young defender on trial

Guest M_OAFC

Based upon absolutely no evidence what so ever, just pure gut feeling, I reckon we're going to ending up offering him a deal and he's going to be really good signing.

Based upon absolutely no evidence what so ever, just pure gut feeling, I reckon we're going to ending up offering him a deal and he's going to be really good signing.

There speaks a footie fan. The sentence "Based upon absolutely no evidence what so ever, just pure gut feeling" is the most sense ever written on this here board here.

The way Coventry are playing at the mo if he was any good they'd have him in the first team ;)

Not slagging the guy off, just making a fly comment on Coventry and their relegation status (look at the fixtures LMAO)

Over the years, various Latics managers have pulled players from the bargain basements of football and polished them into good solid pros. They don't always fit in with their old teams style of play or simply the manager doesn't like them.

Remember the likes of Linighan, Marshall and Barrett for Big Joe; Hall for Dowie and more recently Trotman? All going nowhere with their respective clubs and all resurrected their careers with the Latics. Gradi has been doing this for years at Crewe.

Let's welcome the lad and give him a chance.

KEEP THE FAITH

makes a mistake? he was on a short term loan wanting to impress and gets himself sent off on his debut. wasn't as if he made a bad tackle. he raised his hands. he was of no use to us what so ever. thinkin of what is best for the club. we can do without things like that.

you can't say a thing on here without people lickin players bums. even when they made half anappearance on the pitch for us!

Hold on....Ben Turner had a decent game until he inexplicably and foolishly got himself sent off! Sad that the memory of his sending off taints the memory of his 87mins before it! Rubbish he wasn't, just very stupid.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Thank you Maskeed Owl for your considered analysis.

The insight into how a player may or may not have developed for us based on , as you say, less than a full match, is a skill I do not have.

If only those folk at Coventry had known how rubbish he was - and would be forever apparently - then he would have had his contract ripped up immediately on his return.

Edited by LaticsPete

Over the years, various Latics managers have pulled players from the bargain basements of football and polished them into good solid pros. They don't always fit in with their old teams style of play or simply the manager doesn't like them.

Remember the likes of Linighan, Marshall and Barrett for Big Joe; Hall for Dowie and more recently Trotman? All going nowhere with their respective clubs and all resurrected their careers with the Latics. Gradi has been doing this for years at Crewe.

Let's welcome the lad and give him a chance.

KEEP THE FAITH

Astoundingly well put.

KC

Sorry to pour cold water on Liam Francis. I saw him play for the Reserves at Forest - lost 6-2. He's tall and slim and doesn't look like a left back where he was playing. He made a shaky start and then he did a bit better as the game went on. Overall he did not look as good as what we have already.

Guest M_OAFC
Sorry to pour cold water on Liam Francis. I saw him play for the Reserves at Forest - lost 6-2. He's tall and slim and doesn't look like a left back where he was playing. He made a shaky start and then he did a bit better as the game went on. Overall he did not look as good as what we have already.

No, I won't have that. He's a legend, I'm convinced

Diego is being very kind to the lad. To be fair I would doubt from his build that he is a full back so it seems he was playing out of position. Having said that he had an absolute shocker last night. If asked he would say so himself, I'm sure. On last nights showing he can't tackle, pass, or trap a ball.

On the positive side he honestly can't be as bad as he appeared last night. Hopefully it was a bad day at the office and he will come good. He would never have got a professional contract if his performance last night is all he has to offer.