Sheridan's (SUPPOSED) two-finger salute

So what exactly did each of them say? From your post it doesn't seem like you heard either?

I can't remember what each said to the other word for word (as like many Latics fans last night I drowned my sorrows with too many bevvies).

I did hear both parties. BAsically, the fan wasn't articulate & swore at Shez for his decision to sub JArrett.

(

Shez waited until the celebration of our equalizer before replying to the same area of the stand with "you know f*** all about football".

My observations thats all "real". So even if I didn't quote Shez correctly word for word it still doesn't condone his so-called professionalism in my opinion.

Or does it???

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts of Shez out because he swore at fans are petty, how much grief has Shez and certain players taken at B.P this season, they have been constantly sworn at by some grumpy b......ds who expect to be watching premiership quality football week in and week out. REALITY check, we are an average 3rd tier football team at the moment, we have the potential with the youngsters in the squad of becoming a good side with the possibility of promotion next season. Shez is bound to be p..sed off at the moment due to all the injuries and bad look we have had, if he did swear at fans yesterday it was probably just a release of built up frustration.

And therein lies the problem with some of the posters on here and the way this board runs.

Bingo. I was waiting for that one. Leave the posters and the board to their/it's own devices and we still get slagged off.

I'm getting fed up with it all to be honest, I can well do without all this.

Bingo. I was waiting for that one. Leave the posters and the board to their/it's own devices and we still get slagged off.

Ignore it Rummy, if people dont like the way the board is run then sod off somewhere else or start your own board

Don't rise to em Rummy. Things are good on here.

Yesterday was my first game at Boundary Park this season and I was staggered by the

moribund atmosphere surrounding the whole place.

The crowd were morose from before the kick-off and as the first half progressed which was

admittedly poor the general atmosphere degenerated into an air of unbelievable negativity and

by half time it felt like the grim reaper was ready to salvage some suicidal souls!

I worry a little as it seems to be a bit of a vicious circle. The standard of football doesn't lift the

crowd and the crowd doesn't lift the spirits of the players when the standard of the football is poor.

Yesterday was my first game at Boundary Park this season and I was staggered by the

The crowd were morose from before the kick-off and as the first half progressed which was

admittedly poor the general atmosphere degenerated into an air of unbelievable negativity and

by half time it felt like the grim reaper was ready to salvage some suicidal souls!

I worry a little as it seems to be a bit of a vicious circle. The standard of football doesn't lift the

crowd and the crowd doesn't lift the spirits of the players when the standard of the football is poor.

It's been like that all season at home, I worry too.

Why is that do you think AMO?

Are our expectations too high after last season or are we all so starved of

success that we are finally losing patience?

I must admit, I've never felt an atmosphere like that at Boundary Park before.

Peoples expectations where raised by some of the comments coming out of the club at the start of the season which hasn't helped.

The soon the NSM comes down and the new ground is done the better, hopefully it will then start to improve but until then I can't see much hope.

Jeez don't be so paranoid. I said somthing about the way the board runs not the way it is run. I.e the way posters follow each other down a path without qustioning the validity of what people are posting.

And then it runs on for page after page....

And look what happened after your post? A load of replies telling you to ignore my "criticism" but none bothered to actually read what I had put. They just carried on, assuming that your Reading of it was the right one.

Though shalt think for yourselves? A bit too hard for some on here perhaps?

Edited by real

A bit similar to what happened with Moore and Ricketts and many other numerous scapegoats that messageboards (JK, ISZ, here, there, wherever) allow those with agendas to peddle....and impossible to can the worm once the lid is off.....some people still rehash stuff about Taylor being headbutted if Ricketts is mentioned. This V salute is another one of many lies that will happen before our fans probably oust another manager before giving him the time to take us forward.

I was thinking of getting another cat to replace the one Eardley ate, but think I won't bother....Shez might be lurking and looking hungry!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Ive lost all respect for people like you. Disagreed with your opinion alot over the years but the way you are spouting utter dross on a daily basis is unbelviable. 90% of your opinions are based upon over peoples hearsay and the rest is based on lies and you are not the only one.

Women sat next to me today started shouting "You dont know what you doing to shez when he took off Jarret and put on wolfy. 30 seconds later....GOAL! Clearly didnt know what he was doing. Only an idiot would suggest Wolfy didnt change the pace of the game and gave the Jarrett the extra room to slot it home. But then again highly intelligent people such are youself, with all those years of sitting on your arse in the stands watching football vs shez "beent here and done it" will clearly point out shez was wrong not to start him.....proabably anyway.....you lot always have some sort of spin up your arse....

