Perspective

Afraid so....

3 players brought in to cover the LB position which never needed covering in the first place....and yep, that's primarily what Livermore was brought for, even though Shez has now embarrassingly been forced to use Lomax properly and consistently. As he should've from day one IMO. So getting in 3 players to cover 1 position shows a failing to me. Add to that, O'Donnells hardly a scoop....a player having never made a 1st team. Jurys well and truly out on JJ and Leon. Only bad luck about Robertson causing him to leave....a player I had high hopes for.

Personally though, I would've been securing cheap LB cover for Lomax last summer (or made strides to keep Eddy....as back up) and gone for that 4th top striker to compliment Hughes who would struggle to play all season (I'd suggest Hughes is a Barry Owen/TTA signing that Shez happily agreed to), Davies and Ricketts (massive gamble which didn't work out, hasn't been replaced and by some accounts wasn't a player Shez wanted but was happy to give it a go.)

All in all...I don't fully blame Shez and I can see where he's trying to go in terms of squad building. But some things, esp the LB season has pissed me off all season. Also Taylor being on the left etc. with no LW being brought in. Those are things injuries haven't caused problems over, but been Shez being self-problematic.

pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

i also had high hopes for robertson,was starting to show why shez wanted him.also agree about hughes and ricketts,i think it was others decision to bring them in,one worked one didnt,at the end of the day he is still learning his managerial trade,and most definately needs to learn from the last two seasons,flirting about on the fringes of playoff hopes now has to be harnessed together and taken to the next level,to have a consistant season were the norm isnt win 2 draw 1 lose 2 etc.

the only 2 real concerns i have for next season is a keeper and a goal scorer,the kids have done very well,but experience counts in this league

We have struggled with players this season being injured and out of the team for long periods !

With the squad we have, including the Kids we are doing ok when taking into account the players we are missing ..

We have to look at the set up at the club IMO for next season if we are to get better !

Shez is still learning !!! This is a bit tiring now ! The club needs to restructive its staff, examples being:

Lee Nobes - NOT REPLACED - New Physio not up to the job, didnt like working with Players left after a couple of months !!! We have no perminant Physio at the club but a MASSIVE injury list - How can this happen ??

The club needs to ensure that the man with the magic sponge is the right man for the job. The team this season IMO are not up to the fitness levels of other teams in our league. The crocked list is shocking !

Shez, Dux and Tommy are old school footballs just infront of the training methods employed by Ronnie !

Why are subs not warming up at HT .. why are players getting silly injuries and strains along ?

We need a physio and an assistant in a John Harbin role - a conditioning coach - someone who stays with the players at HT and pre match and helps them warm up !!!

To me Shez doesnt like the idea of having any big named Ex players about the club that take any sunshine from himself .. But with Big Joe out of work and Eyres in a agents capacity at the moment - Why are we not getting these people to sell the club to players available !! Shez doesnt want them to help him maybe ???

With Shez et al all learning the ropes of management together we need an Old head as such in the mix to advise. I admire shez for his stance of living by the sword etc but why wont the bloke allow to be helped !

My wish is the we NEVER employ a playing Legend as the manager again unless he's already learnt his trade has a Manager...

Fans are a fickle bunch and expect the same things and results they achieved as a player !

Lee Nobes - NOT REPLACED - New Physio not up to the job, didnt like working with Players left after a couple of months !!! We have no perminant Physio at the club but a MASSIVE injury list - How can this happen ??

Sorry mate but this is a massive contradiction, Nobes was replaced by the bloke who has just left, you can't beat the club with this stick, what more could they have done? Chained him to the physio room? They appointed the new lad in good faith but then he decided it wasn't for him.

Granted we haven't replaced the new lad but we did replace Nobes.

Sorry mate but this is a massive contradiction, Nobes was replaced by the bloke who has just left, you can't beat the club with this stick, what more could they have done? Chained him to the physio room? They appointed the new lad in good faith but then he decided it wasn't for him.

