Sheridan's (SUPPOSED) two-finger salute

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is clear Shez is losing support rapidly - no matter how many posts the inners put on the board, and no matter how loud they shout. The fact is there are a hell of a lot more people unhappy with Shez than there were at the start of the season.

If Sheridan is to remain as manager and take us out of this division he has got to start learning from his mistakes. He DID tell the 'spectator' that he knew nothing about football, he DID swear at him, he DID gesture (Though it WAS a mouthing off gesture) and he HAS done it four or five times before.

The 'spectator' was abusive and swearing, so should have been ejected, but Shez should never have reacted either, particularly as the club have already received complaints about his disrespect for those paying his wages.

Opinion will always be divided on whether he was right to bring Jarrett off against Millwall, but there were a lot of people shouting for Wolfy to come on if only to change the formation to a better balanced and more pressing 4-4-2. I don't think Shez should take the credit for the decision, as he only did it because he was angry at JJ's involvement in Millwall's goal.

Sheridan needs to stop saying things like "There are people think they know better than me but they don't", he needs to stop calling <non abusive> fans 'Muppets' and he needs to realise that his tactics and selections are not always right. Maybe then he will reclaim some support for himself and get the abusive faction off his back.

I am starting to lose patience with him and his pig-headed arrogance, and unless things change he will lose another supporter.

Eh? That's lost me? Try it again, but this time let me know what you mean rather than making a private joke / reference thtat only you know the relevance of. You're not still upset over your MIS-Reading of my earlier comment are you?

I think Rummy was adding to your comment about the "unreliable witness" comment as opposed to having a pop Real.

An equaliser in the mis-reading match perhaps? <_<

:)

what does shez have to do to win you? obviously drawing with a team fighting for automatic promotion isnt good enough?

you expected more from an injury hit team, with barely any money full of youngsters to go out and thrash every opponent,

this is the best run we have had in ages, when was the last time we were playoff hopefulls 2 seasons in a row?

shez manager 2 seasons, in them two seasons we have been up near the top,

but no matter what happens you will slate him, try backing your club! would you play better with fans encouraging or booing you?

Eh? That's lost me? Try it again, but this time let me know what you mean rather than making a private joke / reference thtat only you know the relevance of. You're not still upset over your MIS-Reading of my earlier comment are you?

:whoosh:

I think Rummy was adding to your comment about the "unreliable witness" comment as opposed to having a pop Real.

An equaliser in the mis-reading match perhaps? <_<

:)

Definately, one whoosh a-piece.

The angles suggest that there was a second v-flicker :wink:

He knows, he knows...

what does shez have to do to win you? obviously drawing with a team fighting for automatic promotion isnt good enough?

you expected more from an injury hit team, with barely any money full of youngsters to go out and thrash every opponent,

this is the best run we have had in ages, when was the last time we were playoff hopefulls 2 seasons in a row?

shez manager 2 seasons, in them two seasons we have been up near the top,

but no matter what happens you will slate him, try backing your club! would you play better with fans encouraging or booing you?

You've asked four questions there, but unfortunately omitted to point out who they are directed to.

the shez outers, any of them, it just really bafles me, I thought with our money situation and injury situation we would be a lot further down, look at recent form its normally one season playoffs one season relegation battle, we did really well this season, and with a fully fit squad, and reliable players from transfers who dont back out at the last minute im sure we would be steaming up to the top!

Any chance of locking this thread now? Everything has been said and those who have bothered to put something worthwhile probably cant be bothered any further....

The thread will die a natural death in due course Stitch.

While the initial post was wrong (by Guernica's later admission), it's served the purpose of being the weekly Shez in/ Shez out debate.

I'm sure there will be another one along soon - win, lose or draw. :)

And of course every post or view of the Topic now makes money for OAFC. :grin:

The thread will die a natural death in due course Stitch.

While the initial post was wrong (by Guernica's later admission), it's served the purpose of being the weekly Shez in/ Shez out debate.

I'm sure there will be another one along soon - win, lose or draw. :)

And of course every post or view of the Topic now makes money for OAFC. :grin:

morale of the story: shez outers stay quiet or your paying his wage! muahahaha

Think you'll find that majority who go every game DON'T complain, although I'll be quite happy to see the exit polls you gather at every game to prove otherwise.... but I suspect you've lost the paperwork.

Note the operative word I used: suspect.

No need, therefore, for exit polls.

Oldham Athletic: the only club in the world whose fans have the temerity to complain when they are not satisfied.

Would Latics fans moan at being (then) 3rd in the premier:censored:, beaten League Cup Finalists and into the last 8 of the Champions League, whilst not being beaten at home in well over 50 games?

If so we're exactly the same as Chelsea fans, yet AG didn't try telling them they know nothing when his subs worked a treat. Oh and we're the same as them scummers from OT when the fail to win one in god knows how long and lets not forget the boo's ringing around Eastlands recently after a 0-0 at home.

But never fear us long suffering Latics fans with a pathetic home record this season with plenty tripe dished up to watch are still the undisputed heavy weight champions of the world!!!

Edited by Lags

Re Avram Grant and Chelsea, it was very funny to hear the Chelsea fans chanting "You don't know what you're doing!" ... only for the team to turn it round within 5 minutes of Grant's changes. You could've forgiven the manager if he'd turned round and told the fans they don't know what they're watching... :grin:

the shez outers, any of them, it just really bafles me, I thought with our money situation and injury situation we would be a lot further down, look at recent form its normally one season playoffs one season relegation battle, we did really well this season, and with a fully fit squad, and reliable players from transfers who dont back out at the last minute im sure we would be steaming up to the top!

"and with a fully fit squad"

This is the crux of it.....in July last year I looked at the huge gambles, the youth being used as cover when injuries bit and the loss of Wellens as the reasons for why top 10 would be a great success this season and a great platform to build on. No team has a fully fit squad at this time of the season hence why we're where we are. I do think some of shez's errors tactically (or even just his team line-ups sometimes) hold back the whole potential and even undermines his own style of play (passing, using wings, opening up teams) when he sticks 3 central midfielders in 4 midfield places which has happened lots this season. However, even still it's not a bad spot that Shez's limitations has taken us to and building on this season in the summer should push us on further (still with his limitations...but it's still going to be forward movement.)

Thing is....in July last year we had the Coco's saying how we'd be struggling to stay up whereas most others were saying how we'd be right up there.....turns out again, the realists win the day and I was called negative for saying top 10 would be a real achievement. And we should aim for that now the seasons petering out.

I do think some things could've been done a bit differently by Shez this season, but nothing serious to hang him with. But then, I've only ever felt 1 manager here was worthy of the abuse he got. And it wasn't our last one either!

Onwards and upwards.....just hope TTA back him for another season and keep their cool while some of our lot lose their heads around it all!

Edited by boundaryblue80