This is not a get Shez out thread!!!!

Shez is becoming a laughing stock IMO, no passion, no contacts (outside Sheffield). I have heard a number of things over the past few weeks I am not happy about. I am sick of hearing "he is not my sort of player" " I could have taken him" " we just didn't turn up" he should be supporting the kids at the club rather than knocking them in the paper and putting a call into Sheffield. I am quicky becoming annoyed at his attitude, comments and his general arrogance, I think he thinks he is being clever, but he just makes people dislike him. Everyone thought Shez would be the answer, im not too sure.

Getting the impression we have blown a great chance to get out of this division. You can blame injuries to a point, but you have got to place a big chunk of the blame on poor tactics, bad team selection and inept ability in the transfer market. The kids have been the big plus point this season and thats about it, we are only still in the mix up because this is a very very poor division. If RM or BT was in charge now, people would be going mad.

Thoughts please.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Shez has made a fair few mistakes this season, as i expected him too, as he is still learning the ropes as a manager. He is definately not the finished article, far from it actually, but, if this season goes the way it now looks likely it will (i.e. no promotion), then at least i would hope Shez will learn from it.

My main gripe with him and his staff (i include Tommy & Dux in this too) is in transfers: there seems to be a worrying reactive mentality about all our loans/signings, to me no proactive moves are made - we have a injury, we stall, mess about, um & argh, fuss, miss out on other players, then at the 11th hour someone, hell anyone, arrives. We've missed out on so many good championship, Leauge 1 & 2 players who would have made a real difference to our side as we haven't got in there first (proactive!!).

Also, Shez always seems to look upwards for transfers - when in the leagues below (league 2 and the blue square) there are (or,more to the point, were!) players who would be great additions to our side (Glen Murray, Stuart Fleetwood, Chris Zebroski etc) - he seems to think that to add quality he needs to look to the prem or championship, and IMO that simply isn't the case.

I hope lessons have been / are learned from this season, coz with the right activity in the transfer market, in the right areas - then by adding to the core of this teams & with this bunch of youngsters we have, we might just be able to finally get us out of this sodding league!!

"but you have got to place a big chunk of the blame on poor tactics, bad team selection and inept ability in the transfer market"

How has he been inept in the transfer market? HE IS NOT TO ANSWER FOR THE LACK OF PEOPLE COMING THROUGH THE DOOR.

This is absolute garbage IMO. I'm not having a go Eddie but how is he to blame? He has had no money! Do you think the TTA have said "here you go John, here's 200k go out and by a player" Shez replies "no ta, i'll get someone on a free lads, your alright, we don't need to spend any cash".

WTF!

He's probably just as pissed off with the lack of people coming in as you and i are! I agree with you on the poor tactics bit but you can't blame Shez for being poor in transfer market. He signed some excellent players, Hazel, Crossley, Hughes, Davies, Bertrand (loan), Allot and Gregan. How much as he spent.............not even a 100k?!?

So this is Shez's fault is it? LOL

If i could say anything to him it would be get out of this club while you can mate. no matter what he does he get's slammed. We win it's party time, we lose and he is rubbish in the transfer market.

Come up with something new coz this is getting boring.

WELL DONE SHEZ, KEEP GOING! SOME OF US APPRECIATE WHAT YOUR BUILDING!

Also, Shez always seems to look upwards for transfers - when in the leagues below (league 2 and the blue square) there are (or,more to the point, were!) players who would be great additions to our side (Glen Murray, Stuart Fleetwood, Chris Zebroski etc) - he seems to think that to add quality he needs to look to the prem or championship, and IMO that simply isn't the case.

I think that makes sense TBH - if you look down the leagues you would tend to be after young players who you think are going to be stars - they tend to cost money because of their potential as much as what they can do now. We've got enough of those already with Eardley, Taylor, Lewis etc. Shez wants experience to go with the talent we already have IMO, hence the raids on 2nd division reserve squads.

I think Shez has made a fair few mistakes this season, as i expected him too, as he is still learning the ropes as a manager. He is definately not the finished article, far from it actually, but, if this season goes the way it now looks likely it will (i.e. no promotion), then at least i would hope Shez will learn from it.

Just to point out, while I'm happy for Shez to be here next season that excuse is redundant now! He's made the same mistakes and comments this Jan and February that he did 12mths ago regards signings and pushing on for a best possible finish. He's made the same team selection mistakes like Crewe away last season, when he was playing 3 CM's across the 4 midfield slots early this season and then reverted back to it vs Hartlepool. And you don't need to be an experienced manager to know that you need 2 GK's that you can trust in the first team in your squad. We could've even brought one in and said to the new GK and to Crossley that you'd be rotating them a little to give Crossley a break (which would possibly have helped his fitness.)