YOU "fans" got Ronnie sacked and we end up with Shez. The same "masterminds", people like yourself, now think the TTA and Shez are a disgrace and should go. Tut tut....I wish you would go....

No doubt both will walk in the summer and you can be happy that your club is back to a dieing club with no ambition or hope....then maybe you will be happy ??

dont worry about it,i lost all respect for you about 3 years ago,when i offered to sit down with you over a friendly pint,but you bottled it and kept on with the same excuse that the clayton arms was cack. then continually moaned and whinged about everything i posted and turned things into a personal dispute.

you will eventually realise that one day yours isnt the only opinion that matters,and just because people dont all fall in line behind your theorys doesnt make them less of a person.

this post is about sheridan alledgedly sticking two fingers up at the supporters,i would of thought that by now,if this was infact true,there would of been some form of statement from within the club,seeing as there hasnt been its safe to assume that the said incident didnt happen,and was just something that somebody thought they saw happen,in the heat of the moment.

the point i was trying to make,was that just because your a football manager doesnt mean you can get away with that sort of thing,if you get critiscised by basically the people that contribute to his wages.

and that if it was in fact you or i that did the very same thing at work,we would get disciplined for it.and rightly so.

so now your spouting off again about something totally different and not along the lines of this thread.

i didnt get ronnie sacked,in fact i didnt want him sacking,as im pretty sure,that given the oppertunity and the same amount of funds that shez got,he would have bettered his previous seasons position.but thats one we will never know about is it.

as for thinking out owners are a disgrace....totally untrue,i think given the situation we was in,and where we find ourself today,its been a success,and once the stadium is fully rebuilt things will start to look up for us more financial wise.

i wont be suprised however if in another 5 years and the stadium finished they sell up,and move onto other things,at the end of the day they are buisness men,and they will get back every penny they have sunk into our club,and then some.

i didnt get ronnie sacked,in fact i didnt want him sacking,as im pretty sure,that given the oppertunity and the same amount of funds that shez got,he would have bettered his previous seasons position.but thats one we will never know about is it.

I remember you calling for his head....

Edited by oafc0000

dont worry about it,i lost all respect for you about 3 years ago,when i offered to sit down with you over a friendly pint,but you bottled it and kept on with the same excuse that the clayton arms was cack. then continually moaned and whinged about everything i posted and turned things into a personal dispute.

Its nothing about bottling it.... It about not wanting to meet you :) becuase I dont like you....sorry if the truth hurts :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

as for thinking out owners are a disgrace....totally untrue,i think given the situation we was in,and where we find ourself today,its been a success,and once the stadium is fully rebuilt things will start to look up for us more financial wise.

So why do you take every oppotunity to tell us when the TTA's are a disgrace or how there possible reaction may well be wrong ?? You only have to look on page 5 of this thread to find an example.

Your very good at having snide little digs at the manager and TTA's....and then running off and hinding.... Like you did on the sqaud size thread after I made you look silly :lol:

WE ARE BY FAR THE LONGEST SERVING SIDE IN THIS DIVISION NOW,PERHAPS THAT EXPLAINS THE GENERAL MALLAISE ABOUT THE PLACE?

And therein lies the problem with some of the posters on here and the way this board runs.

5 pages of posts about "sheridan's 2 finger salute", with only a signle witness who saw a 2 finger salute. Very few qualified it with "if it's true", very few said "I'd be surprised that he'd do that after what happened with RM".

But buried on page 4 are 4 other people who saw a gesture, but all 4 say it wasn't 2 fingers, it was a "yakkity yak" hand gesture.

Still, enough people have used guernica's post to call for shez to be sacked. Pehaps they'd all like to re-post withdrawing their comments in light of 4 people saying that it's all been made up, given that 4 vs 1 suggest that it wasn't the "v's"??

Perhaps people also need to consider that some people see what they want to see, not what actually happens?

Spot on Real.

Guernicock has got exactly what he wanted.

The thing is for all you who don't know about Guernica is that he's been slagging Sheridan off since the day he got the job, before a ball had been kicked in anger! He did this regularly on JKL, at the start of last season he was demanding Shez was sacked, then we hit that purple patch and he disappeared back under his rock, until it started to go wrong again and we lost in the play offs.

Anyhow I believe old Guernica is a journalist by profession so telling half truths and making stuff up will be standard fare for him methinks.

Anything he says given his track record of anti Shezness can be treated with the contempt he deserves, period.

