Sheridan's (SUPPOSED) two-finger salute

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: good on him

explain why the figurehead of a team should react in a way like that to some abuse for what they believe is him not doing his job right.....

its unacceptable,and under no circumstance should it ever happen and be justified.

if your boss at work critiscised your lack of effort in doing your job and you flicked the v's at him/her you would be disciplined,written warning at the very least,maybe even suspension or sacked for gross misconduct....

and as for tta's threatening to walk if season ticket sales are slow.....thtas out of order too,and emotional blackmail.

explain why the figurehead of a team should react in a way like that to some abuse for what they believe is him not doing his job right.....

its unacceptable,and under no circumstance should it ever happen and be justified.

if your boss at work critiscised your lack of effort in doing your job and you flicked the v's at him/her you would be disciplined,written warning at the very least,maybe even suspension or sacked for gross misconduct....

and as for tta's threatening to walk if season ticket sales are slow.....thtas out of order too,and emotional blackmail.

Are you KyleOafc's love child?

The football has been dire to watch this season and the attendances are dropping rapidly.

Falling more alarmingly than even in the darkest days of the early years in this division.

And faster than under Ronnie. The idea that replacing him with Sheridan was a way of reversing this process was naive in the extreme. Only with discernible progress on the pitch could this happen but all we've really witnessed is the same old inconsistency that has left us bogged down in this divison with no prospect of geting out of it. Then again, this club is one that has always been run in a very naive manner.

What we are actually witnessing is the drawn out death of professional football at this level, with our club, due to the loss of faith that the past dozen or so years has brought about, being a particularly acute example of the crisis the greed at the top has created.

It was widely predicted years ago.

Are you KyleOafc's love child?

whys that then........because i have dared to critiscise tta's????

if they come out with a statement that reads"we really are dissapointed with the fickle public of oldham,they have once again decided to vote with there feet and not renew season tickets,which means the club wont have as much cash and may ultimately mean we would have to consider our position as owners" then what there really doing is tugging at peoples heart strings with a vieled threat of buy a ticket or else......thats called emotional blackmail.

whys that then........because i have dared to critiscise tta's????

if they come out with a statement that reads"we really are dissapointed with the fickle public of oldham,they have once again decided to vote with there feet and not renew season tickets,which means the club wont have as much cash and may ultimately mean we would have to consider our position as owners" then what there really doing is tugging at peoples heart strings with a vieled threat of buy a ticket or else......thats called emotional blackmail.

You can call it what you like. Others will call it financial and business reality.

And let me ask you the same question I put to Kyle. Are you going to the Supporters Assn Q & A evening to put your points to Simon Corney and others from the club?

Edited by LaticsPete

Falling more alarmingly than even in the darkest days of the early years in this division.

And faster than under Ronnie. The idea that replacing him with Sheridan was a way of reversing this process was naive in the extreme. Only with discernible progress on the pitch could this happen but all we've really witnessed is the same old inconsistency that has left us bogged down in this divison with no prospect of geting out of it. Then again, this club is one that has always been run in a very naive manner.

What we are actually witnessing is the drawn out death of professional football at this level, with our club, due to the loss of faith that the past dozen or so years has brought about, being a particularly acute example of the crisis the greed at the top has created.

It was widely predicted years ago.

Never fear corpral! Your favourite topic - i.e. the greed of our owners - and their flamoyant desire to build 700 flats to line their pockets, whilst having the terrible by-product of securing the future of our club will come to our rescue! and then, hark, the fans will return, wih the glorious revenues the new ground brings we will assemble a squad to terrify the lower leagues! Mwahaaaaaaa, Mwahhhaaaaa! (Dr Evil laugh fades out...)

... sorry ... back on topic... cant be bothered rehashing the Shez has worked wonders with the injuries thoughts - but it is all true... the bottom line is that we are better prepared for an assault on promotion next season than we have been since Dowie... if our team stays together, and the kids develop as promised, and we add 1 or 2 decent squad players in the summer... and the injury plague stays away... (If If.. yes I know!) then we truly should be a formidable force in this division....

I have said it for a long time - next season is Shez's watertest... if he balls' it up again then both the TTA and the fans will see him hounded off to a backroom post at the wendies quicker than you can say 'hoof' ..... as for the season ticket sales... its worrying, however, at least in theory we dont have to assemble a new squad as most are on 2 year contracts... and to be honest, with the stadium on its way it doesnt affect the long term picture too much...

