Anyone know the Dowie situation

Apart from being ugly, him being uncovered as an extremely poor manager who took all the credit from his brother (scouting players), Jon Harbin (motivation and fitness) and Chairmen (for bankrolling quality players above the level of the club) is penalty enough, would you not think?!

In the stupid world of football I'm sure that some naive chairman will give him another chance to promise the earth and then moan when it all goes wrong by blaming insecurity within the club, lack of funds and then deceive fans and players by hiding away in Bolton again until the circle begins again.

Me bitter? Never(!)

Do I care what happens to him? No

Emperor's new clothes springs to mind and the true villain during THAT summer and the aftermath.

His challenge against the amount awarded has still to be heard. Tangoman has decided he wants the whole contract paid up now, whereas initially he just wanted a symbolic award. Hope he wins, and employs some very expensive lawyers to fight the case for him.

Why? Explain?

Well it's clear he's not a very poor manager, without injuries to importent players we would have walked to promotion, he got Palace from the relegation spots to the play-offs in 5 months, Charlton hardly improved after sacking him and he got little or no money to spend at Cov who, again, look worse after sacking him.

He may have behaved wrongly when leaving clubs but he's hardly on his own there.

As for the villain tag, thats just plain stupid.

Well it's clear he's not a very poor manager, without injuries to importent players we would have walked to promotion, he got Palace from the relegation spots to the play-offs in 5 months, Charlton hardly improved after sacking him and he got little or no money to spend at Cov who, again, look worse after sacking him.

He may have behaved wrongly when leaving clubs but he's hardly on his own there.

As for the villain tag, thats just plain stupid.

It’s old ground. He failed to get us promoted with an open chequebook at his disposal. Money doesn’t guarantee success, but I think it’s fair enough to hate him for spreading the self-promoting myth that he achieved wonders on a shoestring. It’s also fair enough to hate him for claiming that the only reason he left us was that a Big Club (!?) came in with an offer he couldn’t refuse, which we all know isn’t the truth. As I work within light field artillery range of Selhurst Park I have had to counter these lies countless times from Palace fans, in the days before they realised that he is indeed an arrogant lier. It’s not so much what he did as the fact that he constantly says that day is night to boost his own ego and public image whilst posing as a humble modest guy.

It's old ground. He failed to get us promoted with an open chequebook at his disposal. Money doesn't guarantee success, but I think it's fair enough to hate him for spreading the self-promoting myth that he achieved wonders on a shoestring. It's also fair enough to hate him for claiming that the only reason he left us was that a Big Club (!?) came in with an offer he couldn't refuse, which we all know isn't the truth. As I work within light field artillery range of Selhurst Park I have had to counter these lies countless times from Palace fans, in the days before they realised that he is indeed an arrogant lier. It's not so much what he did as the fact that he constantly says that day is night to boost his own ego and public image whilst posing as a humble modest guy.

And he makes Peter Beardsley look like a model

As for Coco small percent???? You get better with more practice.....

Looks for another job in my role as Board Analyst. Coco's claim only referred to the proportion of tripe on the board generated by him. He made no claims that only a small proportion of his own output is tripe :wink:

A small percent ?? :lol:

I know, i've got a long way to go to catch up to you, but with hard work, good luck and help from my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I believe I can get there.

Edited by leeslover
Just a little bit of help with your positivity Coco

I have had to counter these lies countless times from Palace fans, in the days before they realised that he is indeed an arrogant lier.

Haha....erm....so they argued like :censored: over it when he was a hero for them at Palace then turned all bitter once he left under a storm. Hmmmm, hardly that they realised anything about him but became ficklers who wanted to berate him. A bit like some of ours like to do :grin:

Haha....erm....so they argued like :censored: over it when he was a hero for them at Palace then turned all bitter once he left under a storm. Hmmmm, hardly that they realised anything about him but became ficklers who wanted to berate him. A bit like some of ours like to do :grin:

I could almost believe that you are talking about Iain Dowie, but thinking of Ronnie Moore! :wub: Let’s examine this: I told the Palace fans that Davros was a lying scumbag. They thought I was bitter because I was gutted that he had left us for a bigger club rather than stay with lickle Owdhum, picking a team made up of part time panel beaters and cotton spinners. Then, he left them, lying through his teeth, and they realised I was right all along. What’s fickle about realising the truth?

he got little or no money to spend at Cov who, again, look worse after sacking him.

£750,000 + £250,000 based on appearances for Walsall striker Scott Dann, hardly "little or no money".

Wigan bought there way out of this division, we tried and failed and it's down to Dowie. Our home form was appauling.

I could almost believe that you are talking about Iain Dowie, but thinking of Ronnie Moore! :wub: Let’s examine this: I told the Palace fans that Davros was a lying scumbag. They thought I was bitter because I was gutted that he had left us for a bigger club rather than stay with lickle Owdhum, picking a team made up of part time panel beaters and cotton spinners. Then, he left them, lying through his teeth, and they realised I was right all along. What’s fickle about realising the truth?

Is your keybopard stuck?.....Still using that "Ronnie Moore" key......come on LL...I credit you with more intelligence to debate a subject without trying to add in another totally unrelated one....

Anyhow....as I say....Palace's ungrateful lot are very, very similar to ours. TBH, if I was to part ways with Jordan, I'd be doing it exactly as Dowie did! They're hardly going to pat him on the back for doing it, are they? Quite convenient that they agree that what you were saying was true after all....through the same bitterness and being ungrateful!

Is your keybopard stuck?.....Still using that "Ronnie Moore" key......come on LL...I credit you with more intelligence to debate a subject without trying to add in another totally unrelated one....

Anyhow....as I say....Palace's ungrateful lot are very, very similar to ours. TBH, if I was to part ways with Jordan, I'd be doing it exactly as Dowie did! They're hardly going to pat him on the back for doing it, are they? Quite convenient that they agree that what you were saying was true after all....through the same bitterness and being ungrateful!

BB, I think the court got it about right.....In law Dowie is a liar. In life too.

BB, I think the court got it about right.....In law Dowie is a liar. In life too.

I'm not denying what he did. As I said, if I'd have enough of Jordan, I'd do my best to get out of his clutches at all costs. Just think it's quite convinient of Palace and our own fans to be bitter and cry "disloyal" etc. when it suits.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yup that's nature...in life in general not just Football. However football is a tribal thing and I doubt any Latics fan will not forget the speach Dowie delivered whilst his office fax machine had hardly just finished. I for one was glad Jordan took Dowie to task not only due to the above mentioned but again in general people in football think that it's unique to other walks of life and that they'll get away with anything.