Eardley Called Up For Wales

Switch Lomax to the right and hope Black is fit and can get his first start. Failing that Livermore is back at the club and might be fit for Monday.

Think it will be a simple case of putting Thommo in at RB as Rubes will be back from suspension by then.

Tbh, Eardley not playing would be no real loss IMO although I'd prefer it if he were still available and on the bench.

I guess what we are saying though is that there are options despite our injury list. Will definitely be a weak bench again though and that doesn't help Sheridan influence the game with subs.

Think it will be a simple case of putting Thommo in at RB as Rubes will be back from suspension by then.

Tbh, Eardley not playing would be no real loss IMO although I'd prefer it if he were still available and on the bench.

I guess what we are saying though is that there are options despite our injury list. Will definitely be a weak bench again though and that doesn't help Sheridan influence the game with subs.

Cant say i agree with that!

Hes defensively excellent and even starting scoring.

IMO this is a joke we have completley wafer thin squad and we lose a player for a pointless friendly!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, probably right. I want to see Black get a run out at some point this season. Shez should have done it by now especially against Yeovil when we were 2 up possibly even against the dippers at 3-1, take Lomax off to get a standing ovation after Ronnie had released him and stick another yoof on.

Cant say i agree with that!

Hes defensively excellent and even starting scoring.

IMO this is a joke we have completley wafer thin squad and we lose a player for a pointless friendly!!!!!!!!!

It's all about opinions. Tbh, I like Eardley and he has been better since we had an out and out winger in front of him. His distribution has been woeful though this Season.

What I am saying though is that he probably won't be missed. It is not as if he has been an outstanding RB this Season and so his replacement is going to be "like for like".

Glad he has scored a few recently but 3 penalties and an indirect free-kick from 9 yards hardly make him Denis Irwin.

It's all about opinions. Tbh, I like Eardley and he has been better since we had an out and out winger in front of him. His distribution has been woeful though this Season.

What I am saying though is that he probably won't be missed. It is not as if he has been an outstanding RB this Season and so his replacement is going to be "like for like".

Glad he has scored a few recently but 3 penalties and an indirect free-kick from 9 yards hardly make him Denis Irwin.

Agreed his distribution is poor.

however what if Thompson comes in and messes up 3 or 4 times defensively? Then its not a like for like swap

Also He will give no attacking threat apart from corner.s

Thompson won't be in RB again...surely...after his shocker in that position earlier in the position (worse than he was at CB.) Shez will hopefully put Thompson (or maybe even Gregan, who might be ready for a start then) in the centre and Rubes will go to the RB. Surely not Thompson there though....if he plays it HAS to be at CB.

Agreed his distribution is poor.

however what if Thompson comes in and messes up 3 or 4 times defensively? Then its not a like for like swap

Also He will give no attacking threat apart from corner.s

I think that's the point. Eardley for me this Season has been decidedly average. Makes it easier to replace him as either Thommo; Rubes or Lomax could do the job. Even Macca has played there in the past and done alright.

If it's "alright" that we are looking for then I don't see that we will be missing too much. If on the other hand Eardley was having a good and influential Season then I could more understand why he would be badly missed.

I'd prefer a settled team and prefer Eardley to be there. Unless he develops a "twinge" after the Millwall game (as Kilkenny did earlier this Season), then I guess he won't be available for Donny.

Back to my point and that fact he won't be there doesn't really bother me. As opposed to Crossley; Gregan; Allott; Hughes; Davies and to an extent, Liddell; Alessandra; Jarrett and Livermore all being mising which have given us more problems recently IMO.

Thompson won't be in RB again...surely...after his shocker in that position earlier in the position (worse than he was at CB.) Shez will hopefully put Thompson (or maybe even Gregan, who might be ready for a start then) in the centre and Rubes will go to the RB. Surely not Thompson there though....if he plays it HAS to be at CB.

How can you say that after his match-winning RB performance at Goodison? It seemed like he played at least 90 minutes there that afternoon thanks to Uriah Rennie! :grin:

How can you say that after his match-winning RB performance at Goodison? It seemed like he played at least 90 minutes there that afternoon thanks to Uriah Rennie! :grin:

To be fair, he did well when he came on for them few minutes etc at the time. Still don't think he should be at RB though....if he's required. Hazell can cover there and hopefully chip in with another Leeds screamer in the process :wink:

Donny lose 2 players to the welsh squad - hopefully it's gonna affect them more than us.

It's going to be a problem for us definately. We lost Mark Wilson to injury last week and have been down to 3 central midfielders. We've had Paul Green filling in at right back, a left back playing central midfield and now our best central midfielder's got a Welsh call up. Means we're down to Richie Wellens on his tod in central midfield which is great when you play 3 in central midfield.

It's going to be a problem for us definately. We lost Mark Wilson to injury last week and have been down to 3 central midfielders. We've had Paul Green filling in at right back, a left back playing central midfield and now our best central midfielder's got a Welsh call up. Means we're down to Richie Wellens on his tod in central midfield which is great when you play 3 in central midfield.

To be honest, if Richie was the only player you had on the entire pitch he would probably still do a job against us at the moment.... especially if his nemisis Mark Allott isn't going to be fit...

Just have to get JP to kick his ankles until he snaps.... :naughty:

Can't believe we're losing another player, this time so he can go all the way to Luxembourg so he can play a 30 minute cameo when Wales are already 3-0 up.

If I was Shez I would make sure Eards picks up a 'slight knock' on Saturday but miraculously passes a late fitness test at the Keepmoat. After all, Easter is apparently a time for miracles.

Eardley is probably going start for Wales because Gunter has been called up for U21's to help them in their vital qualifier match against Bosnia.

:censored: decision to let him go.we are supposedly still in the hunt for the playoffs,easter is a busy and sometimes vital time of the season.

we are already down to the bare bones and we release a player who wether you like him or not,has got a lot of experience in his position.

i can guarentee if it were a premeir league club still in the hunt for end of season honours of some sort he wouldnt be going,he would pick up a knock which ruled him out,but then recover with just enough time to play for his club,who pay his wages and advance his carear.

i dont understand the reason for letting him go.

I am sure we wouldnt have let him take part if we had a choice - especially with all our current injuries. Eardo I think has done well in only his second full season - he is only 19, still learning, can tackle, can cross and can score - yes mebbe it looks like he has the wrong boots on when he passes but mainly has been a vital part of our team this seas!

Can anyone explain the rules on this club v country issue. Do we have to let him go for a meaningleess friendly, or do we have some say in the matter. If it is the second why on earth are we releasing him?

If it's a friendly date organised by UEFA/FIFA we have no choice but to let him go.

I would have thought so, they might not have made 'arrangements' yet, but after seeing what we have done with Eardley they'll probably agree the same for their players.

They also have Stuart Elliott on international duty with Northern Ireland will he play?

http://www.doncasterroversfc.premiumtv.co....1268038,00.html

Edited by spadam