embarrasement

Sorry but if you think that playing a season on the back of Two crocked keepers and a youth player who you wont play even when your main keeper is struggling to stand, then I say you need to get real! Shez's transfer activity has been bad this season and I really do struggle to see how anyone can stand up and say he has done bugger all wrong.

Drphibes

What can we expect when we have a manager who doesn't seem to know how to make a substitution. It is innevitable players are going to get injured when they are made to play 270 minutes in 7 days! Bringing Wolfy on for 1 minute on Tuesday night is hardly going to make a difference! I would have also thought that we would have had our strikers wrapped up in cotton wool but apparently not as Allessandra was ruled out with the ankle injury again today! Why was he not rested once we were 2-0 up on Tuesday?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres not many around wholl just come to sit on the bench.

True! 'Keepers are a funny lot!

Apparently O'Donell made a few decent saves, so maybe he will grow in confidence if we manage to extend his loan (barring Crossley's return - and even if he does, maybe we should extend it anyway!).

I just hope that Sheridan is already thinking of who he would like to target as second or maybe even first choice 'keeper for next season.

So you knew at the start of the season this was going to happen? No-one was moaning about the keeper situation afew weeks ago .. you werent saying having those two was bad ... yes were in dire straights but im sure Shez hasnt just sat on his hands since Pog has left. With what 10 games left maybe those in charge of the budget wanted him to hold fire and play it by ear .. perhaps no-one really wanted to come to our massive club and only play second fiddle to MC, ever think of that???? I mean lets say he identified a target ... why would you leave the club your at for us, at the time we only needed a back-up keeper and theres not many around wholl just come to sit on the bench.

Basically there has been a good deal of mismanagement (management includes all those with management responsibilities - 2 amigos, board etc).

To be successful a goal (excuse the pun) is needed. Then a clear plan coupled with drive and determination. Sadly none of the aforementioned appear to be in evidence.

Perhaps the theme tune 'Mouldy old dough' is appropriate, because that is what is served up each season.

Basically there has been a good deal of mismanagement (management includes all those with management responsibilities - 2 amigos, board etc).

To be successful a goal (excuse the pun) is needed. Then a clear plan coupled with drive and determination. Sadly none of the aforementioned appear to be in evidence.

Perhaps the theme tune 'Mouldy old dough' is appropriate, because that is what is served up each season.

You keep bringing mis-management up pal... id like to know what you mean by that as you keep saying it so much.

Edited by kellys_discopants

So you knew at the start of the season this was going to happen? No-one was moaning about the keeper situation afew weeks ago .. you werent saying having those two was bad ... yes were in dire straights but im sure Shez hasnt just sat on his hands since Pog has left. With what 10 games left maybe those in charge of the budget wanted him to hold fire and play it by ear .. perhaps no-one really wanted to come to our massive club and only play second fiddle to MC, ever think of that???? I mean lets say he identified a target ... why would you leave the club your at for us, at the time we only needed a back-up keeper and theres not many around wholl just come to sit on the bench.

How long has Les been crocked ? last couple of weeks was it ? Crossley was ok for first choice keeper but wasnt he struggling with injuries before he arrived ? Dont give me the massvie club garbage, we are a small club in a small division but that does not mean we cannot find new signings does it because if your theory is right we will be playing Crossley until he draws his pension. The loss of Ricketts should have been dealt with but was it ? Nope we have decided to play untested kids instead after the injury to Lee Hughes. Shez has had all the time in the world to get something sorted on several occasions and we ended up with the Ian Moore fiasco and a untested kid from Wednesday. Sorry it aint good enough, these have been crucial mistakes that might cost us that playoff spot.

Drphibes

How long has Les been crocked ? last couple of weeks was it ? Crossley was ok for first choice keeper but wasnt he struggling with injuries before he arrived ? Dont give me the massvie club garbage, we are a small club in a small division but that does not mean we cannot find new signings does it because if your theory is right we will be playing Crossley until he draws his pension. The loss of Ricketts should have been dealt with but was it ? Nope we have decided to play untested kids instead after the injury to Lee Hughes. Shez has had all the time in the world to get something sorted on several occasions and we ended up with the Ian Moore fiasco and a untested kid from Wednesday. Sorry it aint good enough, these have been crucial mistakes that might cost us that playoff spot.

Drphibes

BlahBlahBlah .... since Hughes has been injured Lewis has done a superb job, and although opinions are divided Smalley for me has done well, yes hes inconsistent but hes young. The kids have done well ...

Oh, and the massive club bit .... sarcasm pal :lol: woooosh!

I'm sure that there is a plan in place, otherwise, why go through all the trouble with the stadium development?

To be honest, we are a mid-table, League One club at the moment, with aspirations of getting into the Championship in the near future. I would rather we achieve a comfortable mid-table finish than get 'found out' in the Championship and suffer for the next ten years in this league. We need to build. Sheridan needs to learn from his mistakes and we need to be realistic and patient.

I'd be happy just to be able to go and watch some football without having to do it from the other side of a screen!

You keep bringing mis-management up pal... id like to know what you mean by that as you keep saying it so much.

Hesitation, indecision, slow/failure to react to situations (signings, injuries). I could go on.

Perhaps the aims and objectives of senior management (those above Sheridan) are not focussed on the football?

By the way your real name wouldn't be Sheridan, would it?

I hope this is just emotional knee jerk reaction because it doesn't stand up. We are a small club that struggles at times to get 3,500 home fans - we have a squad that is capable of challenging for the play offs still(ie 3/4s of the way through the season) and we are still moaning.