As I say, for me Shez stays coz he can still take us forward IMO. It's just a case of how much his limitations will go towards stopping him taking us onwards and onwards. Where will he hit the ceiling? But we've got to drop this "inexperienced" tag now I'm afraid. It doesn't wash anymore. He's making mistakes because he ISN'T learning from past ones and that will limit the success he has. But I still feel he can take us up and so I'm happy to stick by him through to the end of next season and see where we go from there (if we give it a great shot but just miss out, then I'd possibly keep him longer....lot to happen before then though.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

"hence the raids on 2nd division reserve squads"..

There-in lies a massive problem, we're getting players in who aren't match fit by doing that. I realise there are the issues of 'taking a gamble' that will involve a fee on a, say Stuart Fleetwood, but at least when they arrive, they can hit the ground running fitness & match sharpness wise, instead of the 'Jarretts & Leon's 'we've brought in, who have arrived lacking both fitness & games.

I simply don't belive you have to look to 2nd division reserve players to add quality & competition to your match day squads, there is nothing wrong with looking down too - that was my main point!!

He has had no money! Do you think the TTA have said "here you go John, here's 200k go out and by a player" Shez replies "no ta, i'll get someone on a free lads, your alright, we don't need to spend any cash".

WTF!

You may have read my thoughts elsewhere regarding the budget. TTA did say go on there's £200k as we looked into signing Clarke for that before an injury crisis at SW catipulted him back into their side. And there's been £120k on the table for KK. Also, the fees for Allott and Davies total over £100k so he has had that to spend. Problem now, in my eyes, is that I feel the moneys only there if TTA feel they're getting a player who may become a very saleable player if he succeeds with us. If that's the case, then the money is there just that Shez isn't being allowed it and then we're getting into the realms of...well then Shez should be banging down the door saying either you back me or you don't. Saying nothing....saying we're not paying the wages being demanded means we won't get players. We won't go anywhere. And thus Shez starts looking like a YES man if he doesn't demand the money that was there for KK or Clarke for other players.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Where Shez has gone wrong imo is relying to much on youth and old pro's. i agree a good blend of youth and experience is essential for success, but experience doesnt have to be 30+.

Allott and McDonald are experienced. Hazell is experienced. Stam is experienced. what do these players have that Our 30+ players dont? the ability to stay fit for long periods of the season, meaning we can have a far more settled team.

if you were to replace Liddell, Gregan, Hughes and Crossley (not that i am saying any of these players are at fault for our position, this is not a matter i wish to discuss in this thread) with players in the 24-30 age bracket, im sure the team would have far less injuries, leading to a more settled team, and in turn more consistancy.

Everyone loves having big name players at the club, like Gregan, Liddell and Hughes, but between them, i would be very surprised if they have completed 46 games/a full season

"but you have got to place a big chunk of the blame on poor tactics, bad team selection and inept ability in the transfer market"

How has he been inept in the transfer market? HE IS NOT TO ANSWER FOR THE LACK OF PEOPLE COMING THROUGH THE DOOR.

This is absolute garbage IMO. I'm not having a go Eddie but how is he to blame? He has had no money! Do you think the TTA have said "here you go John, here's 200k go out and by a player" Shez replies "no ta, i'll get someone on a free lads, your alright, we don't need to spend any cash".

WTF!

He's probably just as pissed off with the lack of people coming in as you and i are! I agree with you on the poor tactics bit but you can't blame Shez for being poor in transfer market. He signed some excellent players, Hazel, Crossley, Hughes, Davies, Bertrand (loan), Allot and Gregan. How much as he spent.............not even a 100k?!?

So this is Shez's fault is it? LOL

If i could say anything to him it would be get out of this club while you can mate. no matter what he does he get's slammed. We win it's party time, we lose and he is rubbish in the transfer market.

Come up with something new coz this is getting boring.

WELL DONE SHEZ, KEEP GOING! SOME OF US APPRECIATE WHAT YOUR BUILDING!

WTF are you on about. The playing side of the club seems to be run on a back of a fag packet. Problem - react mentality!!!! The players you mention didntcost the earth granted.... But I bet you Allott and Davies cost more than £100 in fees. In the transfer market you build a squad, then you rectify if needed in Jan... Are you forgetting Kilkenny (All the egs in one basket) Are you forgeting Rickets!!! Shez wanted him and look what happened, We tried signing Clarke (Yes from Sheffield) Jarrett (Prob had something to do with the Trotman deal) Robertson (Sheffield) Crossley (Mate) Hazell (Mate of Allott) Bertrand (prob had something to do with Philiskirk deal) Do you get my drift..... He drops the same clanger at every transfer window opens.

