Did people really think we would beat luton....

I don't honestly think there was a deliberate lack of effort generally from the players. There is a lot of young inexperienced players out on that field and the simple fact his they need people to give them direction on the pitch, they looked jaded and simply out of touch.

The direction on the pitch for me as come from Allott and sadly he was missing Sat ..... with all the injuries, new players coming in etc there as never been a consistancy that was so vital in getting into the play-offs last year. This merry-go-round of players will have had a big factor on the younger players along with the recent two games a week..

Yes, some of you may be right in saying that they are young players therefore they should be able to cope with playing twice a week .............. they should and do, but they do not have the mental strenght to cope with this yet.

For instance, by losing two quick goals agianst a team that couldn't buy a win until sat, Lewis who as been raising fans / players voices of late not playing, everyone on the team (including himself) knowing that Smalley is struggling to score .... and being partnered by someone they don't really know yet and being one player down. Heads will drop, shoulders will slump at the realisation that we didn't have anyone left on the field they believed could score two goals ........ the impression of a lack of effort will be seen. This was mirror in the stands (myself included) with the body language from the most ardent supporters from the time the second went in.

Play-offs this year are still a possibility, however looking at the long term future and the talent within the club now .......... whens the last time the future of this club (along with new stadium) looked so promising ?????

Should we have beat Luton ...... going of recxent form of both teams, indeed we should. Going off the form of all teams in this league over the season ....... I'm never be surprised by a result anymore.

yeah more fool you and more fool ed and more fool the bloody lot of you.....

We are a young side missing big players....one week we will kill teams the next we will struggle......thats what happens to teams like us....

ooohh sod it....the average football fan as a IQ of about 5 and alot are proving that on here......

Were a team in transition....we have had a GOOD season....we have beat some good teams, went on a fantastic away run and had a good cup run and to cap it all we have a resonable shot at the play offs!!!!.....half you lot act like where bottom of the table fighting for our lives!!!!

I thought we'd win. It wasn't that different a side that beat Tranmere and Bournemouth, what setting did you have your crystal ball set to to see that the wheels were going to fall off on Saturday? Or did you believe we were going to lose those games as well?

I thought we'd win. It wasn't that different a side that beat Tranmere and Bournemouth, what setting did you have your crystal ball set to to see that the wheels were going to fall off on Saturday? Or did you believe we were going to lose those games as well?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my pre-match prediction. Ok I went for 1-1 but.........................

"Never known us win at Luton in my lifetime so we must be due a one! On another note they've not won for 13 games and we know what that usually means. I'll go for 1-1 Lewi."

Its called form mate......

We hadnt won more than two in a row all season ..... I was hoping we would win....but I didnt think we would ....

I refer the honourable gentleman to my pre-match prediction. Ok I went for 1-1 but.........................

"Never known us win at Luton in my lifetime so we must be due a one! On another note they've not won for 13 games and we know what that usually means. I'll go for 1-1 Lewi."

What none of us quite expected was that Luton would play like a very decent side. It wasn't just that we were poor, they played good, confident football whilst we had an off day. They certainly didn't roll over and lie down

What none of us quite expected was that Luton would play like a very decent side. It wasn't just that we were poor, they played good, confident football whilst we had an off day. They certainly didn't roll over and lie down

Werent Luton near the top not so long ago before they had 15 points took off them ?? Why are people so surprised they were capable of beating us 3-0 ?? They were certainly due a win! Just the way football is....

Its called form mate......

We hadnt won more than two in a row all season ..... I was hoping we would win....but I didnt think we would ....

The form was that we had won our last games and Luton had not won for ages. To use that as a form guide that we are dead cert to lose, and that people who think otherwise have low IQs, is really making me scratch my head...

The form was that we had won our last games and Luton had not won for ages. To use that as a form guide that we are dead cert to lose, and that people who think otherwise have low IQs, is really making me scratch my head...

