New Zealand vs England

My god....how :censored: is our top order....84-4 at Lunch. Cook, Strauss and Vaughan need to have a good look at themselves. So too KP, but he's actually found some :censored: out there in this innings (finally) and has just passed 50....another long 5 days ahead by the looks of it...

125/5 - Collingwood gone

Edited by boundaryblue80

Thank F*** for Pieterson this is embarrasing

Indeed....170/6....KP knocks out a 4 to take his tally to 102 so far. Well done KP!

EDIT: And what a cracking 4 to follow up a minute or so later....had been tentative until getting to 100 but now he's going to take on a few more shots by the looks of it. Nothing silly though please KP!....unlike the other 6 before you!

PS Just got this funny feeling that Broad's gunna get near a 50 here!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Back in the brown stuff.....thanks for the wonderful, test saving (ok, probably not!) inning KP! Cracking 129....leaves us 208/7.

So...40 mins to go and now into the tail....can we see out the day? Good god...what a mess!

EDIT: 40mins later...good stuff from Broad...240-7 with Broad 42 n.o.....just had the feeling after he began a brilliant day 4 in the 2nd test to pull us out of the :censored:, he'd put in a score today as the rest lost their heads around him (bar KP.) Good stuff....I'd take us getting to 275 or more tomorrow morning just coz I can't see us making it to that score. Think they'll mop us up quickly and cheapily tomorrow. And then over to the bowlers again to help us out!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Back in the brown stuff.....thanks for the wonderful, test saving (ok, probably not!) inning KP! Cracking 129....leaves us 208/7.

So...40 mins to go and now into the tail....can we see out the day? Good god...what a mess!

EDIT: 40mins later...good stuff from Broad...240-7 with Broad 42 n.o.....just had the feeling after he began a brilliant day 4 in the 2nd test to pull us out of the :censored:, he'd put in a score today as the rest lost their heads around him (bar KP.) Good stuff....I'd take us getting to 275 or more tomorrow morning just coz I can't see us making it to that score. Think they'll mop us up quickly and cheapily tomorrow. And then over to the bowlers again to help us out!

Although Vaughan's dismissal was good bowling the Captain has let us down consistently in this series, as for Strauss there is no way he should be on this tour, his contribution has lurched from average to pisspoor since the Ashes 2 1/2 years ago. As for Cook he's a young lad who usually does get a start, needs to start posting some decent scores and Bell is too often hit and miss. I'm not sure what the answer is but Shah would be in my team without doubt and for Vaughan, nothing less but a series win over there and then backed up with two series wins in the Summer can save his job imo. No time for sentiment, Collingwood has to be next Test Captain imo. Mr. Reliable with the bat and probably second only to Ponting in the fielding stakes. Glad KP posted 100+ he needed that. Hopefully Broady will get to 50 and Sidebotton will be defiant. If we get to 260+ it will be an achievement. 4/3 was an embarassment against a distinctly average Kiwi side. Take out Martin and Vettori and there's not a lot else there.

On that pitch 500 is a reasonable first innings score, if the bowlers can get us back into the game then knighthoods beckon. I've not seen a lot of this tour but I'll agree that Vaughan is well past his sell by. His batting had been in decline for a while before we last won the Ashes, and he seems to have filled the gap with arrogance about what a fantastic captain he is.

On that pitch 500 is a reasonable first innings score, if the bowlers can get us back into the game then knighthoods beckon. I've not seen a lot of this tour but I'll agree that Vaughan is well past his sell by. His batting had been in decline for a while before we last won the Ashes, and he seems to have filled the gap with arrogance about what a fantastic captain he is.

