i know its not an all ticket game and you can buy tickets on the day (at the ticket office)

but i know for sure that this will knock a large percentage of are away following i dont know why but oldham fans tend to think o sod it, if it was pay on the day and you dont have to mess about i think MORE oldham fans would go

does anyone agree on this??? i was talking to my bro about this the other night and he agreed just wondered if anyone else thought the same thing??

ktf oafc

I think he means not taking cash on the turnstile..I agree its a bit of a pain but im gonna be in donny for lunch time so im sure i'll have plenty of chance to get my ticket before the rush

not the only club that do this, correct me if im wrong but (last season anyway) yeovil and forest were the same. cant see why as they have to pay more staff anyway

Guest M_OAFC
i know its not an all ticket game and you can buy tickets on the day (at the ticket office)

but i know for sure that this will knock a large percentage of are away following i dont know why but oldham fans tend to think o sod it, if it was pay on the day and you dont have to mess about i think MORE oldham fans would go

does anyone agree on this??? i was talking to my bro about this the other night and he agreed just wondered if anyone else thought the same thing??

ktf oafc

I agree with you. It may seem like an inconvenience of insignificant proprtions but rightly or wrongly I definitely think it impacts upon attendances. Nobody likes queueing so why make them do it twice?

I'm not sure I buy this money robbing excuse either. All you have to do to prevent that is make sure adults and concessions go through different turnstiles. If you do that then the turnstiles count how many people go through so all the club have to do to work out how many paying customers a turnstile operator has had is subtract the number of ticket stubs he hands in from the total number of people that passed through his turnstile. If his turnstile had 500 people pass through and he hands in 250 ticket stubs and the pay on the day price for his turnstile is £20 then he should be handing in £5,000. How difficult is that? Unless he's printing his own season/match tickets I don't see how he can fiddle it. Okay, he could pretend to have lost a £20 note or counted someone's change wrong or something but it's just as easy for the ticket office staff to do that so you're no better off and how many times a season is he going to get away with that excuse.

At games that pose no real risk of violence or of selling out I don't understand why clubs would want to risk putting the casual fan off by increasing the hassle has to endure to get in the ground. I know people shouldn't be so lazy or whatever but the fact is a lot are.

In fairness it's not much of an effort to buy a ticket then...there's a seperate away TO in the sports centre next to the away turnstile. If anything it's better to do that than stand in the cold and rain queuing to pay on the turnstile.

Massive word of warning to anyone traveling to Donny without a ticket; You can't pay by card at the away ticket office! We went to the FA cup replay and turned up 5 mins late with no cash and had to argue with them for another 10 to get them to ring the main office and put the card details through by phone because they didn't have a chip and pin system. Make sure you take enough cash because I doubt they will have sorted it yet even though it seems like common sense to have this in operation.

I think he means not taking cash on the turnstile..I agree its a bit of a pain but im gonna be in donny for lunch time so im sure i'll have plenty of chance to get my ticket before the rush

If the stadium was run by Rovers, then we would allow cash on the turnstile I reckon. We never had a problem with it, at Hell Vue. Because the stadium is run by an SMC though, they dictate every little thing. For instance we don't run our own ticket office, the SMC acts as a ticket agent for us - and sells our tickets.

When you have a look at your stub on Monday, you'll notice it doesn't have the clubs badge on.

Guest M_OAFC
there's a seperate away TO in the sports centre next to the away turnstile. If anything it's better to do that than stand in the cold and rain queuing to pay on the turnstile.

But you'll have to do that anyway won't you.

I can't see that the time taken to hand over a ticket, have it torn and then have it passed back to you is going to be any faster than handing over a £20 note and being given a pound coin back, so the queue at the turnstiles (if there is one) isn't going to move any faster.

It just means you'll have to queue in a sports hall before you can go and queue again in the cold and rain.

I agree with you about it not being a huge effort but sadly it is enough to put some people off.

But you'll have to do that anyway won't you.

I can't see that the time taken to hand over a ticket, have it torn and then have it passed back to you is going to be any faster than handing over a £20 note and being given a pound coin back, so the queue at the turnstiles (if there is one) isn't going to move any faster.

It just means you'll have to queue in a sports hall before you can go and queue again in the cold and rain.

I agree with you about it not being a huge effort but sadly it is enough to put some people off.

Not many of us were fans of it at first but it does actually work. I remember at Belle Vue you'd queue for 20-30 minutes at the turnstyles to get in when cash was accepted. Now at the KMS this doesn't happen and people get their tickets in advance. You queue for about a minute and go straight through. It's dead quick as you haven't got the problem of people not having the right change and all that kind of stuff. Far easier and it does work.

As has been said the away fans get their ticket at the away end of the ground so avoid the queue for tickets anyway. Having 5500 season tickets helps as less people have to pay on the day. How many you bringing accross? You usually bring a fair number and with it being bank holiday I'd expect a good crowd.

Not many of us were fans of it at first but it does actually work. I remember at Belle Vue you'd queue for 20-30 minutes at the turnstyles to get in when cash was accepted. Now at the KMS this doesn't happen and people get their tickets in advance. You queue for about a minute and go straight through. It's dead quick as you haven't got the problem of people not having the right change and all that kind of stuff. Far easier and it does work.

As has been said the away fans get their ticket at the away end of the ground so avoid the queue for tickets anyway. Having 5500 season tickets helps as less people have to pay on the day. How many you bringing accross? You usually bring a fair number and with it being bank holiday I'd expect a good crowd.

I'd say we'll take a thousand and half but we have very fickle fans so unless we win Saturday against Millwall it could be less. I am predicting a victory for the blue boys as well my Yorkshire friend. How's Wellens doin?