taken from the other thread on Jarrett...

Crossley yes probably, but Bell that's just plucking youth team goalies names to make a point. C'mon just because O'donnell isn't from our youth team and bell is doesn't automatically mean Bell would've saved it and O'Donnell wouldn't. Badly positioned yes definately, his fault for the goal - well the few seconds the ball left the strikers foot and went past him - yes. BUT the 90+ yards from our own damn corner - not his try the other 4/5 latics players who had a chance to either deliver the ball, get a challenge in or at least hold a player up!!!!!!!!!

not plucking names from anywhere bell has been our second choice keeper however you look at it cant speak for luton so cant comment some say he was at fault others not but a keepr at this level should not make mistakes of this standard and from what i seen i honestly do not believe Bell would have made a gaff like that and is nothing to do with our youth systm or not , basic school boy error so crossley or bell and we would have not even mentioned that incident cause it woudlnt have happend

not plucking names from anywhere bell has been our second choice keeper however you look at it cant speak for luton so cant comment some say he was at fault others not but a keepr at this level should not make mistakes of this standard and from what i seen i honestly do not believe Bell would have made a gaff like that and is nothing to do with our youth systm or not , basic school boy error so crossley or bell and we would have not even mentioned that incident cause it woudlnt have happend

...and breathe.... 94 words... 1 Comma....

Please - how do you know Bell wouldn't have made that mistake, I would dearly love to have seen all this first team experience where he has put in commanding performances.... you speak of 'school boy errors' ... strange really, seeing bell is pretty much a school-boy...

It just astounds me that people think that we have such a magnificent keeper, when Shez clearly states he is not ready for the first team... you claim that you have seen example of this stunning ability - yet his own manager hasn't??

...and besides, you are missing the point, he was bloody injured! O'Donnell was the best we had at that moment... and is a very easy target, when all he is is a kid, thrown in at the deep end.. and did his best....

Scary to think that you are calling for Bell, a keeper his own manager says is not ready, to be thrown into the bear pit... trust me, i have seen young keepers go to pieces far more thna O'Donnell.... I have seen him play 2 games, be utterly left stranded by his defence on many occasions, and make 1 mistake... not bad for a 19 year old making his full league debut...

Haven't seen the goals on TV but at the time I did think the positioning of the keeper was a little off seeing as the ball rolled into the middle of the next (sit right in line with from lower looker). Did he mean to place it there or was it equally a poor shot..... a few people said to me that it was placed into the far corner and the pitch diverted it into the middle of the goal making the keeper looking poor.

At Luton he had no chance with all three goals, the two from open play were very good strikes. He bounced back and did three great saves in the second. To blame one playing for their goal is a little harse ..... were was the defending that allowed them the chance in the first place.

Its not just under Shez that we have struggled with keepers when the first choice is out .......... nature of the game at our level and funds available. If we didn't have some quaility young players coming through the club I think we would be in a religation fight at the moment. May be classed as a happy clapper but, dispite recent results not being good enough to push us into the play-offs, lets be thankfull for the junior structure of the club that seems to be working well and giving us a foundation for the future ... the best I've seen since Uurmston was at BP.

Who knows if Bells ready ... Shez as said this about most of the young lads coming through the last being Lewis. Maybe thats Shez's way of stopping the nerves getting to these young players by saying he is not expecting much from them yet and so they relax and want to prove his assessment wrong.