Tonites results

Swansea bt Bristol Rovers at Rovers

Hudds bt Brighton at hudds

oh and Aberdeen knock Celtic outs the cup...c,mon the gers

Have to say they are good results if we are seriously still looking at the playoffs (only shez and a select 11 can answer that one)

shame to say tho, looks like going up as champions has gone now :disappointed::blink:

Aye good results, hopefully that marks the end of Brighton's good run, and all those games in hand Bristol had are slowly seeping away without much of an increase in the points column.

We can still do this, in reality it's unlikely due to injuries and problems with consistency, but we're three points off and everyone is dropping points.

Also, over the Easter weekend...

Northampton v Forest

Southend v Swansea

Leeds v Walsall

Orient v Carlisle

Carlisle v Northampton

Forest v Brighton

Points have to be dropped, it's not over...yet.

Aye good results, hopefully that marks the end of Brighton's good run, and all those games in hand Bristol had are slowly seeping away without much of an increase in the points column.

We can still do this, in reality it's unlikely due to injuries and problems with consistency, but we're three points off and everyone is dropping points.

Yes, "hope springs eternal" or summat like that!

But why do I get the feeling our play-off bid can be likened to Liverpool's "renewed" title bid... :grin:

Seattle Athletic Die-hard Dogyards* Overseas (SADDOs)

*Artistic license pending

Northampton v Forest

Southend v Swansea

Leeds v Walsall

Orient v Carlisle

Carlisle v Northampton

Forest v Brighton

How can we still do it if the club has given up on it???

Northampton v Forest

Southend v Swansea

Leeds v Walsall

Orient v Carlisle

Carlisle v Northampton

Forest v Brighton

i like your optimism, but there is the small matter of the donny game on monday, and millwall is no walkover

i like your optimism, but there is the small matter of the donny game on monday, and millwall is no walkover

Obviously we need to keep picking up points, and it will be hard to do so, but if we do pick up points then you can guarantee we'll be in and amongst them. It's a tall order but if we're still within 5 points of the playoffs by the time Orient visit then it'll be one tasty game.

Anyway, at least even if we don't make the playoffs, the run-in will be bloody interesting.

Edited by jsslatic

Agreed both good results. Also, there was an Oldham-esq crowd at 'Udders 6000 or so. Lets see if they can still can average 5 figures after 10 years in this crap division.

I think 6000 is well in excess of an Oldham-esqe crowd for a midweek game against Brighton.

We wouldn't have got 4000 if we had played them at BP last night.

Sorry just can't see us making the playoffs this time. In my opinion the team was much better last year than this, and we only just squeezed in then, so I just can't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong though.

I'd argue that the quality of the rest of the league was better last year as well - so the fact we are worse does not mean 6th is out of the question.

But...

In my opinion we will not finish in the play-offs. With the points total and the remaining fixtures (us and teams above us) its very do-able on paper, but we will not do our part.

Final position = 10th.

I think 6000 is well in excess of an Oldham-esqe crowd for a midweek game against Brighton.

We wouldn't have got 4000 if we had played them at BP last night.

I think he means half their hoped for attendance comapred to normal gates