gretna have told their players they are free to leave the club if they so wish, because of all the financial trouble they are in, and the very real possability they will go bust. every team has a gem or two, so would it be worth a raid north of the border? i dont know much about scottish footy, but they surely have some players we would take a look at? If i remember correctly doesnt paul murray play up there?

Guest oa_exile
murray still playing? thought his knee injury stopped him playing football

>>Murray<<

Well first of all they have three keepers who will have been getting plenty of practice this season :grin:

Secondly what about this >>lad<< :grin:

Why does anyone want Muzza back?

He has been stricken with injuries since he left us and was a shadow of his former self when he returned with Carlisle.

Added to that, most people see him through blue tinted specs and remember his closing months with us. Undoubtedly he was brilliant in that time, but in his last season he was very ordinary through most of it until it became 'putting yourself in the shop window' time.

The lad was a decent footballer when the mood took him, but time to look forward now. He is nowhere near good enough for us anymore if we are to improve, stop living in the past.

KtF,

Derek.

Who from Gretna will be on 3k a week?

The overall wage budget of the squad at Gretna isn't 3k a week! (exaggeration) :lol:

I think Gretna's wage bill is around the 30K a week mark currently. Thats since they pruned their sqaud massively.

Edited by Lags

I don't quite get the fact that the administrators have announced that all contracts have been breached and the players are free to leave.

The transfer window prevents them leaving anyway.

All players who were under contract on 31 January are bound by the rules of the transfer window and so cannot sign for any other club.

Obviously they can still go out on (emergency) loan but this was always the case and so I didn't see any point in the statement by the administrators.

I don't quite get the fact that the administrators have announced that all contracts have been breached and the players are free to leave.

The transfer window prevents them leaving anyway.

All players who were under contract on 31 January are bound by the rules of the transfer window and so cannot sign for any other club.

Obviously they can still go out on (emergency) loan but this was always the case and so I didn't see any point in the statement by the administrators.

Not so. Effectively due to not being paid the club is in breach of contract which means said contract is nul and void. Hence the players no longer have a contract and non contracted players can move to a new club whenever they get one.

Not so. Effectively due to not being paid the club is in breach of contract which means said contract is nul and void. Hence the players no longer have a contract and non contracted players can move to a new club whenever they get one.

My understanding is that even non-contracted players are not free agents if they were contracted at the close of the transfer window.

This is to prevent the manipulation of the transfer window system.

I may be wrong (it certainly wouldn't be the first time). It will give us a discussion point for the trip down tomorrow. :wink: