embarrasement

thin its 3 for strieght red or is that just for violent conduct i dont know . I'd rather see gregan with hazel to be ho nest i thin stam and gregan are to similar players and too much of a good thing is never great. gregan for the strenth and hazel for the posisioning,pace and controle. Stam not bad to have on the bench.

cant see him stayin though iv he dont play. This season has been good for stam as he has shown to be a very good defender at this level and if not playin clubs will be sniffin.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is just emotional knee jerk reaction because it doesn't stand up. We are a small club that struggles at times to get 3,500 home fans - we have a squad that is capable of challenging for the play offs still(ie 3/4s of the way through the season) and we are still moaning.

The back room and previous reserve team manager were obivously doing something right or else we would not have coped at all with the injury situation that has presided over us. The club lost its first choice physio to City, the next one didn't work out and they are trying to recruit. Shez has gambled on keeper cover because upto 2 weeks ago it looked like Les would be back. We know he went for Kasper Schmiecal and didnt get him so he brought someone in to cover a game. Unfortunately it didnt go our way.

God help us if we were in the relegation zone or were Forest - sort the expectations out and support the management(including the owners without which we wouldnt have a club - remember)and team as they work to put Oldham in the play offs for the 2nd consecutive season. We are 3 pts off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vent over

Cracking post pal!

sory dint finish

About the contacts.... if they have them and friends at other levels aswell that they like to loan money to then maybe a little more string pullin is required.

If we had singed in jan instead of sellin then we would not be in the pos we are now. hopin that a team pached up with players that would struggle to get in most league 2 teams can produce heroics week in and week out, its just not gona happen.

Look at the loan singnings we've made recently ...

Jarret...........poor at his best

You can hardly call him poor at best. He was great for the first two games and then ok he dipped for a game or two, however you must remember is isnt match fit and might even have been playing with this injury thats kept him out recently. Bit harsh to judge the lad one 4ish games when he isnt even fit.

Cracking post pal!

yawn yawn

theres always the ones like you who post this kind of message season in and season out , but i think everyone you are aiming it at have every right to get frustrated . after so many years of same old things.

thin its 3 for strieght red or is that just for violent conduct i dont know . I'd rather see gregan with hazel to be ho nest i thin stam and gregan are to similar players and too much of a good thing is never great. gregan for the strenth and hazel for the posisioning,pace and controle. Stam not bad to have on the bench.

cant see him stayin though iv he dont play. This season has been good for stam as he has shown to be a very good defender at this level and if not playin clubs will be sniffin.

I'd go for Hazel as well - am a little worried we might get done for pace but we'll have to see. I think Hazel has been the signing of the season and Gregan is apparently looking trim so it can only give us a lift

yawn yawn

theres always the ones like you who post this kind of message season in and season out , but i think everyone you are aiming it at have every right to get frustrated . after so many years of same old things.

All i said was good post ... that i agreed with it. I dont see the problem in me saying i agree with what hes posted .. whats your problem with it?

exactly what i was about to post kellys..a few weeks back we had problems with injuries in midfield and up front so we had to sort that out..youre always going to take more of a risk with your keepers (for example teams not having one on the bench) but we just dont have the budget to cover roughly 20 injured players

We don't have 20 first team squad players injured. All season we have been without a natural left winger and left back, Livermore has been brought in to cover eventually but even he isn't a natural left back/midfielder, he plays best through the middle. Pogs has been out of the picture for months and Crossley has been carrying injuries for a while so it would seem logical that the club should have a few keepers in mind who we could get in, a kid who has never playedl league football is hardly ideal. We have been playing without a right midfielder leaving Eardley exposed and giving the team no width, the last couple of games we have played with two wingers and although performaces weren't exactly world class we were better and got 6 points. Alessandra gets injured so instead of using Wolfenden either on the right or up front, this is a player that Shez has described as the best finisher at the club, he leaves him on the bench until there are only 5 minutes to go and plays Smalley up front and plays with 3 central midfield players again. The thing that really got me today was only having 4 players on the bench, to me thats just unprofessional, we know that players are carrying knocks, we know that two of them have been ill all week yet we don't take a couple of kids with us in case anything happens. It does no harm whatsoever in taking them, Dowie used to do it all the time, the worst that happens is that they end up not in the squad but do get valuable experience of being involved in the pre-match experience which will do them the world of good in a few years when they make that step up. I know Sheridan is still leaning but he is making some very basic errors and doesn't seem to be learning from them. I really, really want Shez to succeed here and will support the lads at matches 110% whoever is in charge and however well/bad they play but next season we need a huge improvement

Just got in from the game.

