Season Tickets/Pricing next year

Is it not about this time of the year when season ticket prices for next year are announced with the early bird option etc

It will be interesting to see what the prices are going to be, with our current attendance issues can anybody see them putting the prices up??

Hopefully there will be some incentive there to attract back some of the fans we have lost this year.... Not meaning to be all negative but we are heading for our worst average attendance in 10 years...

Is it not about this time of the year when season ticket prices for next year are announced with the early bird option etc

It will be interesting to see what the prices are going to be, with our current attendance issues can anybody see them putting the prices up??

Hopefully there will be some incentive there to attract back some of the fans we have lost this year.... Not meaning to be all negative but we are heading for our worst average attendance in 10 years...

See my Good vs Bad thread, it covers this topic

Can we afford not to put them up ??

One factor will be where ST holders from the Broadway stand (upper and lower) are relocated too. Income projections for ST's in RRE or Chaddy will be lower than in Main Stand - at least for Broadway Upper exiles.

There'll also be calculations that , for the matches where massive away followings can be expected, there'll be less space for them. So lower gate recipts.

Next season's pricing has more complexities than normal . Having said that, I certainly don't expect prices to increase.

Edited by LaticsPete

One factor will be where ST holders from the Broadway stand (upper and lower) are relocated too. Income projections for ST's in RRE or Chaddy will be lower than in Main Stand - at least for Broadway Upper exiles.

There'll also be calculations that , for the matches where massive away followings can be expected, there'll be less space for them. So lower gate recipts.

Next season's pricing has more complexities than normal . Having said that, I certainly don't expect prices to increase.

Agree with that. Something they'll definitely have to consider, also have to have a look at who is coming up and down from the leagues and what sort of revenue we can draw from them.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I think prices will be held

I have had a season ticket since 1995/1996 but next season there is a distinct possibility i may not be getting one, partly due to cost, partly due to possible new job commitments.

If the prices go up I certainly wont be able to afford one.

I’ve been wondering what impact the ending of the Paddock will have on attendances, as the prices in there must pull in a lot of punters who are on a budget. The cheapest ticket price will presumably increase by about 50%, which is bound to affect pay on the day numbers.

Can anyone clarify the position re the rules about players' wages having to be based on a percentage of the Club's turnover? With us being in a downward spiral of attendances, will it ultimately mean less and less money being allowed to be spent on wages, resulting in us only being able to afford to pay young, inexperienced players?

Can anyone clarify the position re the rules about players' wages having to be based on a percentage of the Club's turnover? With us being in a downward spiral of attendances, will it ultimately mean less and less money being allowed to be spent on wages, resulting in us only being able to afford to pay young, inexperienced players?

I think it is fair to say that while we are bound by the Salary Cap (based on all income but clearly gate receipts are the major factor), OAFC significantly exceed this limit due to personal funding from TTA.

Directors can use their own money towards players wages (over and above the Salary Cap) so long as this is treated as a non-returnable donation as opposed to a repayable loan. That's why Clubs like Doncaster can generally beat most other League One Teams to certain players since John Ryan has very deep pockets and of course he is a life-long Donny fan spending his money on an expensive hobby.

I guess the question is how long are TTA prepared to fund the losses? Hopefully, for a few Years to come and maybe by then, we will have got our act together on the pitch (promotion please) as well as off it with other forms of income from the redeveloped Stadium.

I would like to see a bit on innovation in order to boost sales, such as that shown by Bradford City.

Just had a look at their offer - £150 if bought before 31/07/08, £300 after that. But if they sell 9000 adult tickets they'll give everyone an extra ticket free.

If they do sell 9000 that'll be the extent of their revenue

9000 x £150 = £1,350,000, add in maybe 1000 kids at £75 (under 11s free with an adult) ends up around £1,425,000

What do we get in total from gate receipts?

Average gate at the moment is around 5300.

3000 adult STs at £330 = £990,000

1000 kids STs at £50 = £50,000

1300 pay in advance per game (assume all in lookers lower) at £14 x 23 games = £418,600

Gives us about the same as Bradford off lower gates. So is it worth the club taking the risk? What if they end up with 6000 at £150 and 1000 kids at £50. Total ST sales would be £90k lower than now and there would be fewer people paying per game, losing about £18k per game.

They'd have to offer a decent discount to attract the stay aways, but then again to do that they'd need a decent take up. £250? You'd need about 5500 ST holders?

Maybe they should offer £250 if we get 6000, but to be honest I reckon it would fall flat on it's face and some people would moan that they ended up paying £330 and it's all the clubs fault as they "knew it would fail".

An alternative might be to offer free cup game tickets if we exceed a certain level of sales - e.g if we sell 4000 it will include JPT round 1, or Carling Cup round 1, 4500 will include a 2nd cup home game. It could go awry if we don't get drawn at home though, and the club would have to make up the gate money to the other club. Hardly likely to tempt the stay aways though?

I'm probably wrong but I have a feeling that rule only applies in League 2 at the moment.

I'm probably wrong but I have a feeling that rule only applies in League 2 at the moment.

It's 40% of income for League 2, and 60% for League 1. I'm not sure it's enforcable though. There doesn't seem to be any structure to fine a club who goes over the limit. What I don't understand is what figures are these percentages based on? Annual accounts? Or estimated income for the current season?

I think it is fair to say that while we are bound by the Salary Cap (based on all income but clearly gate receipts are the major factor), OAFC significantly exceed this limit due to personal funding from TTA.

TTA stated at the beginning of the season that their budget was lower than the salary cap allowed.

We godda consider what Bradford have done this season - it really is a success story that everyone is looking at!

Hardly a success, they are 13th in the league! For this to be classed as a success surely they would have to have a reasonably fair priced season ticket whilst achieving success on the pitch?

How Bradford have faired on the pitch has nothing to do with the huge sucess they have had in terms of attendances.... Infact the fact that they are

lying in 13th and pulling in 13K every week is a big success

Edited by NIKI1234

Thats the reason many are giving for not coming back, I do not see how the club can win back the "It's garbage" brigade without not serving up "garbage".

Even when they made the games £2 last year we didn't sell out the home ends then. The number of season ticket sales have been pretty static over the last few years, I can not see the number sold going up unless we go up . I would welcome any initiative to try and increase attendances/season tickets as long as it doesn't lead to an administrative nightmare or take any more money out of the club that has to be covered by TTA or a reduction of player wages.

It's 40% of income for League 2, and 60% for League 1. I'm not sure it's enforcable though. There doesn't seem to be any structure to fine a club who goes over the limit. What I don't understand is what figures are these percentages based on? Annual accounts? Or estimated income for the current season?

They stuck a transfer embargo on Hartlepool at the start of last season when they went over theirs.