Sheridan's (SUPPOSED) two-finger salute

Big Deal so Sheridan tells some morons behind him to go forth and mutliply. Not the crime of the century is it.

Suprised he hasn't done it before now.

Good On Him, Move the dug outs round to the NSM a few there need the same treatment.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Who'd be an Oldham player,"

Erm, me. And probably everyone else on this board. More blind Pukka nonsense.

I'd love to see it....maybe then you can tell me what it's like to have a thousand odd people shotuing this, that and everything for 90 minutes for every little mistake....or anything which doesn't resemble Premiership quality football.

I'd love to see it....maybe then you can tell me what it's like to have a thousand odd people shotuing this, that and everything for 90 minutes for every little mistake....or anything which doesn't resemble Premiership quality football.

But for alot of this season we have produced football that barely resembles league 1 quality.

But for alot of this season we have produced football that barely resembles league 1 quality.

"League One football"

I think that is exactly what we have produced this season . That why we are still in this division and still will be next year.

Edited by AMO

tbh, i used to sit right next to the managers near the tunnel and it's a common occurance for the management staff to have a go back. ritchie had a right do with the lad i sat next to a few times. it got so bad on one occasion the the club sent a letter (from Alan Hardy) stating that if he swore again at ritchie they wouldn't renew his season ticket at the end of the season. it kept him quite for a few games. ha ha.

I think thats where the problem lies, there is so much good football on the TV people lose touch with reality, people are turning up and expecting premiership football because thats what they are bombarded with all week. This season may not have been the promotion push we have all expected and i am as dissapointed with that as the next person but there is a massive over reaction to how bad we are actually doing. The majority of the game today was played with 6 or 7 midfielders on the pitch not an ideal situation. But with some of the abuse being hurled at the team and players todayyou would have thought we had our full 1st 11 out there.

Big Deal so Sheridan tells some morons behind him to go forth and mutliply. Not the crime of the century is it.

Suprised he hasn't done it before now.

Good On Him, Move the dug outs round to the NSM a few there need the same treatment.

Except when Moore told some fans to f-off people nothing but complain about it and were demanding that he be kicked out and that was when we were still in with a great chance of him getting us promoted. Cant have one rule for one and one for another. He should fined or made to apologise, the abuse that some people direct towards him and the players i don't really agree with (tho i don't think there is anything wrong with the odd boo or negative comment here or there when things are really bad) but players and managers get fairly well paid and are representing the club an to turn round and stick 2 fingers up to the fans is unacceptable (i have no problem with Shez turning round and saying stuff like 'if you think you can do better come down here then' which he does quite often) and unprofessional, you would never see the likes of Wenger/Fergie doing that. If i did that to my customers at work i would be sacked in an instant.

Thats if he did it of course, i didnt see him do it

I think thats where the problem lies, there is so much good football on the TV people lose touch with reality, people are turning up and expecting premiership football because thats what they are bombarded with all week. This season may not have been the promotion push we have all expected and i am as dissapointed with that as the next person but there is a massive over reaction to how bad we are actually doing. The majority of the game today was played with 6 or 7 midfielders on the pitch not an ideal situation. But with some of the abuse being hurled at the team and players todayyou would have thought we had our full 1st 11 out there.

Not to mention the fact that we were treated to some fantastic passing football during the first half of last season. Unfortunately, Shez hasn't managed recreate that this time around - only he really knows whether that's by design, but I doubt it.

Except when Moore told some fans to f-off people nothing but complain about it and were demanding that he be kicked out and that was when we were still in with a great chance of him getting us promoted. Cant have one rule for one and one for another. He should fined or made to apologise, the abuse that some people direct towards him and the players i don't really agree with (tho i don't think there is anything wrong with the odd boo or negative comment here or there when things are really bad) but players and managers get fairly well paid and are representing the club an to turn round and stick 2 fingers up to the fans is unacceptable (i have no problem with Shez turning round and saying stuff like 'if you think you can do better come down here then' which he does quite often) and unprofessional, you would never see the likes of Wenger/Fergie doing that. If i did that to my customers at work i would be sacked in an instant.

Thats if he did it of course, i didnt see him do it

If people are prepared to give it then they have got to be prepared to take it as well. Not give it and then start moaning.

Like I have said, So what if Shez, Moore & Ritchie told someone to f-off. Not a big deal is it, these people should think about that before they start to give it out.

Not to mention the fact that we were treated to some fantastic passing football during the first half of last season. Unfortunately, Shez hasn't managed recreate that this time around - only he really knows whether that's by design, but I doubt it.

People have short memories.

I remember Dean Holden going something similar to our fans after a game and it didn't do him any favours at all!

From what I've read on here it sounds like Shez lost the plot big time today, just like he did at the end of last season as well. Doesn't sound good to me at all. A manager who has had a lot of pressure on his shoulders and has finally let rip.

If people are prepared to give it then they have got to be prepared to take it as well. Not give it and then start moaning.

Like I have said, So what if Shez, Moore & Ritchie told someone to f-off. Not a big deal is it, these people should think about that before they start to give it out.

Except they are people being paid to represent the club, it's their job. There not equals in town on a saturday night or something, Shez/Moore or whoever are there representing the club and so do so without resorting to petty arguments with the fans. I agree that people who give it out should be able to take it, the point is they should'nt have to as the manager should be able to conduct himself in a professional manor.