... as long as shez doesn't balls it up again... he has until christmas before the full lynch mob and pitchforks come out....

Ive lost all respect for people like you. Disagreed with your opinion alot over the years but the way you are spouting utter dross on a daily basis is unbelviable. 90% of your opinions are based upon over peoples hearsay and the rest is based on lies and you are not the only one.

Women sat next to me today started shouting "You dont know what you doing to shez when he took off Jarret and put on wolfy. 30 seconds later....GOAL! Clearly didnt know what he was doing. Only an idiot would suggest Wolfy didnt change the pace of the game and gave the Jarrett the extra room to slot it home. But then again highly intelligent people such are youself, with all those years of sitting on your arse in the stands watching football vs shez "beent here and done it" will clearly point out shez was wrong not to start him.....proabably anyway.....you lot always have some sort of spin up your arse....

YOU "fans" got Ronnie sacked and we end up with Shez. The same "masterminds", people like yourself, now think the TTA and Shez are a disgrace and should go. Tut tut....I wish you would go....

No doubt both will walk in the summer and you can be happy that your club is back to a dieing club with no ambition or hope....then maybe you will be happy ??

Edited by oafc0000

I've not read the whole thread, however back on topic of the thread header..if Sheridan did indeed raise two fingers to the supporters then he needs reprimanding and warning to his future conduct. I didn't go Saturday due to work commitments however I've been told by quite a few we played absolute :censored: again, the likes of which I've witnessed to many times this season myself. Sheridan ought to address the product not his dissenters and realise the fayre dished up at times is in danger of sending this club to the lower division, maybe not this coming season but the next after if the crowds hit 3500 per game! The buck as always stopped with the gaffer and always quite rightly will. For me Sheridan as till the end of next season to show signs of improvement, however if it doesn't my prediction will be that the club will indeed need to drop a division on the crowds alone. Like he says he wants to go far in the game and hopefully take this club where it can get, so lets see the action next season John boy!!

I've not read the whole thread, however back on topic of the thread header..if Sheridan did indeed raise two fingers to the supporters then he needs reprimanding and warning to his future conduct. I didn't go Saturday due to work commitments however I've been told by quite a few we played absolute :censored: again, the likes of which I've witnessed to many times this season myself. Sheridan ought to address the product not his dissenters and realise the fayre dished up at times is in danger of sending this club to the lower division, maybe not this coming season but the next after if the crowds hit 3500 per game! The buck as always stopped with the gaffer and always quite rightly will. For me Sheridan as till the end of next season to show signs of improvement, however if it doesn't my prediction will be that the club will indeed need to drop a division on the crowds alone. Like he says he wants to go far in the game and hopefully take this club where it can get, so lets see the action next season John boy!!

Does anyone think the players on the pitch were capable of a better performance ? I think thats a valid question! We are down to the bottom of the barrell and we managed a draw. While I totally I agree it was a horrible day I think Shez did his job and got a good point. I think its unfair to keep attacking shez for these performances when in reality I dont think any manger in the country could get more out of these kids.

You can call it what you like. Others will call it financial and business reality.

And let me ask you the same question I put to Kyle. Are you going to the Supporters Assn Q & A evening to put your points to Simon Corney and others from the club?

Pete why ask people that? .

When I replied yes to your question and explained things in an adult fashion and said I would meet you to discuss things you never replied with anything else worthy of discussion.

You just disagree and try and belittle people for having their say or sharing their opinion, which may differ from yours.

You're not the only one on here who has forgotten the meaning of the word forum.

A forum is where people air their views, they may not be the same as the majority or indeed be correct but to condemn somebody for having an opinion or a different view is wrong and there's nobody on here with the right to do just that.

Remember where you are, if you don't like individuality you can always type your opinions in a blank word document and reply to yourself reading what you want to read and replying in agreement.

Pete why ask people that? .

When I replied yes to your question and explained things in an adult fashion and said I would meet you to discuss things you never replied with anything else worthy of discussion.

You just disagree and try and belittle people for having their say or sharing their opinion, which may differ from yours.

You're not the only one on here who has forgotten the meaning of the word forum.

