big flag

OminousPoultry

I'm collecting the flag from the back of the Chaddy at 1pm today - can anyone help with moving it as I'm told it takes a few to lift it? The plan is then to get it cut down to a more manageable size. Can anyone remember the details of the flag place in Greenfield (?)

I'll be outside the main entrance at 1pm if anyone can help

Guest oa_exile
I'm collecting the flag from the back of the Chaddy at 1pm today - can anyone help with moving it as I'm told it takes a few to lift it? The plan is then to get it cut down to a more manageable size. Can anyone remember the details of the flag place in Greenfield (?)

I'll be outside the main entrance at 1pm if anyone can help

There have been a few discussions on the OWTB of late on this subject , Mark from OASIS was involved , they also checked out the flag last week (i think).......do you know him ? ......he will be at the match today

yeah - I said I'd help because Mark is in London all week - he's not read his email !

I've emailed Alan Hardy a few times and now arranged to collect it to get things moving. Just need to work out who is going to do the work and how to pay for it now!

There have been a few discussions on the OWTB of late on this subject , Mark from OASIS was involved , they also checked out the flag last week (i think).......do you know him ? ......he will be at the match today

yeah - I said I'd help because Mark is in London all week - he's not read his email !

I've emailed Alan Hardy a few times and now arranged to collect it to get things moving. Just need to work out who is going to do the work and how to pay for it now!

Am I right in thinking that the plan is to use the centre (crest) section as a flag to be passed over the crowd, and the 'Keep the Faith' section as a banner? If the remainder is then cut into flag sized sections (e.g 6 foot by 3 foot, 12 foot by 6 foot etc) and sold off this could then fund the work on the sections being used. Anyone buying them could then make their own flags, creating a cracking display at matches.

I would definitely be interested in buying a section that I can turn into a flag.

Similar to what I said on the other forum, IMO selling off big pieces of the other one to a few individuals would deny loads of people the chance to own a our hostory. Personally I think I'd like a little square up in my wall, maybe some would put a patch on a coat or scarf, there's lots of ideas. Lets hold fire and see what state it's in and what can be salvaged first?

Similar to what I said on the other forum, IMO selling off big pieces of the other one to a few individuals would deny loads of people the chance to own a our hostory. Personally I think I'd like a little square up in my wall, maybe some would put a patch on a coat or scarf, there's lots of ideas. Lets hold fire and see what state it's in and what can be salvaged first?

I agree that many would like a piece of the flag. My thought was really that if people were objecting to it being cut up they may be happier if it was visible at matches, albeit in the form of many smaller flags.

It may be an idea to have various sizes for sale, from an inch square to 12 foot by 6 foot, priced according to size. I have said in the previous discussion that a piece of the flag is as much a part of our history as a piece of the plastic pitch, and as such, I would love to own a piece.

However it is decided to divide the flag up. it will certainly be put to better use than it has for the last few years.

OK - I've got the flag. Dragged the :censored: thing out of the Chaddy myself as no-one turned up to help....!

I'll ring Barmy Flags tomorrow and arrange a day to take it up there. Hopefully thay can lay it out and clean it up a bit so we can have a proper look. I haven't laid it out but from what I saw there are a few small (4 to 6 inches) rips - some cig burns etc but not too bad.

So - what are we going to do with it - and how is it going to be paid for?

I'd suggest a poll on here - yesterday on JK people thought it was a shame to cut it up at all and to leave it as it is - so that should be an option in the poll. Due to the weight and size of it it's not practical to transport it to away games - I reckon it weighs 500kg so if we want to take it away we need to get it down in size quite a bit.

I think we should get on with this soon - if we go in the play offs it would be great to have a few flags to get the atmosphere going - one in the Chaddy and one in the Lookers would look great!

Anyone wants to help with any of this give me a shout on here and I'll send you my number

cheers

Richard

i was watching MOTD last night and saw the liverpool one doing the rounds in the kop...

how is the latics one different to that flag.. it looked small in the kop, but when you bear in mind the size of the chaddy to the kop, the liverpool one seemed to me to be roughly the same size as ours if not bigger!!! (or is it the size of the flag in relation to the stand thats's the problem??)

so why does ours need to be chopped up????

so why does ours need to be chopped up????

'cos from what someone said the Latics one is almost as big as the entire Chaddy end! and that's gonna cause problems for the stewards/health and safety peoples!

I remember being a kid at Wembley when it came over the top and the feeling still gives me goosebumps now!! Would be nice to give today's kids a chance to replicate that - if that involves making it 1/2 the size then so be it!

Sorry I can't offer any Help Richard, but your efforts are very much appreciated!!

basically the size then eh? shame that...

But if Richard (and anyone else who can help) can get the badge cut out and stitched onto a new background at 1/2 or 3/4 of the size at least then it'd get use. Better to have a smaller usable flag than a giant useless one.

Because even if we play in the P/O final it's in no fit state to be used there - so its going to need something doing no matter what!

But if Richard (and anyone else who can help) can get the badge cut out and stitched onto a new background at 1/2 or 3/4 of the size at least then it'd get use. Better to have a smaller usable flag than a giant useless one.

Because even if we play in the P/O final it's in no fit state to be used there - so its going to need something doing no matter what!

i agree... my point was it's a shame that it's not been used simply due to it's size and use in the chaddy!

i fully agree with it's trimming, and future use/s at our and other's grounds! like you say even if we grace the new wembley with our presence on may 27th, then we can't be seen showing some moth eaten, ciggy burnt has been...

ps .. the modern day busby appears to be busy in sale today!!!!

I have no idea what that means, other than its near my house!! :blink:

ruddy hell you must be young!!

BT had an advert years ago with a little yellow bird called busby sat on the phone line...

so when people were busy nattering away, it used to be said.." busby is busy today/tonight!! "..

so the modern day link being e-mail, down a phone line, and you and i being in sale....

ok i'll get me coat!!!

ruddy hell you must be young!!

BT had an advert years ago with a little yellow bird called busby sat on the phone line...

so when people were busy nattering away, it used to be said.." busby is busy today/tonight!! "..

so the modern day link being e-mail, down a phone line, and you and i being in sale....

ok i'll get me coat!!!

Fair enough... :lol: ... I understand now!

Slightly more on topic... if we do have to go the playoff route - is that confirmed as Wembley? I know its near as damn it ready, but I've not read of a confirmation that is where the games are being played?

Fair enough... :lol: ... I understand now!

Slightly more on topic... if we do have to go the playoff route - is that confirmed as Wembley? I know its near as damn it ready, but I've not read of a confirmation that is where the games are being played?

i'm sure i found it somewhere!! will stand corrected though if wrong.. as i have a habit of not reading things through properly

i'm sure i found it somewhere!! will stand corrected though if wrong.. as i have a habit of not reading things through properly

this is taken from the MILL stadium hospitality web page..

now it doesn't mention the play off's BUT the rod stewart concert in JULY!!!!

CLICKETY CLICK........ http://www.millenniumstadium.com/302_3074.php

Millennium Stadium footballing fixtures. No P/O's listed there

looks like wembley then eh??

might be our lucky omen.. a new one.. as our luck at the old place was far from ideal...

ps must say that i would happily take auto... but a nice day out to london with a win at the end of it would be nice too...