You can look at form from many different angles.....if you cant understand that then I wish you good luck in life.....

I will spell it out for you.......Yes we had won the last two.....but our form over the last 6 months has shown that the most likely out come would be a loss.....

Here is a prediction for you.....we will continue the trend of picking up wins....followed by a loss....its called being a young inconsistant side missing there big players.....

Edited by oafc0000

It wasn't that different a side that beat Tranmere and Bournemouth................

Apart from an unknown kid between the sticks, Alessandra being missing meaning Smalley having to be pushed up top thus losing most of the balance in the midfield. Oh, and we didn't play either of those sides with a man disadvantage. :wink:

Apart from an unknown kid between the sticks, Alessandra being missing meaning Smalley having to be pushed up top thus losing most of the balance in the midfield. Oh, and we didn't play either of those sides with a man disadvantage. :wink:

:lol:

We dont do facts on owtb :)

Edited by oafc0000

Well more fool you....

We have not got the consistancy to go up this season. But we are a good young side and IF (and its a big if) we can old on to these good youngesters and add to the sqaud next term then I see no reason why we cant go for it.

Alot of doom and gloom merchants on here making mountains out of mole hills. I fully expected us to get beat by Luton and I am surprised so many didnt. But for people to be once again attacking the manager, coaching staff and players again then I find that sad. These doom and gloom merchants have been slient over the last two games sliently sharpenning their swords......need to take a look at yourselfs guys....

Experience has taught me NEVER to expect a victory from the Latics, as you have pointed out we are too inconsistent. However, I do not expect a team in our shirts to go down like a shot dog and not put up a fight against a team that has become accustomed to regular defeats.

Quite right, we DO need to keep hold of our promising youngsters, but we are not a young team, we are quite an experienced team that has been devastated by injury. If Shez were to put his preferred side out (Disregarding loan players) it would likely be Crossley (38) Eards (19) Stam (28) Gregan (33) Lomax (21) Liddell (34) Allott (30) McDonald (25) Taylor (21) Hughes (31) and Davies (22) - That's not particularly young, especially as most of the younger members have quite a few games under their belts.

Injury has taken its toll on the side, and crocked older players have been replaced by young highly promising fringe players. Long may that continue, but you can only include so many fringe players before your side becomes desperately short of experience.

I would always prefer to see an injured experienced player replaced by a like wise player, and youngsters gradually eased in to the side, and I'm sure Shez would do too, so I don't see there being too many additions to the squad next season once our injury woes have subsided.

The big change for me next season would be to see like-for-like replacements for injured players a primary target, and areas of persistent cause for concern addressed (E.g Eardley's distribution, Davies's tunnel vision and our inability to create from set pieces).

Learn from mistakes and you will improve - there is no doubting that, and maybe next year we can reach the heights we are capable of. Because if we don't, I'm afraid you'll have to get used to the opinions of quite a few more doom and gloomers - Those swords will be razor sharp.

Prepare yourself...

Crossley (38) injured

Gregan (33) injured

Liddell (34) injured

Allott (30) injured

Hughes (31) injured

Now look at the side......

I think its fair to say its a young side..... Once we have these guys back then the excuess goes....but I also reckon the performances / consitancy will imporve.

Edited by oafc0000

Crossley (38) injured

Gregan (33) injured

Liddell (34) injured

Allott (30) injured

Hughes (31) injured

I think its fair to say its a young side..... Once we have these guys back then the excuess goes....but I also reckon the performances / consitancy will imporve.

These guys are the experience / backbone thats been missing from this current team most of the year and we are still in with a shout of promotion. The achievement of this young team without these players should be celebrated not knocked as many would have it.

These guys are the experience / backbone thats been missing from this current team most of the year and we are still in with a shout of promotion. The achievement of this young team without these players should be celebrated not knocked as many would have it.

I totally agree!!!!

You can look at form from many different angles.....if you cant understand that then I wish you good luck in life.....