A forum is where people air their views, they may not be the same as the majority or indeed be correct but to condemn somebody for having an opinion or a different view is wrong and there's nobody on here with the right to do just that.

Remember where you are, if you don't like individuality you can always type your opinions in a blank word document and reply to yourself reading what you want to read and replying in agreement.

It was a valid question.....

And therein lies the problem with some of the posters on here and the way this board runs.

5 pages of posts about "sheridan's 2 finger salute", with only a signle witness who saw a 2 finger salute. Very few qualified it with "if it's true", very few said "I'd be surprised that he'd do that after what happened with RM".

But buried on page 4 are 4 other people who saw a gesture, but all 4 say it wasn't 2 fingers, it was a "yakkity yak" hand gesture.

Still, enough people have used guernica's post to call for shez to be sacked. Pehaps they'd all like to re-post withdrawing their comments in light of 4 people saying that it's all been made up, given that 4 vs 1 suggest that it wasn't the "v's"??

Perhaps people also need to consider that some people see what they want to see, not what actually happens?

And therein lies the problem with some of the posters on here and the way this board runs.

5 pages of posts about "sheridan's 2 finger salute", with only a signle witness who saw a 2 finger salute. Very few qualified it with "if it's true", very few said "I'd be surprised that he'd do that after what happened with RM".

But buried on page 4 are 4 other people who saw a gesture, but all 4 say it wasn't 2 fingers, it was a "yakkity yak" hand gesture.

Still, enough people have used guernica's post to call for shez to be sacked. Pehaps they'd all like to re-post withdrawing their comments in light of 4 people saying that it's all been made up, given that 4 vs 1 suggest that it wasn't the "v's"??

Perhaps people also need to consider that some people see what they want to see, not what actually happens?

:applause1:

And then there are people who think that Shez was right to flick the v's. So, if it turns out that he didn't, is he wrong to have not flicked the v's? Personally, I think that if he didn't flick the v's he should go. Shez out. :angry:

Does anyone think the players on the pitch were capable of a better performance ? I think thats a valid question! We are down to the bottom of the barrell and we managed a draw. While I totally I agree it was a horrible day I think Shez did his job and got a good point. I think its unfair to keep attacking shez for these performances when in reality I dont think any manger in the country could get more out of these kids.

Of course they are;

Keeper - I'll give you that one

Lomax - he's not a reserve team player anymore

Stam - experienced

Thompson - experienced

Eardley - an international footballer

McDonald - experinced

Allot - experienced

Livermore - experienced CHAMPIONSHIP footballer

Taylor - Not a kid anymore

Smalley - played alot of football this season

Leon - proven and a experienced goalscorer

Jarrett - experienced CHAMPIONSHIP footballer

Yesterday wasn't a team full of kids and crooks, only the keeper could be counted as being an inexperienced kid.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

I am not a Sheridan out man but if he did that then I think its disgusting, the performance till the first goal was awful so I don't think he can say that criticism wasn't deserved from the people who have come out in freezing cold weather to help pay his wages. We were just lucky that Millwall are as equally :censored: or we would have been stuffed anyway I am off to look who Sheffield Wednesday have in their reserves to see who we are signing next season and my man of the match today John Thompson.

[/quote

I sat in the lower main stand for the Millwall match and when we equalized Shez turned round & mouthed several swear words to a fan or fans in the left side of the Main Stand. The fan had earlier made a comment about Shez's decision to take JArrett off & that was Shez's educated response.

Shez's response was completely unacceptable and whilst he may make excuses about "this and that" then Shez should know by now, fans can voice an opinion if they so wish.

I think for Shez's attitude to improve, an official complaint from whichever fan he directed his swearing at should be made.

I sat in the lower main stand for the Millwall match and when we equalized Shez turned round & mouthed several swear words to a fan or fans in the left side of the Main Stand. The fan had earlier made a comment about Shez's decision to take JArrett off & that was Shez's educated response.

Shez's response was completely unacceptable and whilst he may make excuses about "this and that" then Shez should know by now, fans can voice an opinion if they so wish.

I think for Shez's attitude to improve, an official complaint from whichever fan he directed his swearing at should be made.

So, was the original comment by the fan articulate and swear-word free then?

So what exactly did each of them say? From your post it doesn't seem like you heard either?