We were appalling in the first half, massive improvement in the second.

Shining light in the game was Smalley, playing on the wing and up front. He won headers, beat people and generally played with intelligence.

This intelligence bit seems lost on the likes of Eardley and especially Taylor. Neither could pass to a blue shirt. But at least Eardley defended reasonably well whereas Taylor just looked lost, off the pace and incapable of reading the game.

I've been reading some of the messages on here and can't quite understand the logic.

One post stated we had money to spend. Didn't we lose a packet paying Ricketts off?

Another said we should be covering for these injuries with additional signings. Look at our squad from the start of the season to now. Totally different. Who could honestly say that we would have foreseen our injury crisis?

KEEP THE FAITH

All i said was good post ... that i agreed with it. I dont see the problem in me saying i agree with what hes posted .. whats your problem with it?

i meant people like him .

who have a go at people when they get frustrated at the club .

i just think people pay their money and have the right to complain.

if prices go up then so should the quality of football. And this year the football has not improved.

Sory if i seem a little naffed off .

yawn yawn

we all get frustrated but then hopefully a sense of reality sets in - it was the same in the late 70s early 80s with Frizzell who had taken the club forwards from the brink of extinction to old div 2 but we were then always fighting relegation.

The same people were there giving Royle stick in the early 80s. Even when we won the old Div 2 but were crap at Blackburn and Oxford people were questionning his team selections.

Reality is its cyclical and at the moment we are more stable than we have been in the last 5 years and have a chance of improving season after season. Last season we punched above our weight. We still have a chance this season, if not nextseason may be the time when we are ready for an assault on the league. Meanwhile enjoy the fact we still have a club and so much potential with the davies, smalleys, alessandra's, taylors, eardley's and wolfendens

ktf - remember Shez brought these guys through

i meant people like him .

who have a go at people when they get frustrated at the club .

i just think people pay their money and have the right to complain.

if prices go up then so should the quality of football. And this year the football has not improved.

Sory if i seem a little naffed off .

No problem pal. Were all alittle ... Like you said people have a right to an opinion pal.

You can hardly call him poor at best. He was great for the first two games and then ok he dipped for a game or two, however you must remember is isnt match fit and might even have been playing with this injury thats kept him out recently. Bit harsh to judge the lad one 4ish games when he isnt even fit.

any one who goes to a fare share of football games can see the potencial of players and take mach fitness into account. if u compare his form 4 games in to say hughes 4 games in and you can see the difference.

we all get frustrated but then hopefully a sense of reality sets in - it was the same in the late 70s early 80s with Frizzell who had taken the club forwards from the brink of extinction to old div 2 but we were then always fighting relegation.

The same people were there giving Royle stick in the early 80s. Even when we won the old Div 2 but were crap at Blackburn and Oxford people were questionning his team selections.

Reality is its cyclical and at the moment we are more stable than we have been in the last 5 years and have a chance of improving season after season. Last season we punched above our weight. We still have a chance this season, if not nextseason may be the time when we are ready for an assault on the league. Meanwhile enjoy the fact we still have a club and so much potential with the davies, smalleys, alessandra's, taylors, eardley's and wolfendens

ktf - remember Shez brought these guys through

how many years can we just be content with having a club .

i see your point and we can be happy the clubs not going bust but thats not what footballs about.

It sort of is at the moment with the premier league - look how close Leeds, Coventry etc have come to going out of existence.

All I am saying is that we are building in a controlled way and we probably over achieved last year - I want the club to get up so much but we need a foundation to do it on - hopefully the redevelopment and income that generates will be it.

I understand the frustration and my wife hates it when we lose because as I am always in an rs but i was just trying to give a perspective on the disapointment of losing today and blaming everybody doesn't help so I had a vent at people moaning.

