Or a manager:

Who doesn't let players carried away celebrating a win before the end of the game - haven't we lost a few in the dying minutes?

Who sets out a game plan, within the limitations of the injuries at the club

Who - see above

Who has a restricted budget, yet has attempted to sign a number of players.

Who is honest and straightforward, never resorting to spin or hiding away behind "no comment".

Who develops players attributes by stretching them.

You see anyone can make up a meaningless list of attributes or denigrations.

Personally I think we should appoint managers for a maximum of 3 months, then have a poll on here to extend it.

And we should have a no swearing, quietly spoken policy, after all nobody gets carried away or excited on a football pitch, it's unneccessary.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be remembering each of these wrong, but:

Moore only played Eardley once our playoff hopes were up in flames, didn't he?

And didn't he give Branston a contract?

Fair enough that Eardley only played that one game. He had a look at him (Forbes was on bench) and the lad impressed. And I'm sure he'dve been playing the next season had Moore have been here. You point that out about Eardley though, but have no reply on Taylor...him playing 14 games that season. Anyway....endless discussion but there are very few differences, as I said, between Moores 1 full season and Shez's season with his own squad for 1 year.

Regarding Shez and the transfer window:

I agree Shez was at fault last season for not strengthening the squad, we lacked depth in the squad and we tired out.

This season it's different, our first half of season was mediocre at best and even though Shez might have had the funds to bring in some new faces he might have decided to hold back until the summer, which I think is probably the best decision.

I also think it's crap when people say "he has no contacts" or "he can't attract anyone". He attracted; Davies, Ricketts, Kilkenny, Crossley, Hughes and Bertrand. Now despite whether those transfer worked out well or not, that's beside the point, they are big names and Shez got them. For the money Shez did spend in the summer I think Davies and Allott have proven their worth. We'll see what happens in the summer, I think we're going to be very busy in the transfer market, I just hope there's more people coming in. than going out.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

And don't say about Shez's injuries coz Moore played Eardley and Taylor (as Beegs Teets likes to remind me when I point out he gave them their debuts) as babies due to injuries...ala Lewis and Smalley.

Lol! :grin::D

Bang on about Taylor, his hand was forced but even I give Moore credit for Eardley, I didn't see that one coming, we had at least one fit right back at the time. Shez did start to bring Smalley through last season, well two sub apps but he was featuring in the pre-season games this year until his injury leading to his eventual rise to a first team regular.

I think Shez delayed too long on bringing Trotman in to the team, perhaps he didn't want to do it this year and get him on a longer contract but his hand was forced by injuries then Trotman's performances meant he couldn't leave him out. Possibly the same with Allesandra, again his hand was forced when Hughes went off injured but he was there on the bench, as was Wolfie but Shez plumped for Lewis at the time. If Lewis is here next season I can't see him as anything else than first name on the team sheet.

Hey and he's just lucky that the kids have done ok? Nowt to do with his knowledge from coaching them? Ooh now who was coaching the kids 24 months ago? JS!

I think we've got Tony Philliskirk to thank the for the high quality from our youngsters, the guy is an excellent youth team coach and works wonders with our kids

Sheridan has made errors this season which is fine he is an inexperienced manager but they are the same mistakes he made last season, hopefully next season he will have finally learned from them.

All managers make signings that don't work out, Moore brought in Wellens & Porter but also Forbes and Scott and whilst i wasn't Talbots biggest fan did bring in Kilkenny, Hughes and Croft

We do have the foundations for a promotion challenge next season so hopefully Shez can bring in the right players to fit into our team

Anyway....endless discussion but there are very few differences, as I said, between Moores 1 full season and Shez's season with his own squad for 1 year.

Apart from the approach taken towards potentially difficult FA cup ties away from home, i.e. actually trying to win the game (and succeeding) instead of the genius tactic of attempting to force a draw with, now, who was it? Oh yes. Brentford.

But otherwise, mostly agree. Although we were only really injury-ravaged towards the end of Moore's season, whereas it's been pretty much an episode of M*A*S*H* from the word go this season.

Apart from the approach taken towards potentially difficult FA cup ties away from home, i.e. actually trying to win the game (and succeeding) instead of the genius tactic of attempting to force a draw with, now, who was it? Oh yes. Brentford.

But otherwise, mostly agree. Although we were only really injury-ravaged towards the end of Moore's season, whereas it's been pretty much an episode of M*A*S*H* from the word go this season.

Moore was unlucky all season with injuries, Beckett was crocked pre-season, Owen and Haining missed big chunks of the season as did Liddell, Rob Scott, Eddy, Porter etc... We are certainly due a 'lucky' season. Last season was bad too from February onwards with players in and out. Thats why it is so important you start the season with strength in depth rather than on a wing and a prayer with a very good first 11 but nowt else in back up. Oh and having a left-back at the club can help too.......you need a 22 man squad, 2 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers. A 22 man squad is not massive and should be backed up by some good young kids who can do a job, rather like what we have now but not being expected to to play week in week out.

Actually, thinking about it, are we the most injury-ravaged side in the league? Seems we've been scuppered by important players getting injured at the wrong time for years. This season's a joke, but last season having Porter out for so long can't have helped either. With Moore's injuries added into the equation (apart from Rob Scott, which must have been a blessing), that's three full seasons of crocked misery we've had to put up with.

Priority numero uno this summer is getting a decent physio team in.