Granted we haven't replaced the new lad but we did replace Nobes.

Fair do's B_T.. but when I said we didnt replace Lee I mean with his experience... The club went for the best option at the time and read into that what you want !! But someone who is a Physio but with a sports medicine and conditioning background maybe would have been harder to find but would we have the same sort of injury list we have now ?

I know that a few of the players out injured now could have been back already if they had been diagnosed earlier and correctly !

Lee brought things to his job that made him one of the top physios in Football and that why we lost him to Man City .. taking a lad on with little sports specific experience.. from what I understand the lad who left didnt realise the working hours he would have to do ???

Good faith is all you can ask for at interview but in a professional like a physio its all about the energy and experience you can offer.

I know it sounds like I'm beating the club with a stick I dont mean to ! I just hope they learn that important jobs at the club need the right people !

We have been mighty unlucky with the injuries we've had, Shez has done well this year...the fact we're only just off the playoff places with a small, inexperienced squad is when you think about it, rather impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we've got the quality in the team to make the top six, but not the consistency. The more I think about why this is the more I believe it's not Shez's fault...for consistency you need to have in essence at least ten of the first choice eleven playing week in week out. That's what we had last year. This year though, that's been impossible! We've been plagued with injuries and it's been impossible for players to form a proper understanding and rhythm. People talk about a back four needing time to play together and learn eachother's games...well not only have the back four been forcibly changed all year but so have the midfield and forwards.

Edited by jsslatic

Fair do's B_T.. but when I said we didnt replace Lee I mean with his experience... The club went for the best option at the time and read into that what you want !! But someone who is a Physio but with a sports medicine and conditioning background maybe would have been harder to find but would we have the same sort of injury list we have now ?

I know that a few of the players out injured now could have been back already if they had been diagnosed earlier and correctly !

Lee brought things to his job that made him one of the top physios in Football and that why we lost him to Man City .. taking a lad on with little sports specific experience.. from what I understand the lad who left didnt realise the working hours he would have to do ???

Good faith is all you can ask for at interview but in a professional like a physio its all about the energy and experience you can offer.

I know it sounds like I'm beating the club with a stick I dont mean to ! I just hope they learn that important jobs at the club need the right people !

Now that I fully agree with! Hopefully we can get a physio as good as Nobes when we make the next appointment and we can keep our best players on the pitch.

It was clear weeks ago that we needed cover up front. Constantine and Robertson were shocking loan signings, it embarrasses me that our club even looks at players with their limitations.

And Shez is gay. Get him out.

kn-ob

robertson was a good signing,just a shame he got injured.and if im right in thinking there were a lot of people on here asking for constantine before the season begun.

now put the fishing tackle away

kn-ob

robertson was a good signing,just a shame he got injured.and if im right in thinking there were a lot of people on here asking for constantine before the season begun.

Haha....why would he put the fishing tackle away....it just caught a massive, massive bite :wink:

Haha....why would he put the fishing tackle away....it just caught a massive, massive bite :wink:

his job is done then isnt it.

my honest opinion on changing things for next season.....i would promote either dux or philliskirk to assistant manager.....we all know what there capable of,but imo(only my thoughts)wright is unproven.it makes me laugh during games how shez stands there and gives instructions,and cajoles the players,then wright comes hair arseing down the steps barks something then runs back up to sit down.who exactly is in charge,surely a conflab should take place then the order come from the manager???

We've been awful for most of the season in a poor division. Our home performances have been shocking in the main, hence the appalling crowds. Sheridan's team selections, choice of captains, playing players out of position and formations/tactics have been debated on here time and time again so I won't go over it all again, but he has come across as absolutely clueless on many occasions this season.

I do get the impression that the whole club has been allowed to slip towards a very amateurish set-up. The Physio debacle, decreasing fitness levels from the players, short training sessions once a day etc. For twenty quid a throw, people expect and deserve better.