The back room and previous reserve team manager were obivously doing something right or else we would not have coped at all with the injury situation that has presided over us. The club lost its first choice physio to City, the next one didn't work out and they are trying to recruit. Shez has gambled on keeper cover because upto 2 weeks ago it looked like Les would be back. We know he went for Kasper Schmiecal and didnt get him so he brought someone in to cover a game. Unfortunately it didnt go our way.

God help us if we were in the relegation zone or were Forest - sort the expectations out and support the management(including the owners without which we wouldnt have a club - remember)and team as they work to put Oldham in the play offs for the 2nd consecutive season. We are 3 pts off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vent over

Hesitation, indecision, slow/failure to react to situations (signings, injuries). I could go on.

Perhaps the aims and objectives of senior management (those above Sheridan) are not focussed on the football?

By the way your real name wouldn't be Sheridan, would it?

Are you implying that the Directors are going to sell the club up the river? Or that they are too distracted by off the field events?

BlahBlahBlah .... since Hughes has been injured Lewis has done a superb job, and although opinions are divided Smalley for me has done well, yes hes inconsistent but hes young. The kids have done well ...

Oh, and the massive club bit .... sarcasm pal :lol: woooosh!

I for one do not think the kids have done bad at all but we should not have to be in the position of having to play untested kids if 2 yes 2 strikers get injured. I did not detect your humour because that massive club line is spun on a regular basis here.

Drphibes

Its simply the owners fault .

more money

more comitment

and if they have the contacts they say they do i.e sir alex, arsene etc

mmm - ok then - more money, lets have a think about that one Chris Moore

More commitment - expand?

sory dint finish

About the contacts.... if they have them and friends at other levels aswell that they like to loan money to then maybe a little more string pullin is required.

If we had singed in jan instead of sellin then we would not be in the pos we are now. hopin that a team pached up with players that would struggle to get in most league 2 teams can produce heroics week in and week out, its just not gona happen.

Look at the loan singnings we've made recently ...

Jarret...........poor at his best

sory dint finish

About the contacts.... if they have them and friends at other levels aswell that they like to loan money to then maybe a little more string pullin is required.

If we had singed in jan instead of sellin then we would not be in the pos we are now. hopin that a team pached up with players that would struggle to get in most league 2 teams can produce heroics week in and week out, its just not gona happen.

Look at the loan singnings we've made recently ...

Jarret...........poor at his best

I think we struggled in Jan to get our targets - at that stage we needed a striker and a creative midfielder and a striker - we are still struggling in both - but I'm not that sure there are that many about of the calibre we need. Hughes injury is unfortunate because I thought he was getting sharper. Constantine deserves a chance and I thought looked ok against Tranmere. Now Allot is out I think Murray would be a good call, and if Livemore is fit and still there which I believe he is then there is a slightly different dimension.

An experienced keeper is needed and I think you might see that happen next week

Hopefully we should be ok, there is a long time to go and as Joe used to say the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet.

ktf

I think we struggled in Jan to get our targets - at that stage we needed a striker and a creative midfielder and a striker - we are still struggling in both - but I'm not that sure there are that many about of the calibre we need. Hughes injury is unfortunate because I thought he was getting sharper. Constantine deserves a chance and I thought looked ok against Tranmere. Now Allot is out I think Murray would be a good call, and if Livemore is fit and still there which I believe he is then there is a slightly different dimension.

An experienced keeper is needed and I think you might see that happen next week

Hopefully we should be ok, there is a long time to go and as Joe used to say the fat lady hasn't even warmed up yet.

ktf

I hope thats the case .

Dont agree with livermoore though, dont think hes any better than lomax.

granted they are diff style of players but lomax is tidy,coposed and attacking witch IMO works better with taylor. But livermoore is extremely defnsivly minded and you get that kind of torrel forbes feelin when hes on the ball . Hes got a good cros

s on him but just think he suits ronnie moores style rather that shes's.

The Wolfy thing is really something you struggle to to back Shez on, we've done well for the past few games playing two wingers, Taylor and Smalley, so when a striker gets injured you replace him with Wolfy, you don't mess up a system thats worked to good results.

maybe he went for damage limitation - he doesnt seem to fancy wolfy certainly not for 90 mins. Maybe its the way he trains or he is too quiet or not showing it in the reserves. I really don't know

Quality finish against vale though

Just got back in from the Luton match and we had a shocker in the first half. Second we picked it up and played quite well but I do feel sorry for O'Donnell because the 3 goals were in no way his fault and it's not the best scoreline to mark your league debut is it? I mean the first goal was just a good shot, second was a penalty and there wasn't really much he could do and the third was all Eardley's fault and went in off the post anyway. He did make come cracking saves as well.

Deane Smalley was my MOM though, he won headers, he chased the ball and he passed to other Oldham players, unlike Taylor and Eardley. And I must say, even Thommo did quite well when he came on so no complaints were he comes into it.

I hope thats the case .

Dont agree with livermoore though, dont think hes any better than lomax.

granted they are diff style of players but lomax is tidy,coposed and attacking witch IMO works better with taylor. But livermoore is extremely defnsivly minded and you get that kind of torrel forbes feelin when hes on the ball . Hes got a good cros

s on him but just think he suits ronnie moores style rather that shes's.

I'd keep Lomax in - I thought Livermoore gives us a bit of cover in a number of positions so he can fill in and allow Shez to change the game around him. I think as an attacking fullback Lomax is doing well - however I also think we need more experience on the pitch because we do struggle against physically stronger/bigger teams

I'd keep Lomax in - I thought Livermoore gives us a bit of cover in a number of positions so he can fill in and allow Shez to change the game around him. I think as an attacking fullback Lomax is doing well - however I also think we need more experience on the pitch because we do struggle against physically stronger/bigger teams

well hopefully gregan the destroyer will be back soon.