tough 'un and really anything could win.

2.55 Ryannair Chase.

Exciting looking race with a few good horses. For me, this is between The Listener, Our Vic and L'Antartique (I think Mossbank might prefer better going). I'm gonna risk the real Our Vic turning up. His bizarre run last year when only just beaten really stuck out for me.

3.30 World Hurdle.

How can I abandon Inglis Drever? Loves Cheltenham and the performance of Tidal Bay suggests the yard is back to form. There doesn't seem to be anything close to Inglis Drever on form, although fellow Cheltenham lovers My Way De Solzen and Hardy Eustace could come close and Blazing Bailey should figure prominently.

Hopefully, I've a winner or two in there, either way its going to be a long, long day's racing. It'll be great.

2.55 Ryannair Chase.

Exciting looking race with a few good horses. For me, this is between The Listener, Our Vic and L'Antartique (I think Mossbank might prefer better going). I'm gonna risk the real Our Vic turning up. His bizarre run last year when only just beaten really stuck out for me.

I fancy L'Antartique in this one, think Ferdey Murphy has him well trained and this could be his race, although my performance on Tuesday would suggest to stay away from him.

The next two days have got to be the best two days racing ever to take place....... and here is some of my tips... think im going large today after winning on BINOCULAR e/w, PUNJABI e/w, AN ACCORDIAN and TIDAL BAY e/w on Tuesdays so heres my pick of the bunch..

Not giving you a long time to pick to bet on this but iv studdied this race more than any yesterday:

12:30 The Peter O'Sullevan (Ledge) NH Chase.

Not the most exciting of races on offer but there are a few that have caught the eye in this very competetive affair.. For one ORNAIS will not get the distance struggled badly over 3m+ and lost by 24l against an ordinary horse. For me its between OVER THE CREEK, BEANTOWN and BACK ON LINE... and for this i will plump with BACK ON LINE... interesting horse and through his previous runs looks likely to get the distance if anywhere his previous two races in which he beat The Gangerman 19l over 3m 2 the way he ran on towards the end suggests to me he is a sound chance... im siding E/W just in case at current prices if he finnishes in top 4 you will get your money back... but i think he can win!!! OVER THE CREEK question marks over wether he will get the distance and BEANTOWN if he is anywhere near his best he will take all the beating but this fella is very inconsistent so should be wary but has sound E/W claims..

and for the rest wont bore you with all my garbage so here goes...

1.05: OSCAR PARK (WIN)

1.40 THE ENTOMOLOGIST (E/W)

2.20. VOY POR USTEDES (WIN)

2.55 OUR VIC (WIN)

3.30 INGLIS DREVER (WIN) LOUGH DERG (E/W0

4.05 DONT PUSH IT (WIN)

4.40 BACKBOARD (E/W)

Not betting in the others....

GOOD LUCK ALL ON YOUR BETS...

The next two days have got to be the best two days racing ever to take place....... and here is some of my tips... think im going large today after winning on BINOCULAR e/w, PUNJABI e/w, AN ACCORDIAN and TIDAL BAY e/w on Tuesdays so heres my pick of the bunch..

Not giving you a long time to pick to bet on this but iv studdied this race more than any yesterday:

12:30 The Peter O'Sullevan (Ledge) NH Chase.

Not the most exciting of races on offer but there are a few that have caught the eye in this very competetive affair.. For one ORNAIS will not get the distance struggled badly over 3m+ and lost by 24l against an ordinary horse. For me its between OVER THE CREEK, BEANTOWN and BACK ON LINE... and for this i will plump with BACK ON LINE... interesting horse and through his previous runs looks likely to get the distance if anywhere his previous two races in which he beat The Gangerman 19l over 3m 2 the way he ran on towards the end suggests to me he is a sound chance... im siding E/W just in case at current prices if he finnishes in top 4 you will get your money back... but i think he can win!!! OVER THE CREEK question marks over wether he will get the distance and BEANTOWN if he is anywhere near his best he will take all the beating but this fella is very inconsistent so should be wary but has sound E/W claims..

Not bad - ornais didnt get the distance anywonder travelling on the outside when there are doubts over the trip in the first place..over the creek 2nd and back on line 3rd -- had em both e/w and beantown but the less said about him the better :grin:

Wow!

Master Minded in the QM Champion Chase. What a fantastic performance! Could be the best 2m chaser ever if he progresses. Made the exceptional Voy Pur Estedes look ordinary which takes some doing.

And the owner also has Kauto Star which is the best 3 miler that we have seen for several years. Lucky man.

Wow!

Master Minded in the QM Champion Chase. What a fantastic performance! Could be the best 2m chaser ever if he progresses. Made the exceptional Voy Pur Estedes look ordinary which takes some doing.

And the owner also has Kauto Star which is the best 3 miler that we have seen for several years. Lucky man.

That was an exceptional performance, quality stuff.

Would love to see Inglis Drever put up a big showing now, make it a cracking day's racing.

That was an exceptional performance, quality stuff.

Would love to see Inglis Drever put up a big showing now, make it a cracking day's racing.

Agree. Inglis Drever is one of my favourite horses and I'll be cheering him home - hopefully to victory!

Great win by Katchit on Day One. Still not interested in having a bet but that would have been one I'd have gone for. What an after-timer I am! :)

Get in Our Vic! Clearly, caught him on a good day.

Nice one. Well done to Davros as well.

I was waiting for him to blow up going up the hill but Young Pipe has clearly found some special feed for the beast. I'd go and collect quick before they find out he's been on the Darren Campbell diet! :shock:

:grin: