Perspective

This season we have had long term injuries to Gregan, Hughes, Liddle, Pogs, as well as missing Davies, Crossley for chunks of the season, they you could argue are 4 of our best outfield players as well as playing with an unfit goalie for part of the season due to Pogs injury.

For us to be only 3 points off the playoffs is a great achievment, I guarantee if you took 5 players of that quality away from Tranmere or Walsall they would be no where near the playoffs.

I think a bit of persepective is needed amongst all the doom and gloomers.

This season we have had long term injuries to Gregan, Hughes, Liddle, Pogs, as well as missing Davies, Crossley for chunks of the season, they you could argue are 4 of our best outfield players as well as playing with an unfit goalie for part of the season due to Pogs injury.

For us to be only 3 points off the playoffs is a great achievment, I guarantee if you took 5 players of that quality away from Tranmere or Walsall they would be no where near the playoffs.

agreed

Games in hand other clubs have over us will mean by the time these games work themselves out the difference will be more than 3 points...

My problem is that im not optomistic about this season or the next so yeah you could say i am a doom and gloomer.... i just dont see this changing and i think next season will be a mirror image of this...

Players will leave, we will bring in a few new faces, "they need time to gel"... and when they finally do "gel" the season will be over, because we havent got the cash to have a decent strength squad in depth our only hope is to have a set of players who will gel straght away and none of them get injured all season...

The only highlight for me this season is Allott (player of the season by a country mile) and Alessandra

They are all long term injuries though, i think people are more concerned that little was done to replace them. We have been very unlucky with injuries no-one can deny that but we didn't really replace key players when perhaps we should have done - hindsight is a wonderful thing though!

Besides most people say Gregan, Lids and Crossley are past it and shouldnt be playing for us anyway!

They are all long term injuries though, i think people are more concerned that little was done to replace them. We have been very unlucky with injuries no-one can deny that but we didn't really replace key players when perhaps we should have done - hindsight is a wonderful thing though!

Besides most people say Gregan, Lids and Crossley are past it and shouldnt be playing for us anyway!

"Most people" ? Some.

Games in hand other clubs have over us will mean by the time these games work themselves out the difference will be more than 3 points...

Aye, cos every team apart from Latics have been ultra consistent this season and are guaranteed to win their games in hand! Come on Davros, I know we have missed opportunities to get right back into the mix but in view of the horrific injuries we've suffered this year I reckon we've not done too badly.

How can the club be expected to go out and replace the likes of Gregan, Hughes, Davies, Liddle, I dare say they are possibly our biggest 4 earners, attendances are going down, it is unfair to expect the TTA to keep chucking sums of money at the situation, however they have helped Shezz by giving him funds for Livermore and Constantine who I am sure would not come cheap.

How can the club be expected to go out and replace the likes of Gregan, Hughes, Davies, Liddle, I dare say they are possibly our biggest 4 earners, attendances are going down, it is unfair to expect the TTA to keep chucking sums of money at the situation, however they have helped Shezz by giving him funds for Livermore and Constantine who I am sure would not come cheap.

100% agree with that statement. Some people believe it's She'z fault that key players weren't replaced but what they fail tor ealise is it isn't Shez who control the finances, it's the TTA. I too am dissapointed that we haven't done more in the transfer market but you are completely bob on with the fact that Lids, Crossley, Gregan, Thompson are probably are most senior players, couple that with the long absence of Hughes and that's a fair chunk of our senior players injured long-term and all those positions cannot be covered. Our attendances are falling rapidly and we have development plans in place that are starting at the end of the season and people expect us to go out and sign replacements for these players?!?

It's called being a league one club with poor attendances, some would argue league two attendances.

100% agree with that statement. Some people believe it's She'z fault that key players weren't replaced but what they fail tor ealise is it isn't Shez who control the finances, it's the TTA. I too am dissapointed that we haven't done more in the transfer market but you are completely bob on with the fact that Lids, Crossley, Gregan, Thompson are probably are most senior players, couple that with the long absence of Hughes and that's a fair chunk of our senior players injured long-term and all those positions cannot be covered. Our attendances are falling rapidly and we have development plans in place that are starting at the end of the season and people expect us to go out and sign replacements for these players?!?

It's called being a league one club with poor attendances, some would argue league two attendances.

The money was there to bring players in, not world class players admittedly but decent league one players. I wasn't saying that we should sign full time replacements for all our injured players but a bit of cover and experience in some key positions would have been useful instead of having to throw so many youngsters into the first 11 all at once. We did sign Livermore, Jarrett and Constantine eventually and all three are decent players for us it just seemed to take an age to bring players in. People will no doubt say how its not easy to get players to join us which is probably true but isn't that part of Shez's job? Other managers seemed to get players to sign for clubs in similar circumstances to us.

Yes we are a league one club, with very poor attendances at the moment, we are starting a redevelopment of the ground - and TTA have said in the past that money will not be taken out of the transfer/wages kitty to pay for it - but when TTA got here they said they wanted an established championship side in abt 5 years, they want us to move forward, most of the fans want us to move forward but the only way to do that is to be successful on the pitch. Next season hopefully Shez and co will have learnt from some of there mistakes and the success wil come.

the only thing what has bothered me this year is the big dip in crowds... defo not the performances!!!!!!

if they made it 15 pound all round and abit cheaper in places it would make a a massive difference just look at bradford average price summat like 6.50..... i know people will say if you work it out they are prob just gonna be the same as ares at 20quid but id rather go to a game (or play a game) infront of 8000 than 3800

also players look at this i know they dont say it but playing infront of 3800 for us its BIZZ!!!!

lets hope something happens sooner rarther than later

the only thing what has bothered me this year is the big dip in crowds... defo not the performances!!!!!!

Well you're much more easier to please than me, because I have been ashamed at the lack of effort and thought that has gone into many of this season's games - and that dip in crowds might just be something to do with other people thinking the same.

Losing games is something all teams have to put up with, but so many poor performances in one season is unacceptable, and the players and manager need to respond quickly and positively to make sure next season is a more consistent one.

Aye, cos every team apart from Latics have been ultra consistent this season and are guaranteed to win their games in hand! Come on Davros, I know we have missed opportunities to get right back into the mix but in view of the horrific injuries we've suffered this year I reckon we've not done too badly.

No team apart from obviously the top 3 have been consistent... all i was saying is will we still be 3 points behind playoffs when the others catch up, highly unlikely,,,

if they made it 15 pound all round and abit cheaper in places it would make a a massive difference just look at bradford average price summat like 6.50..... i know people will say if you work it out they are prob just gonna be the same as ares at 20quid but id rather go to a game (or play a game) infront of 8000 than 3800

also players look at this i know they dont say it but playing infront of 3800 for us its BIZZ!!!!

lets hope something happens sooner rarther than later

Dont know if you have noticed but the two go together... inconsistency and gash performances = lower attendances

Whenever a team isn't meeting fans expectations "lack of effort" is always claimed. Maybe we just arn't good enough?

Correct

Edited by Davros

We have signed loan players in key positions? WTF, i am the only here that thinks that Shez has done well?

We have signed:

Livermore - to cover both defence and midfield.

Jarrett - to cover injuries in midfield.

O'Donnel - to cover for Pogs & now Crossley.

Constantine - to cover up front.

Robertson (even though he's gone back) to cover up front.

Bertrand - to cover left back even though gone back

Giddings - to cover left back even though gone back

I'm not sure how many loan signings you can make in one season but he must be getting close to the most your allowed.

The simple fact is we have been mega unlucky with injuries. People keep saying it's no excue but it bloody is! No team with our resources can cope with the sheer weight of numbers in the physio's room.

Davies - out

Hughes - out

Robertson - out and sent back

Jarrett - struggled with niggling injuries since he's been here.

Liddell - out

Hughes - out for rest of the season

Livermore - just coming back

Thommo - just coming back after long lay-off

Allessandra - out - not sure when back

Giddings - went back coz injured

Gregan - out but coming back after long lay-off

Crossley - out

Pogs - had to leave the bloody club coz he's injured long-term

Black - out

No squad can cope with this many injuries at our level. No squad at all. So asking for the club to replace that many is unreasonable, we do not have this kind of money. It is not Shez's fault with having this many injuries and it's not his fault that we haven't signed any.

People keep saying there was money for KK and Clarke in January and i am one of those has wondered why we didn't sign anyone else. People keep saying it's Shez, no plan B etc...but how do we know he didn't have a plan B? Maybe the TTA and Shez couldn't sign anyone else?

I doubt very much that Shez is going to turn down the TTA's money in favour of a loan or youngster.

The fact is Shez should be praised for doing a sterling job this season, i for one feel the club is moving forward on and off the field but i have to say that i expect SOME money to spent this Summer to add some weight to the squad.

Viva le Blues!

The money was there to bring players in, not world class players admittedly but decent league one players. I wasn't saying that we should sign full time replacements for all our injured players but a bit of cover and experience in some key positions would have been useful instead of having to throw so many youngsters into the first 11 all at once. We did sign Livermore, Jarrett and Constantine eventually and all three are decent players for us it just seemed to take an age to bring players in. People will no doubt say how its not easy to get players to join us which is probably true but isn't that part of Shez's job? Other managers seemed to get players to sign for clubs in similar circumstances to us.

Yes we are a league one club, with very poor attendances at the moment, we are starting a redevelopment of the ground - and TTA have said in the past that money will not be taken out of the transfer/wages kitty to pay for it - but when TTA got here they said they wanted an established championship side in abt 5 years, they want us to move forward, most of the fans want us to move forward but the only way to do that is to be successful on the pitch. Next season hopefully Shez and co will have learnt from some of there mistakes and the success wil come.

Never a more true word spoken on this board. I cannot believe that some people have simply shrugged their shoulders and conceded to this defeatist "well there's always next season" rubbish.