Its easy to support a big club or a consistently winning team - we're not there yet but have move forward from 3 years ago and are at least trying to do it playing football thats all.

It sort of is at the moment with the premier league - look how close Leeds, Coventry etc have come to going out of existence.

All I am saying is that we are building in a controlled way and we probably over achieved last year - I want the club to get up so much but we need a foundation to do it on - hopefully the redevelopment and income that generates will be it.

I understand the frustration and my wife hates it when we lose because as I am always in an rs but i was just trying to give a perspective on the disapointment of losing today and blaming everybody doesn't help so I had a vent at people moaning.

Its easy to support a big club or a consistently winning team - we're not there yet but have move forward from 3 years ago and are at least trying to do it playing football thats all.

i suppose at this stage i should respect my elders and listen to what your sayin. Its totally corect when you spell it out like that . But just deep down theres an inner child wanting evering now now now.

any one who goes to a fare share of football games can see the potencial of players and take mach fitness into account. if u compare his form 4 games in to say hughes 4 games in and you can see the difference.

There totally different players ... i dont see how you can compare them. You judge on his ability and performances ... and his potential .. not of someone elses.

I am with you on that - I want to be beating man u at bp again - 1-0 neil adams i think

hopefully i'll get to see that again

keep smiling

I'm too young to remember all that but i'v seen the vids of them games and it just seems so unreal that latics played in games like that and even won them . i have the 90 minute vide of the shef wed 3-2 game and i long for them days to return so i can experiance the feeling. a lot of people said the everton game felt like when they were in the prem and i want more of that.

There totally different players ... i dont see how you can compare them. You judge on his ability and performances ... and his potential .. not of someone elses.

you look at each players potencial for their own pos, not compare them against each other. Jarrets not a bad player but hes not that good either fit or not, preston fans will tell you that. we have a lot of players at the level of jarrets abality and i just think is not benificial to bring in someone whos no better than what weve alwready got.

I'm too young to remember all that but i'v seen the vids of them games and it just seems so unreal that latics played in games like that and even won them . i have the 90 minute vide of the shef wed 3-2 game and i long for them days to return so i can experiance the feeling. a lot of people said the everton game felt like when they were in the prem and i want more of that.

everton was the closest for a while - i think it will take time but i honestly believe we have a chance - just look at hull and stoke and portsmouth who were in the doldrums for so long - even barnsley get 11,000 at home now. Stick with it hopefully we'll get to the championship in the next two years then who knows - bring it on

wednesday 3-2 was amazing but Southampton 2-2 at the dell the year in the littlewoods before was the best ever for me ritchie 2 goals in the last 10 mins including the 2nd 4 mins in injury time to equalize. Then 2-0 at bp on the next tuesday night

now i am showing my age - oh well going now as have to feed the next generation of latics fans, or one of them, got to do my bit

Just to answer the question on Hazell...it would've been a 1 game ban but I believe as he's been sent off once this season already it then becomes a 2 match ban. Have a nice Easter Reuben!

What? Straight red is surely a three match ban. Stupidest tackle I've seen in ages, he let the fans and the team down today. Don't understand what was going through his head. Idiot.

Just a cut and paste of my comments from another post as I can't be arsed adding much more.....

Seriously though....this is just one of those games today you have to write off. I do think it's unacceptable to have the GK situation we've had lately as Crossley would've been lucky to have seen out this season without another needed break through injury (sadly Latics World wanted to blame the goal on the keeper brought in...very easily for my liking so I'll wait till I see it to have a view on it) and I do wonder what's the cause of these injuries (seems too conincidental at present for players to be dropping like flies...if you'd said a team would've played with only 4 subs at KL today, you'dve thought it would've been Luton!)

Anyway, this game today was our Uddersfield at home a few years back when Warne was sent off and our Port Vale last season. happens....never felt confident about today....we give teams on a run the 3pts (Hartlepool no away win in X games and now Luton today etc.)....it's life as a Latics fan. For this season, we just accept it! There are big mistakes Shez's made and I don't think that the "inexperienced" tag can wash for a lot for them.....however TODAY is not the day for mulling over them. This was a game you get in a season where you say...it was just one of them really bad days! Every team has them.