Goalie Signed

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 year, no professional experience. If we're gonna play a kid it might as well be our own, bloody hell.

Thinking the same myself.

The lad has no first team experience at all and if he plays tomorrow it will be his proffesional debut.

A real kick in the teeth for Bell and yet another weird decision by Shez. I bet he's never seen the guy play!

Surely it's better to play the devil you know in this case.

If Bell's good enough for the bench for half a season then he's got to be good enough to play.

Guest oa_exile
Has he played for Rotherham when he was on loan there? Could be why he'll be starting ahead of Bell. Needs some info on the guy.

Never played a game for Roverum.

Shez has said recently that Josh Bell isn't ready to play in the first-team, he's only really been on the bench because there has been no one else. No point bringing a keeper in on loan if he's not going to play at all. Plus the guy is from Sheff Wed, one of Shez's old clubs and I'm sure he keeps a good eye on what happens there.

Shez has said recently that Josh Bell isn't ready to play in the first-team, he's only really been on the bench because there has been no one else. No point bringing a keeper in on loan if he's not going to play at all. Plus the guy is from Sheff Wed, one of Shez's old clubs and I'm sure he keeps a good eye on what happens there.

Exactly. I think people need to remember that Josh Bell is on an Apprenticeship and is our Youth Team Goalkeeper (and in competition with Josh Ollerenshaw for that position).

While this new guy is similarly inexperienced at League level, he isn't an apprentice Youth Teamer and so is a safer choice IMO (and presumably Sheridan's). The latter's job is on the line if we don't perform so I'm tempted to trust that he knows what he is doing.

Carlo Nash is a great shout, shame he went elsewhere last week! Perhaps we could get him in the summer permanently.

Perhaps the decision is not all down to Shez. Perhaps Norm, our No1 keeper and keeper coach (formerly at Sheff Wednesday) knows both Josh Bell and Richard O'Donnell and has said that the loanee would be a better bet than Josh at the moment?

Does seem like a desperate move bringing in such an inexperienced player. In my mind there is no excuse for finding ourselves in this situation because Crossley has been a injury waiting to happen and Pogs has been out most of the season and sadly now out for good. Lack of movement at the right times in the transfer market this season will probably cost us come the end of the season.

Drphibes

Does seem like a desperate move bringing in such an inexperienced player. In my mind there is no excuse for finding ourselves in this situation because Crossley has been a injury waiting to happen and Pogs has been out most of the season and sadly now out for good. Lack of movement at the right times in the transfer market this season will probably cost us come the end of the season.

Drphibes

There is a limit to the number of loaners you can have at any one time - what would have been the point in bringing in a loan keeper to simply warm the bench? It is only because we have had no luck with injuries that we have had to go and get an emergency loan. If Norm hadn't got injured, we wouldn't have needed to act at all.

There is a limit to the number of loaners you can have at any one time - what would have been the point in bringing in a loan keeper to simply warm the bench? It is only because we have had no luck with injuries that we have had to go and get an emergency loan. If Norm hadn't got injured, we wouldn't have needed to act at all.

The reason for the bench warmer is you would feel confident in throwing him into the team if and when a injury occured to the number one choice. It was obvious on Tuesday night that Crossley was a lame when he got injured and if Bournemouth had anything about them we could have been in the brown stuff. Crossley has been stuggling with the odd injury all season so maybe if Shez didnt want to get a keeper in on loan he should have looked for a permanent signing ?

Drphibes

WHY do oldham fans think players like that will come to us in league 1 playin infront of 4000 fans....

get real!!!!!

Why not? He's not getting a game where he is now. Really sorry to have annoyed you though, won't do it again... :(

It is only a weeks deal and will probably only play against Luton. So long as he's better than Bell then Shez has done well. God help him if he was making his debut at home.

Possibly bring back Beresford after the Luton game.

Played 2 games on loan for Buxton FC, a 3-0 defeat vs Witton and kept a clean sheet vs Marine. In all reality given Shez's hesitancy in the market all season a kid was all we could hope for. AND he will only meet his team mates in the dressing room, who the hell is going to marshall the defence? Pie-man is the only gob in the team!

Having said that Howarth was decent last season and Knight looked ok, what gripes me is that Terry Smith in his appearances last season did nothing wrong and maybe deserved another year to develop as third choice behind Crossley and Pogs. Instead we were left with scholars, one of which, Bell is getting destroyed every week in a reserve team that gets beat every week!

Yet another example of Sheridan's reactive management style, as others have said Pogs had been injured all season and every time lardarse moves quickly he seems to injure himself despite his much improved performances which I still think have been the bare minimum you'd expect from such a vastly experienced keeper.

Edited by oafcprozac