Say we did go up....

If somehow we did do a Blackpool and snuck up through the play offs would it be a good idea and what do you think would happen?

Would our promising young side be descimated for Championship Journeymen? Or do you think we would stick with the kids and add a sprinkling of quality? Or would it make sense to stay down add a few signings and let the kids mature a bit more at this level first and push on for promotion next season?

Id think the last option would be most beneficial but it would be nice to sneak into the championship!!

Its hard to say what would happen. Id rather go up sooner rather than later. Havent we been in this league longer than any other team? Blackpool sneaked promotion last season and currently lie mid table. Not bad for their first season. Also look at Bristol City! It wasn't long ago we were level pegging with them. I reckon we are goin to bring in more experience at the end of the season no matter what. Hopefully we will hang on to our young talents and strengthen the team.

On current form I think we'd struggle in the championship, but I do believe that playing better opposition will give us a chance to play better football. Plus there would be more much needed revenue coming in to us. Also being an eternal optimist, I reckon we could stay up aswell.

There's always a "this season might be too early" theory knocking about. Don't subscribe to it personally. One thing we musn't do if we go up is splash loads of cash on Championship players and then rely on them keeping us up. I'd rather add one or two to the squad and see how we got on. If we came back down without a huge debt we'd be all the better prepared to bounce straight back up again.

There's always a "this season might be too early" theory knocking about. Don't subscribe to it personally. One thing we musn't do if we go up is splash loads of cash on Championship players and then rely on them keeping us up. I'd rather add one or two to the squad and see how we got on. If we came back down without a huge debt we'd be all the better prepared to bounce straight back up again.

Barnsley managed to go up with a load of spoff and stop up.

Get up ASAP. There is no too soon.

Barnsley managed to go up with a load of spoff and stop up.

Get up ASAP. There is no too soon.

Got to agree. You can't pick and chose when you get promoted and so you have to take the chance when you can.

We have failed so far as we have been so inconsistent throughout the Season. All that can change though if we string a few more decent results together over the last few matches.

If we win on Saturday, it will be the first time that we have strung together 3 consecutive victories despite that fabulous run of 7 straight away wins.

Guest oa_exile

Just to add as well , we still approx £700K in the kitty to spend on new players or contracts , so all in all it would not be a disaster if we were to get promoted.

Plus also TTA would up the budget accordingly.

We have failed so far as we have been so inconsistent throughout the Season.

Having looked at the table, we're not the only team that has been inconsistent this year, there is only 7pts from Forest (4th) down to Northamton (12th) and only 3pts between 5th and 11th place.

Guest oa_exile
Having looked at the table, we're not the only team that has been inconsistent this year, there is only 7pts from Forest (4th) down to Northamton (12th) and only 3pts between 5th and 11th place.

It's the same every season , the division is wide open every time to any team that can put a decent run together.

That's exactly the point. We have done nothing special and are still in with a decent shout of getting in the play-offs.

Seems quite bizarre really amd shows just how open this inconsistent League is - once again!

It's the same every season , the division is wide open every time to any team that can put a decent run together.

so true, im actually laughing at the fact that without reading any tranmere press i know for a fact ronnie moore will be going on about there 'never being a better opportunity to go up' and 'never seen this division so tight' lol love you steptoe

Just to add as well , we still approx £700K in the kitty to spend on new players or contracts , so all in all it would not be a disaster if we were to get promoted.

Plus also TTA would up the budget accordingly.

Just where do you get the available £700K from? Our budget was based on recieving a fee for Porter and we got nowt...TTA still spent the cash but don't think it's automatic that they'll spend the same again and judging by the drop in crowds ( don't forget the salary cap ) we may even have to pull in the purse strings to balance the books!!

We were budgeted to lose about 800K this season so on transfers and cup money we'll just about be at breakeven if we're lucky!!!

When we get everybody fit we have a pretty strong squad and I think we'll rely heavily on our home grown talent who have done us proud this season. They'll all be a year older and wiser and could make a big impact next year.

Unless there's a mass exodus of players as in previous seasons then I think a couple of quality signings in the right areas may be enough.

so true, im actually laughing at the fact that without reading any tranmere press i know for a fact ronnie moore will be going on about there 'never being a better opportunity to go up' and 'never seen this division so tight' lol love you steptoe

My god....can our fans get any more pathetic??? Let it go...FFS!!! It's sad enough that some look for his quotes to carry on this insane babble, but to state "without reading any tranmere press i know for a fact"...I think you need to think about booking yourself in the nutshop! :grin:

If somehow we did do a Blackpool and snuck up through the play offs would it be a good idea and what do you think would happen?

Would our promising young side be descimated for Championship Journeymen? Or do you think we would stick with the kids and add a sprinkling of quality? Or would it make sense to stay down add a few signings and let the kids mature a bit more at this level first and push on for promotion next season?

Id think the last option would be most beneficial but it would be nice to sneak into the championship!!

I think we'd need to improve the defence as I think Gregan may struggle up there now. Hazell would possibly cope with a solid partner at CB. Stam....not sure. He'd get more time on the ball possibly. Might even suit his game to go up. I think we'd also need that creative midfield man which I don't think is as necessary down at this level...passing it about and utilising the wings is more key at this level, for me.

The only time I'd say going up is a mistake, is in Gretna's case. Where you have to leave home and play elsewhere. Only then would I say teams aren't ready to go up. Otherwise, I say "promotion, promotion, promotion!"

Up! Even if we were quite a bit stronger next year (not guaranteed), say we made the play-offs its still only a one in 4 chance. Take it when ever it comes.

Re the kids, I still don't expect the likes of Smalley, Lomax and Alessandra to begin the next season as guaranteed first choices. They have shown that they can definitely be "next one in" but not necessarily total first team choices yet.

Guest oa_exile
Just where do you get the available £700K from? Our budget was based on recieving a fee for Porter and we got nowt...TTA still spent the cash but don't think it's automatic that they'll spend the same again and judging by the drop in crowds ( don't forget the salary cap ) we may even have to pull in the purse strings to balance the books!!

We were budgeted to lose about 800K this season so on transfers and cup money we'll just about be at breakeven if we're lucky!!!

When we get everybody fit we have a pretty strong squad and I think we'll rely heavily on our home grown talent who have done us proud this season. They'll all be a year older and wiser and could make a big impact next year.

Unless there's a mass exodus of players as in previous seasons then I think a couple of quality signings in the right areas may be enough.

Maybe i misread it then :blink: was it not quoted that the Everton and Trotters monies were available to Shez to spend ?

The rest of it I assume you dont think i realise the financial problems the club has with your remarks after.