Oh and whilst I'm here, anybody who thinks that the number of injuries we have isn't or can't be an excuse for the lack of form is quite obviously bonkers. I've been doing a lot of work with an Arsenal fan and as folks do he's taken to looking at how we're doing, likewise I've taken to doing the same with Arsenal. Looking at some peoples comments about how the injury list isn't an excuse he has actually been gobsmacked by it. Gobsmacked as in if Arsenal had the same proportion of first teamers out Wenger would be struggling. Still as I advised him we're a small club, in old money the third division, so it shouldn't be affecting us in any way shape or form. The rules set down by the gods of football don't apply at BP, well to some they don't and you know who you are. You're the ones who don't inhabit planet earth.

TTFN

Spot on Real.

Guernicock has got exactly what he wanted.

The thing is for all you who don't know about Guernica is that he's been slagging Sheridan off since the day he got the job, before a ball had been kicked in anger! He did this regularly on JKL, at the start of last season he was demanding Shez was sacked, then we hit that purple patch and he disappeared back under his rock, until it started to go wrong again and we lost in the play offs.

Anyhow I believe old Guernica is a journalist by profession so telling half truths and making stuff up will be standard fare for him methinks.

Anything he says given his track record of anti Shezness can be treated with the contempt he deserves, period.

Oh and whilst I'm here, anybody who thinks that the number of injuries we have isn't or can't be an excuse for the lack of form is quite obviously bonkers. I've been doing a lot of work with an Arsenal fan and as folks do he's taken to looking at how we're doing, likewise I've taken to doing the same with Arsenal. Looking at some peoples comments about how the injury list isn't an excuse he has actually been gobsmacked by it. Gobsmacked as in if Arsenal had the same proportion of first teamers out Wenger would be struggling. Still as I advised him we're a small club, in old money the third division, so it shouldn't be affecting us in any way shape or form. The rules set down by the gods of football don't apply at BP, well to some they don't and you know who you are. You're the ones who don't inhabit planet earth.

TTFN

Two excellent posts (yours and reals). I well remember Guernicas comments.

I have almost thoght he should change his name to Sniper rather than the carpet bombing he is named after if he is to retain the military analogy, much more suitable name describing his M. O.

... sorry ... back on topic... cant be bothered rehashing the Shez has worked wonders with the injuries thoughts - but it is all true... the bottom line is that we are better prepared for an assault on promotion next season than we have been since Dowie... if our team stays together, and the kids develop as promised, and we add 1 or 2 decent squad players in the summer... and the injury plague stays away... (If If.. yes I know!) then we truly should be a formidable force in this division....

Definitely agree.

For the first time in years we will have our two main firing strikers staying at the club, and Hughes should be fit and raring to go from the start. For the first time we aren't really in danger of losing anyone, perhaps Eardley if a club decide to come and get him, but who else is out of contract who wouldn't re-sign? Every season we've always had players leave who we want to stay, either they've been in demand by a bigger team or walked for better wages, who would leave for a better club? If a player leaves at the end of the season it will be because the club won't want to keep him. I'd think we'll retain most of our squad, send the loanees back, but I think the jury is still out on Livermore. We need to sign some more players obviously, but the fact that we won't be losing many (if any) players is a big plus. Two firing strikers from the start is a massive advantage. I am extremely optimistic for next season.

Never fear corpral! Your favourite topic - i.e. the greed of our owners - and their flamoyant desire to build 700 flats to line their pockets, whilst having the terrible by-product of securing the future of our club will come to our rescue! and then, hark, the fans will return, wih the glorious revenues the new ground brings we will assemble a squad to terrify the lower leagues! Mwahaaaaaaa, Mwahhhaaaaa! (Dr Evil laugh fades out...)

... sorry ... back on topic... cant be bothered rehashing the Shez has worked wonders with the injuries thoughts - but it is all true... the bottom line is that we are better prepared for an assault on promotion next season than we have been since Dowie... if our team stays together, and the kids develop as promised, and we add 1 or 2 decent squad players in the summer... and the injury plague stays away... (If If.. yes I know!) then we truly should be a formidable force in this division....

I have said it for a long time - next season is Shez's watertest... if he balls' it up again then both the TTA and the fans will see him hounded off to a backroom post at the wendies quicker than you can say 'hoof' ..... as for the season ticket sales... its worrying, however, at least in theory we dont have to assemble a new squad as most are on 2 year contracts... and to be honest, with the stadium on its way it doesnt affect the long term picture too much...

... as long as shez doesn't balls it up again... he has until christmas before the full lynch mob and pitchforks come out....

When have I ever acused our owners of greed?

Learn to read what people actually say before happy clapping, will you?