This is not a get Shez out thread!!!!

Shez is becoming a laughing stock IMO, no passion, no contacts (outside Sheffield). I have heard a number of things over the past few weeks I am not happy about. I am sick of hearing "he is not my sort of player" " I could have taken him" " we just didn't turn up" he should be supporting the kids at the club rather than knocking them in the paper and putting a call into Sheffield. I am quicky becoming annoyed at his attitude, comments and his general arrogance, I think he thinks he is being clever, but he just makes people dislike him. Everyone thought Shez would be the answer, im not too sure.

Getting the impression we have blown a great chance to get out of this division. You can blame injuries to a point, but you have got to place a big chunk of the blame on poor tactics, bad team selection and inept ability in the transfer market. The kids have been the big plus point this season and thats about it, we are only still in the mix up because this is a very very poor division. If RM or BT was in charge now, people would be going mad.

Thoughts please.

Shez says the wrong things IMO. He gives us point targets and number of games to win, but doesn't seem to be going for promotion. Perhaps he doesn't want to get peoples hopes up when he knows that we aren't really consistent enopugh to do it. Other players come into management and do well immediately. Others fail, and most are mediocre like Shez.

Robson must be the most overrated manager in the game. Always getting good well paid jobs after failing at every previous club. I see that now he finally seems to be finished, Utd have given him a job.

Shez says the wrong things IMO. He gives us point targets and number of games to win, but doesn't seem to be going for promotion. Perhaps he doesn't want to get peoples hopes up when he knows that we aren't really consistent enopugh to do it. Other players come into management and do well immediately. Others fail, and most are mediocre like Shez.

Robson must be the most overrated manager in the game. Always getting good well paid jobs after failing at every previous club. I see that now he finally seems to be finished, Utd have given him a job.

What you mean like.....

* Lomax is one of the best young prospects at the club (I just dont want to play him)

* Eardley deserves the captains armband (No he doesn't, he is a kid who's game has suffered by having it)

* Shez, why dont we try playing Taylor on the right (Dont tell me how to run my team blah blah blah!!!)

* We have no keepers, and by the way the young lad who has been on the bench isnt ready either (Whats the dialing code for Sheffield???)

* Post Crewe last season, Gordon Lawton asks shez - Why did we change the formation (Shez reply, Gordon what you know about football you can write on the back of a stamp. Nothing to do with his asking the same question on the lips of every latics fan

* All out attack (We muster three lackluster performances with little action

* We need a striker... (Get one then "Oh Leon Clarke") (I have money, but none are the right player)

Im not saying sack the guy, but he needs some advice, but know way will he have that!!!!

OP, that's the biggest pile of rubbish I've ever heard.

BT or RM would have been out? Erm BT had us in the bottom 4 at this stage of the season, RM took over and kept us there until the last game. RM's first full season ended in a far damper squib than this one has even done so far.

JS's first season saw us hit the play offs, via top place in Feb.

So that's that one put to bed.

Transfers- Who did BT bring in? Jack, Arber etc? Erm, bit shaky. RM brought in Liddell, Wellens and Porter but also Butcher, Forbes and Branston. I don't think either can be held up as shining examples compared to Shez.

So, you think he should have brought more players in. But then you also criticise his approach to the kids - well if he'd brought more in, they wouldn't have got their chance, and for me smalley and allessandra have shown plenty of ability and promise. And what does "we needed other people to help out the younger lads" mean? Is that a criticism of the kids?

"This is not a shez out thread" "He's a laughing stock" - What you really mean is that you haven't the guts to say "shez out", because no way can you call someone a laughing stock and still respect them.

ps You're a laughing stock.

OP, that's the biggest pile of rubbish I've ever heard.

BT or RM would have been out? Erm BT had us in the bottom 4 at this stage of the season, RM took over and kept us there until the last game. RM's first full season ended in a far damper squib than this one has even done so far.

JS's first season saw us hit the play offs, via top place in Feb.

So that's that one put to bed.

Transfers- Who did BT bring in? Jack, Arber etc? Erm, bit shaky. RM brought in Liddell, Wellens and Porter but also Butcher, Forbes and Branston. I don't think either can be held up as shining examples compared to Shez.

So, you think he should have brought more players in. But then you also criticise his approach to the kids - well if he'd brought more in, they wouldn't have got their chance, and for me smalley and allessandra have shown plenty of ability and promise. And what does "we needed other people to help out the younger lads" mean? Is that a criticism of the kids?

"This is not a shez out thread" "He's a laughing stock" - What you really mean is that you haven't the guts to say "shez out", because no way can you call someone a laughing stock and still respect them.

ps You're a laughing stock.