Sir Ryan Sidebottom it is then :grin:

Missed last nights stuff (shame coz it looks to have been the best day of the whole tour) but back on track now....even Strauss chipping in well at present (reckon he read your comments Prozac? :wink:)....on 77 not out! Get in a great position now (need at least 400 minimum, 500 prefered IMO) and then bowl them out! Series won.....it's England though.....never that simple! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

So happy Strauss has got a ton he deserves it because he has fought through the dark times

Indeed....shame it's taken the 6th innings of this tour for him....but great knock. And still going....now 136 n.o

And praise for Bell too....nice 110....finally making use of the wicket! Just hope we can get the Kiwis out on it now runs are coming by easily and that they don't manage to bat it out to a draw.

EDIT: Close of play: lead by 501 runs with 5 wickets remaining. Can see us maybe adding on another 50 runs in the morning and then declaring. Box seat.....now over to the bowlers who have previously saved our bacon, can they now knock in the win?

Edited by boundaryblue80

Indeed....shame it's taken the 6th innings of this tour for him....but great knock. And still going....now 136 n.o

And praise for Bell too....nice 110....finally making use of the wicket! Just hope we can get the Kiwis out on it now runs are coming by easily and that they don't manage to bat it out to a draw.

EDIT: Close of play: lead by 501 runs with 5 wickets remaining. Can see us maybe adding on another 50 runs in the morning and then declaring. Box seat.....now over to the bowlers who have previously saved our bacon, can they now knock in the win?

Would've declared myself, although I can see Vaughan's probable point of view, waiting to see if Strauss can get to 200 then doing so. Then 10 overs or before lunch with NZ trying to avoid the loss of Bell or How. Pleased to see Bell get a ton too, so many starts then gives his wicket away cheaply. Fair play to Strauss enjoyed a little good fortune for once and now playing well. Just need Vaughan to find a bit of form, he is consistently average to good at home but when did he last get a century away from home? I think New Zealand will offer some resisitance and I'm expecting a final flurry of runs from Fleming and it may well go to the final day. Hope Jimmy Anderson has a better day than Sunday and we skittle 'em out for 150.

Edited by oafcprozac

All over bar the shouting.....Panesar takes 3 (great to see him take a few) and Broad just takes Sinclair....6 more wickets to go! Be nice to finish this with a day spare!

I was ready for turning it off and going to bed but the quick flurry of wickets has inspired me to stay up, we probably won't win it tonight but the match is won barring freak weather, happy to see monty get in the wickets and as a ot how fit is Flemmings wife.

I was ready for turning it off and going to bed but the quick flurry of wickets has inspired me to stay up, we probably won't win it tonight but the match is won barring freak weather, happy to see monty get in the wickets and as a ot how fit is Flemmings wife.

Missed seeing his missus....must've been on my way home from my local at that point. So....173/5 now....NZ needing 380 to win....and us having at least 45 mins to get the other 5 wickets. If we get another 2, I wonder if we'll be given the extra half hour? Could get them all then.

EDIT: Couldn't take any more....Ross Taylor is a stubborn wicket to get. NZ need 331...we need 5 wickets. Sets it up nicely for the last day....surely we can't blow this? Nah......do them by lunch (or just after) I reckon. Oh and caught a glimpse of Flemmings missus on a replay.....very very tidy! :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

do them by lunch (or just after) I reckon

I was almost spot on but for Southee's cameo performance!

Wow....didn't Southee make the ending fun! At least NZ had something to cheer about.....although I was puzzled as to why Vaughan left Sidebottom out of the attack for as long as he did as Southee smacked Monty and Jimmy around the pitch for his 70-odd.....what a ball for the winner! A peach! And fitting that it was from Mr Sidebottom.....Leeslover is arranging that Knighthood as I type :grin:

Well done England....I think NZ are a bit better than are given credit (with the likes of Taylor and Vettori who can add a few late on and make them stubborn to get) but it was our bowling that kept us well in it and the difference in the sides. And to be fair, great decisions to drop Harmy and Hoggy after the 1st test....gave us the bowlers we needed and warned the batters they'd most likely be next......Quite good fun in the end....a real rollercoaster of a series! Just hope we make a more dominant go at it in the summer!

Edited by boundaryblue80