Next season, I expect to see prices cut dramatically to represent the declining product on the pitch.

Unless there is drastic improvement, and Shez and Co start acting like professionals, there has to be change.

We've been awful for most of the season in a poor division. Our home performances have been shocking in the main, hence the appalling crowds. Sheridan's team selections, choice of captains, playing players out of position and formations/tactics have been debated on here time and time again so I won't go over it all again, but he has come across as absolutely clueless on many occasions this season.

I do get the impression that the whole club has been allowed to slip towards a very amateurish set-up. The Physio debacle, decreasing fitness levels from the players, short training sessions once a day etc. For twenty quid a throw, people expect and deserve better.

Next season, I expect to see prices cut dramatically to represent the declining product on the pitch.

Unless there is drastic improvement, and Shez and Co start acting like professionals, there has to be change.

the thing is,and its been said many times before and no doubt will again.

but dowie had the squad totally fit,and beyond.yes he had harbin in alongside him,but his methods were totally different to anything that had gone before,and a couple of players actually came out and said he had prolonged there footballing life.

ye when shez took over as caretaker,everything that had been put in place just evaporated,and we went back to the old style training,and it was visibly noticed on the field of play.

now shez is full time manager he will still be old school,and nothing has changed,so yes,i would like to see the reintroduction of a fitness guru,but sadly i doubt that will happen whilst shez is the boss.

kn-ob

Erm, I was being sarcastic, not fishing

dowie had the squad totally fit,and beyond.yes he had harbin in alongside him,but his methods were totally different to anything that had gone before,and a couple of players actually came out and said he had prolonged there footballing life.

Does that include the enormous numbers of them who were on the long term sick in those days?

Erm, I was being sarcastic, not fishing

Does that include the enormous numbers of them who were on the long term sick in those days?

i know you was being sarcastic

every team gets blighted by injuries of some form.clint hill snapped his ankle after a bad challenge.no doubt you will tell me the others.

but at the time players like eyresy were coming out and saying how fit they and the squad was,and how the training methods were like a breath of fresh air.

starting off with swimming at 7:30am,then onto the training ground to work on there game before going to the gym after,and if players wanted any extra it was there for them.

i would love to see how we train at present,players cant last a full 90 without being knackered. dowie used to have them back on the pitch after games for a warm down,he understood about the bodys abilities better than most.

"dowie used to have them back on the pitch after games for a warm down,he understood about the bodys abilities better than most"

And we won promotion that season didn't we ?

No...but we scored a :censored:load of late, late goals that season and for me, has been the closest we've come to looking like escaping this division.....in one of the most competitive divisions at this level since we've been in it. There's a lot to be said for the training methods he used....but few managers do. Arguably, they were Harbins methods to be fair, but I wouldn't mind hearing about our lads in the pool again at 7.30am!

Dowie didnt do much it was Harbin in all honestley and one of the main reason Dowie as struggled in higher leagues is that the players in the prem etc wouldnt but up with such training regimes !!!

This club needs another Harbin, a fitness conditioner who can help the players pre and post matches get in shape !

We are way down the pecking order in Squad fitness this season, this is not totally Shez's fault we just dont have the staff or players to lead by example !

Eyres at the club would have got them in shape, a great example to the young and older players !!

2 bounces dont make a stretch !!

Robertson injury is a perfect example of an injury caused by not warming up before a match - Same as Thompson today !!!

I just hope the club search and contact the universities around this area and get a 3rd or 4th year Sports Science student to come in and help shez !!!

Sorry problem there.. Shez dosnt like to be helped !

No...but we scored a :censored:load of late, late goals that season and for me, has been the closest we've come to looking like escaping this division.....in one of the most competitive divisions at this level since we've been in it. There's a lot to be said for the training methods he used....but few managers do. Arguably, they were Harbins methods to be fair, but I wouldn't mind hearing about our lads in the pool again at 7.30am!

They would probably get injured in the pool............. or even drown. But no need for a magic sponge.