We've had this Sheridan discussion/argument for a long time. It's clear to me that he is the one trusted by the owners to fulfil their ambitions!

Oh no every time I see your user name I spend the rest of the day singing (in my head)....

Big Fat Joes Barmy Army.........Big Fat Joes Barmy Army...........Big Fat Joes Barmy Army

Actually, thinking about it, are we the most injury-ravaged side in the league? Seems we've been scuppered by important players getting injured at the wrong time for years. This season's a joke, but last season having Porter out for so long can't have helped either. With Moore's injuries added into the equation (apart from Rob Scott, which must have been a blessing), that's three full seasons of crocked misery we've had to put up with.

Priority numero uno this summer is getting a decent physio team in.

I still blame our prem relegation on Andy Ritchie being injured nearly all season

Lol! :grin::D

Bang on about Taylor, his hand was forced but even I give Moore credit for Eardley, I didn't see that one coming, we had at least one fit right back at the time.

Really? The season was over, when it's common to blood a few kids, and isn't it natural to look at what options you have in the squad when you've been having to resort to playing a man high on drugs to make him overcome the fact that his heel was broken, due to the alternative being Terrible? I'd be suprised if a few managers wouldn't have thought about giving a 17 year old U-21 international a try out in those circumstances.

I still blame our prem relegation on Andy Ritchie being injured nearly all season

He only made 13 starts that season, Olney got crocked in November, Sharp had been out for the best part of a year when he returned in October, so that left us with the in and out Beckford who constantly picked up niggles (Chelsea (A) anyone?) and McCarthy who was injured on his home debut in early December hich cost him 6 or 7 weeks. Steve Redmond even a got couple of games up front that season. If it hadn't been for Bernard chipping in with a few vital goals we'd have been down by Chrimbo! AND we had four keepers that season. Gerrard, Hallworth, Key and Walsh.

But if you remember at the time Ronnie hadn't seen a reserve match or even knew who those young lads were who kept turning up at Chapel rd with wet ears.

Ronnie wasn't at Chapel Road, he watched training through the window of either the Church or the Bridgwater. If he was feeling particularly productive he'd take his laptop to the Golden Buck and watch training via a webcam!

Edited by oafcprozac

Shez maybe not the best. But neither were the other 41 managers since we had Royle either. Dowie had money so is an anomoly and he didn't get us promoted anyway.

On that basis were not going to get anything but instability from losing shez and the new manager won't be any better anyway. I don't think Shez is exactly the brightest man in the world but in the real world, experience normally means 5 years plus at least.

Get an old hand in to help him.

We've had this Sheridan discussion/argument for a long time. It's clear to me that he is the one trusted by the owners to fulfil their ambitions!

Sadly, I'm not convinced of this anymore. Otherwise when Shez has been desperate for players and £200,000 for Clarke and £120,000 for KK has been available, why then has it suddenly disappeared when Shez has missed out on them two and when looking for others, it looks like we haven't got 2 halfpennies to rub together? I think signings are now almost "TTA approved" which sadly means they don't trust him so much with their money.

So you want a laughing stock who doesn't learn from his mistakes and won't be told any different as a manager? And runs the team on the back of a fag packet? Drops the same clanger every transfer window?

Unlike you I can READ your posts and make points about them, rather than reverting to "get real".

So come on, you say BT would've been out and so would RM but can you show me where the parallels are? RM was in roughly the same position, and ended up on his way, BT was in a far worse position before he finally went. How does your "opinion" hold up on that point then? hmmm? hmmm?

Perhaps you could say "get real" or call me a "joker", 'cos that's really cutting it.

Hey and he's just lucky that the kids have done ok? Nowt to do with his knowledge from coaching them? Ooh now who was coaching the kids 24 months ago? JS!

Oh and he's been slagging them off hasn't he? But my quote doesn't say that, but you don't take that up either?

YOU need to get REAL. Like using REAL facts, REAL quotes, REAL points. Not the made up unsubstantiated "things I've heard2 pile of drivel you've come out with.

Every signing was a bad one - except the good ones, 'cos they were easy or set up for him eh? What a load of codswallop.

Still, you're backing him as manager aren't you. Are you? Aren't you?

Why you getting angry you idiot!!!!

I am happy with that because I think he should be given time, but the way he is going, he will be out of BP before you know it. Plus, whats the alternative, yet another 2 year plan??? Its an opinion, just because you bum shez doesent mean you shouldn't be able to highlight where we has gone wrong. If you cant see there are a few problems behind closed doors you are blind mate, I bet you are one of these clowns who think we can pull this play off miricle out of the hat.... Wake up we have blown it!!

its pretty boring this now its the same conversation all the time i am definately not happy with our season but why shez out? we are basically consigned to this league forever whoever the manager is so whats the point in changing

I dont want Shez to loose his job, heshould be given another season. But I can see his attitude getting him the boot.

Its discussion not a witch hunt.

Some of you doys need to get your cock out of his arse

Are some of you finally seeing the problems with our coaching staff?

A Manager who seems to think that it's Ok to abuse the players even when they are winning.

A Manager who has not had a plan B all season.

A Manager who changes his game plan by substituting like for like when he needs to adopt a different approach to the game.

A Manager who has had to resort to emergency loans rather than spend money obtained from selling off our young starlet.

A Manager who does not know when saying nowt is the best option.

A Manager who has consistently played a player in the wrong (yes wrong) position all season but won't listen.

On the nose mate........... He needs to learn quickly!