Where is the evidence that suggests that our current league position will improve next season? We're three points from a Play-Off place with a number of games left. OK we have to better those teams between us and sixth spot but we have a great chance of achieving that if we only bring in some fresh facesand boost the depleted forward line. The owners have stated more than once that funds are available so why has Sheridan just stopped looking even with Deadline Day a week away? Will there be the same knee-jerk attempts at 2359hrs next Thursday evening once realism kicks in and someone actually looks at the table??

Edited by Midsblue

"The owners have stated more than once that funds are available so why has Sheridan just stopped looking even with Deadline Day a week away?"

I give up. :disappointed:

How do you know Shez has stopped looking?

Has he come out and said "i am not looking for anyone"?

Shez more than anyone will know he needs to strengthen the squad, if he doesn't bring anyone else in it will be for a bloody good reason like the fact Gregan, Lidds and Davies aren't too far away from coming back, Kalala, Livermore and Thommo are back, Alott, Davies and Allessandra aren't miles away. He's brought in O'Donnell to cover Crossley and Constantince to cover for Davies until he's back.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Never a more true word spoken on this board. I cannot believe that some people have simply shrugged their shoulders and conceded to this defeatist "well there's always next season" rubbish.

Where is the evidence that suggests that our current league position will improve next season? We're three points from a Play-Off place with a number of games left. OK we have to better those teams between us and sixth spot but we have a great chance of achieving that if we only bring in some fresh facesand boost the depleted forward line. The owners have stated more than once that funds are available so why has Sheridan just stopped looking even with Deadline Day a week away? Will there be the same knee-jerk attempts at 2359hrs next Thursday evening once realism kicks in and someone actually looks at the table??

Funds are available but not just for any tom dick or harry.....TTA and Sheridan were probably quite happy to splash the cash on kilkenny or clarke because they were seen as good investments as Allott and Davies have shown to be.....Splashing 200k at our level on someone is a decision that takes months not a week because you dont get your first target. Im 99.99999% certain Sheridan is lining up targets to spend that money on in the summer maybe clarke again who knows......

what i do know is that i would rather Sheridan have a long hard think about who he is signing for 200k and make sure it is the right choice because if it isn't all you doubters will be straight down his throat and it will probably cost him his job!! Get real!

We have signed loan players in key positions? WTF, i am the only here that thinks that Shez has done well?

We have signed:

I'm not sure how many loan signings you can make in one season but he must be getting close to the most your allowed.

The simple fact is we have been mega unlucky with injuries. People keep saying it's no excue but it bloody is! No team with our resources can cope with the sheer weight of numbers in the physio's room.

Davies - out

Hughes - out

Robertson - out and sent back

Jarrett - struggled with niggling injuries since he's been here.

Liddell - out

Hughes - out for rest of the season

Livermore - just coming back

Thommo - just coming back after long lay-off

Allessandra - out - not sure when back

Giddings - went back coz injured

Gregan - out but coming back after long lay-off

Crossley - out

Pogs - had to leave the bloody club coz he's injured long-term

Black - out

No squad can cope with this many injuries at our level. No squad at all. So asking for the club to replace that many is unreasonable, we do not have this kind of money. It is not Shez's fault with having this many injuries and it's not his fault that we haven't signed any.

People keep saying there was money for KK and Clarke in January and i am one of those has wondered why we didn't sign anyone else. People keep saying it's Shez, no plan B etc...but how do we know he didn't have a plan B? Maybe the TTA and Shez couldn't sign anyone else?

I doubt very much that Shez is going to turn down the TTA's money in favour of a loan or youngster.

The fact is Shez should be praised for doing a sterling job this season, i for one feel the club is moving forward on and off the field but i have to say that i expect SOME money to spent this Summer to add some weight to the squad.

Viva le Blues!

You are NOT alone - I agree - happyclapping Leezy - that's me - In Shezza We Trust!

We have signed:

Afraid so....

3 players brought in to cover the LB position which never needed covering in the first place....and yep, that's primarily what Livermore was brought for, even though Shez has now embarrassingly been forced to use Lomax properly and consistently. As he should've from day one IMO. So getting in 3 players to cover 1 position shows a failing to me. Add to that, O'Donnells hardly a scoop....a player having never made a 1st team. Jurys well and truly out on JJ and Leon. Only bad luck about Robertson causing him to leave....a player I had high hopes for.

Personally though, I would've been securing cheap LB cover for Lomax last summer (or made strides to keep Eddy....as back up) and gone for that 4th top striker to compliment Hughes who would struggle to play all season (I'd suggest Hughes is a Barry Owen/TTA signing that Shez happily agreed to), Davies and Ricketts (massive gamble which didn't work out, hasn't been replaced and by some accounts wasn't a player Shez wanted but was happy to give it a go.)

All in all...I don't fully blame Shez and I can see where he's trying to go in terms of squad building. But some things, esp the LB season has pissed me off all season. Also Taylor being on the left etc. with no LW being brought in. Those are things injuries haven't caused problems over, but been Shez being self-problematic.