I will spell it out for you.......Yes we had won the last two.....but our form over the last 6 months has shown that the most likely out come would be a loss.....

Here is a prediction for you.....we will continue the trend of picking up wins....followed by a loss....its called being a young inconsistant side missing there big players.....

You can indeed look at forms in many ways. What I don't quite understand is why any particular way is so blindingly obviously the right one that you are attempting to patronise those who saw it differently. Your best wishes in life are appreciated - as it happens part of my job entails predicting future events based on past data. I never thought of using a model that says sometimes one thing will happen, and sometimes another. Must be my low IQ holding me back.

Sarcy get :mad: Still only two changes of personel - Hazell did start the game after all so he wouldn't have formed part of any predictions. The change of keeper made no odds either, Norm wouldn't have stopped any of the goals. So there :tongue1::wink:

Sarcy get :mad: Still only two changes of personel - Hazell did start the game after all so he wouldn't have formed part of any predictions. The change of keeper made no odds either, Norm wouldn't have stopped any of the goals. So there :tongue1::wink:

:grin:

You can indeed look at forms in many ways. What I don't quite understand is why any particular way is so blindingly obviously the right one that you are attempting to patronise those who saw it differently. Your best wishes in life are appreciated - as it happens part of my job entails predicting future events based on past data. I never thought of using a model that says sometimes one thing will happen, and sometimes another. Must be my low IQ holding me back.

Well said LL.

We had won our last 2 games and Luton had not won in 13 or 15 games stretching back to New Years Day, and yet it should have been patently obvious to us low IQ posters that we would lose on Saturday.

oafc0000 must be a very rich man with an ability to see in to the future and make predictions as bold as that, the bookies must be running for cover.

oafc0000 please post some of your future "Nailed on" Latics score predictions so we can all get on and clean up, I didn't realise it was so easy.

Crossley (38) injured

Gregan (33) injured

Liddell (34) injured

Allott (30) injured

Hughes (31) injured

Don't think you either read or grasped my post.

I said we were an experienced side ravaged by injury.

Should we start next season injury-free, then we will have an experienced side backed up by some very promising youngsters.

My point was that we are not a young side when everyone's fit, and nor should we be when dealing with injuries (We have had far more than our fair share). Though no-one could have predicted the amount of injuries we have suffered, I don't expect the squad to be changed that much next season, as we have a well balanced squad in terms of youth and experience.

The kids have done fabulous this season under the circumstances, but the experienced players will always be first on the teamsheet if fit, so don't expect us to bring in too many players close season, as the squad we have when fully fit is a highly capable one if managed well.

Well said LL.

We had won our last 2 games and Luton had not won in 13 or 15 games stretching back to New Years Day, and yet it should have been patently obvious to us low IQ posters that we would lose on Saturday.

oafc0000 must be a very rich man with an ability to see in to the future and make predictions as bold as that, the bookies must be running for cover.

oafc0000 please post some of your future "Nailed on" Latics score predictions so we can all get on and clean up, I didn't realise it was so easy.

If I tell everyone the odds will reduce !!! and I dont want that now do I :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Well more fool you....

We have not got the consistancy to go up this season. But we are a good young side and IF (and its a big if) we can old on to these good youngesters and add to the sqaud next term then I see no reason why we cant go for it.

Alot of doom and gloom merchants on here making mountains out of mole hills. I fully expected us to get beat by Luton and I am surprised so many didnt. But for people to be once again attacking the manager, coaching staff and players again then I find that sad. These doom and gloom merchants have been slient over the last two games sliently sharpenning their swords......need to take a look at yourselfs guys....

While I can step back and look at the bigger picture and see that overall this is a young team and things I think are going in the right direction. You cannot slag people off for giving up a day spending a fair wedge of the wages going to watch their team aiming at the play offs and get tonked by a team who are already doomed to relegation in march and have not won in 15 and then being a little :censored: off about it. If you are honestly expecting people not to moan about that it must be you with the low IQ.