Except they are people being paid to represent the club, it's their job. There not equals in town on a saturday night or something, Shez/Moore or whoever are there representing the club and so do so without resorting to petty arguments with the fans. I agree that people who give it out should be able to take it, the point is they should'nt have to as the manager should be able to conduct himself in a professional manor.

They should also be able to undertake their jobs without the abuse that these small minded morons throw at them. They are no different to anybody else doing a job, and as far as I am concerned they are equals in the pub.

Fair enough we have done well considering the injury list

But the players we have out there should be able to do the job. Sheridan has got so many things wrong this season

Eardly captain

Taylor on the left

No creative midfielder to replace Killkenny

No left sided player

Signing a inexperienced keeper

Injuries, surely all these injuries can't be coincidence

The football has been dire to watch this season and the attendances are dropping rapidly. Sheridan's transfer market activity leaves much to be desired, the incident with Jarrett today shows that he cant manage his players right. We played a very poor Milwall team today but only started playing in the last 20 minutes. We know we can play good football but Sheridan can't seem to get them playing consistently.

We have a good squad as it is, a lot of young players showing great potential. Next season could be great with the additions of a creative midfielder and left footed midfielder and maybe a left sided full back. But can't help thinking that we will just be let down again.

Not sure if I want Sheridan out but I don't think we are improving and I don't see us improving in the near future. If we have the ambition to get into the championship then it really needs considering, as we all want the best option for the club. Weigh up the situation rather than try to shout people down because they have a different opinion to your own.

Edited by cmr

Fair enough we have done well considering the injury list

But the players we have out there should be able to do the job. Sheridan has got so many things wrong this season

Eardly captain

Taylor on the left

No creative midfielder to replace Killkenny

No left sided player

Signing a inexperienced keeper

Injuries, surely all these injuries can't be coincidence

The football has been dire to watch this season and the attendances are dropping rapidly. Sheridan's transfer market activity leaves much to be desired, the incident with Jarrett today shows that he cant manage his players right. We played a very poor Milwall team today but only started playing in the last 20 minutes. We know we can play good football but Sheridan can't seem to get them playing consistently.

We have a good squad as it is, a lot of young players showing great potential. Next season could be great with the additions of a creative midfielder and left footed midfielder and maybe a left sided full back. But can't help thinking that we will just be let down again.

Not sure if I want Sheridan out but I don't think we are improving and I don't see us improving in the near future. If we have the ambition to get into the championship then it really needs considering, as we all want the best option for the club. Weigh up the situation rather than try to shout people down because they have a different opinion to your own.

at the end of the day no matter how infuriated and frustrated he gets on the touchline.....he just shouldnt react like like,and especially to the home crowd.

we have low attendances and a core of hard core season ticket holders.allientate those and it will cost him his job. you just dont do it,end of.

it proves he hasnt learnt anything from last season,except how much we are missing a quality physio to get his players fit.

he has till end of next season for me,if he carries on with his ignorance and arrogance,it may be sooner.

Who's shouting who down, I don't and never have shouted anybody down for having a differing opinion than my own. Football is a game about opinions which makes it so interesting.

They should also be able to undertake their jobs without the abuse that these small minded morons throw at them. They are no different to anybody else doing a job, and as far as I am concerned they are equals in the pub.

So when they accept the job they don't think people are going to shout and moan when things go wrong? Thats football im afraid and Sheridan is experienced enough to know that. I get abuse from our customers at work all the time, and i knew i would end up getting some when i took my job, but i manage to keep my emotions under control. Sheridan has done that for most of the season but today it would seem his frustration got the better of him. I'm sure if we win at Doncaster and the fans are singing his name he will be back to waving to the fans and not flashing them the v's

Well i think that this season has been a step backwards, it's only because Sheridan has a good relationship with the fans that we've put up with it so long. Ok we can make excuses about injuries but it's the same for every club, he does'nt do himself any favours playing players out of position week in week out. Yes i'll be renewing my season ticket but more out of routine than expectations for next season. Should he go ? well i'm tempted to say yes but i think he deserves to be given till christmas and if things don't improve well bye bye shez.

Well i think that this season has been a step backwards, it's only because Sheridan has a good relationship with the fans that we've put up with it so long. Ok we can make excuses about injuries but it's the same for every club, he does'nt do himself any favours playing players out of position week in week out. Yes i'll be renewing my season ticket but more out of routine than expectations for next season. Should he go ? well i'm tempted to say yes but i think he deserves to be given till christmas and if things don't improve well bye bye shez.

Edited by AMO

Alot of our fans deserve two fingers. constant moaning with no appreciation of our finances and our truely horrendous injury list.

Millwall were unbelievebly poor and in the last 20mins we could very easily have won. If we played like that for 90mins we would have burried them and that is our main problem. we have got to start playing from the 1st minute but I think you only really get that when you don't have a team full of loanees and kids due to the savage injury list.

As for Shez out, what a load of garbage. No team does well sacking managers every 2 years. It does not work. we sacked Moore becuase of the constant abuse of the players by our "fans" and now look where he is with Tranmere.

the worst thing about OAFC is the fans who like nothing more than to get on players backs from the whistle. BP is like a graveyard at kick off and then goes downhill if someone makes a mistake. I am convinced if the crowd got behind the team from the whistle then the crowd would be happier with what happens on the pitch

Am with you on this - reality check needed

Agreed

We've put up with what exactly?? A trip to the play offs in a season where we punched above our weight and a season where though it looks like we will miss out, we are there or there abouts despite a crippling injury list and poor crowds. Now is the time to back not sack