Who would you bring back?

Given a few shouts for the return of Muzza got me thinking.

Of our former players that are still plying their trade, who would you bring back that you think would improve the squad?

Despite his short tenureship at gods little acre, I am going for Clint Hill. The best centre half since Jobbo imo, and hypothetically, even if he was crap, just that goal celebration against the Trannies.

In all seriousness, a real gem of a signing and a leader on the pitch. Tough as old boots but not without a bit of skill.

What a shame we had him when everything was going breasts up, he could and probably would have been a BP legend with a longer stay.

KtF,

Derek.

right now....i agree with wellens. a big gap needs to be filled.

despite the hate i think he did make a difference.

people except kilkenny goin to leeds for more money and better prospects but nobody excepts that wellens did the same. neither of them had to sign for us did they!

I dont really want an argument about this but the nature of our league is that sometimes players choose latics.....and some dont.

For many reasons they have come ....and then gone.

Clint Hill.

What a shame we had him when everything was going breasts up...

Good player and would have liked him to stay longer but we wouldn't have got him without M**re's money in the first place.

I would have like Fitz to stay, rough diamond out of non-league who could have turned into a legend too with a longer stay. Same as Trottman, taken off the scrapheap and will turn out to be a very good buy for Preston.

Wellens.

Can't believe Shez didn't pay the extra 14k just to keep him.

Eh?

Try £236k (minimum).

Apparently we offered £3k per week and Donny had £4k per week on the table so an extra £1k per week over 3 years = £156k. Plus Donny paid a £100k signing fee (compared with the £20k that we offered). On top of that, you need to factor in an extra 23% for fringe benefits like NI Contributions, Insurance etc. Oh and Agents fees and everything else that goes with it. All in all, we are probably talking around an extra £400k for one player and that is on top of what we were originally offering and that deal broke the Bank!

Oh and then what if moneybags John Ryan had increased Donny's offer? Where do we draw the line?

£14k? Mind you it will be down to a couple of Wagon Wheels and a cup of Bovril within a week or so.

Eh?

Try £236k (minimum).

Apparently we offered £3k per week and Donny had £4k per week on the table so an extra £1k per week over 3 years = £156k. Plus Donny paid a £100k signing fee (compared with the £20k that we offered). On top of that, you need to factor in an extra 23% for fringe benefits like NI Contributions, Insurance etc. Oh and Agents fees and everything else that goes with it. All in all, we are probably talking around an extra £400k for one player and that is on top of what we were originally offering and that deal broke the Bank!

Oh and then what if moneybags John Ryan had increased Donny's offer? Where do we draw the line?

£14k? Mind you it will be down to a couple of Wagon Wheels and a cup of Bovril within a week or so.

And here's me hearing we offered the same wages, but not the wedge to sign on. Maybe we need to ring up Ritchie for the real figures! Or better still get him to come round for tea in his new Chrysler paid for from said wedge.

And here's me hearing we offered the same wages, but not the wedge to sign on. Maybe we need to ring up Ritchie for the real figures! Or better still get him to come round for tea in his new Chrysler paid for from said wedge.

Alternately, get Welshgaz to ask him next time he pops into his local pizza hut at Manchester Forte.

Thats if his inaudible squeak can be deciphered. :wink:

Micah Richards :grin:

I agree with the Wellens shout, I was pretty indifferent to him leaving and although he went missing too often the lad is class. Given our present predicament Lee Grant! And would have Beckett back tomorrow! If Murray could prove his fitness may be worth a shout on a short-term deal.

Eh?

Try £236k (minimum).

DO You know how much I value a cup of Bovril????

Grant - GK

Armstrong - LB

? - RB

one size - CB

Clint Hill - CB

Murray - CM

Wellens - CM

Croft - RW

? - LW

Beckett - CF

? - CF

Of the shouts so far we could compile this team. We need a right winger, Right back, left winger and a centre forward.

Anyone for Sam Parkin?

From the back.........

Lee Grant

Chris Armstrong

Clint Hill

Fitz Hall

Paul Murray

Kevin Betsy

Richie Wellens

Lee Croft

Luke Beckett

Carlo Corazzin

Jermaine Johnson

Plus bionic implants and rejunevation methods for Sheridan and Eyres

Get the kids in around these with Hughes, Davies, Hazell etc and we'd be a force to be reckoned with................would you think we'd have a chance at next level if this was basis of squad?

P.S. Spot to impostors!

From the back.........

Lee Grant

Chris Armstrong

Clint Hill

Fitz Hall

Paul Murray

Kevin Betsy

Richie Wellens

Lee Croft

Luke Beckett

Carlo Corazzin

Jermaine Johnson

Plus bionic implants and rejunevation methods for Sheridan and Eyres

Get the kids in around these with Hughes, Davies, Hazell etc and we'd be a force to be reckoned with................would you think we'd have a chance at next level if this was basis of squad?

P.S. Spot to impostors!

Not sure about Kevin Betsy or Carlo Corrazin but the rest looks good.

I'd take Sam Parkin back if he sorted his injury problems out. Very good finisher at this level.