You need to get REAL!!!!!

I honestly dont want shez out, I just think he doesn't learn from his mistakes, and wont be told any different. As for Shez's first season... He had RM squad, lets get that straight. This season we are where we are because this league is Very Very Very poor and the kids have done us proud.....

Get REAL Joker

RM's first full season ended in a far damper squib than this one has even done so far.

Lol....hold on...we were well in the playoff chase until the last 7 (admitedly very poor, but injury ravaged games) in his 1st season. This season ain't even finished yet, yet there were cries from short memoried Moore-outers claiming this to be the worst season since 19sixtywhatever after the Hartlepool defeat....

I think there are a shedloads of parellels between Moores 1st season and what for me is Shez's first season with his own (very thin through not replacing players) squad. And don't say about Shez's injuries coz Moore played Eardley and Taylor (as Beegs Teets likes to remind me when I point out he gave them their debuts) as babies due to injuries...ala Lewis and Smalley. Just fans trying to tell it all differently is the only difference I'm afraid. Neither deserve to go....Shez will I hope get his 2nd term with his squad without any claims of "inexperience" to defend him next season.

PS Moore never brought Branston in at all....back to Mr Fatnose for that one.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol....hold on...we were well in the playoff chase until the last 7 (admitedly very poor, but injury ravaged games) in his 1st season. This season ain't even finished yet, yet there were cries from short memoried Moore-outers claiming this to be the worst season since 19sixtywhatever after the Hartlepool defeat....

I think there are a shedloads of parellels between Moores 1st season and what for me is Shez's first season with his own (very thin through not replacing players) squad. And don't say about Shez's injuries coz Moore played Eardley and Taylor (as Beegs Teets likes to remind me when I point out he gave them their debuts) as babies due to injuries...ala Lewis and Smalley. Just fans trying to tell it all differently is the only difference I'm afraid. Neither deserve to go....Shez will I hope get his 2nd term with his squad without any claims of "inexperience" to defend him next season.

Well said Ross

You need to get REAL!!!!!

I honestly dont want shez out, I just think he doesn't learn from his mistakes, and wont be told any different. As for Shez's first season... He had RM squad, lets get that straight. This season we are where we are because this league is Very Very Very poor and the kids have done us proud.....

Get REAL Joker

So you want a laughing stock who doesn't learn from his mistakes and won't be told any different as a manager? And runs the team on the back of a fag packet? Drops the same clanger every transfer window?

Unlike you I can READ your posts and make points about them, rather than reverting to "get real".

So come on, you say BT would've been out and so would RM but can you show me where the parallels are? RM was in roughly the same position, and ended up on his way, BT was in a far worse position before he finally went. How does your "opinion" hold up on that point then? hmmm? hmmm?

Perhaps you could say "get real" or call me a "joker", 'cos that's really cutting it.

Hey and he's just lucky that the kids have done ok? Nowt to do with his knowledge from coaching them? Ooh now who was coaching the kids 24 months ago? JS!

Oh and he's been slagging them off hasn't he? But my quote doesn't say that, but you don't take that up either?

YOU need to get REAL. Like using REAL facts, REAL quotes, REAL points. Not the made up unsubstantiated "things I've heard2 pile of drivel you've come out with.

Every signing was a bad one - except the good ones, 'cos they were easy or set up for him eh? What a load of codswallop.

Still, you're backing him as manager aren't you. Are you? Aren't you?

Moore played Eardley and Taylor (as Beegs Teets likes to remind me when I point out he gave them their debuts) as babies due to injuries...ala Lewis and Smalley. Just fans trying to tell it all differently is the only difference I'm afraid. Neither deserve to go....Shez will I hope get his 2nd term with his squad without any claims of "inexperience" to defend him next season.

I could be remembering each of these wrong, but:

Moore only played Eardley once our playoff hopes were up in flames, didn't he?

And didn't he give Branston a contract?

I could be remembering each of these wrong, but:

Moore only played Eardley once our playoff hopes were up in flames, didn't he?

And didn't he give Branston a contract?

Yeah, Eardley only played in Moores last game.

And no, Branston signed his two (or maybe it was three?) year contract under Talbot only for Talbot to be sacked a few games later.

Are some of you finally seeing the problems with our coaching staff?

A Manager who seems to think that it's Ok to abuse the players even when they are winning.

A Manager who has not had a plan B all season.

A Manager who changes his game plan by substituting like for like when he needs to adopt a different approach to the game.

A Manager who has had to resort to emergency loans rather than spend money obtained from selling off our young starlet.

A Manager who does not know when saying nowt is the best option.

A Manager who has consistently played a player in the wrong (yes wrong) position all season but won't listen.