Reality check

Some of our fans need to take a good look at some of the comments being made both on here, and in the pub/ground. Since the final whistle i have heard some trully daft comments.

A comment of 'Shez in' was replied to with " your a misguided fool". just please explain why someone is a misguided fool for not wanting to sack the manager?

Walking up Sheepfoot lane I heard someone say "sack the board, they arnt willing to put money into the team". IMO a trully laughable comment.

Another comment on here was "shez is the worst manager since Warnock". well imo Warnock was a far better manager than Wadsworth, Talbot and Moore, and Shez is better than all of them.

People are not happy unless the season goes right to the wire. i honestly believe some on here would rather go to a final day show down to stay up than have our season pitter out in midtable. we simply cannot expect to be involved season after season, and if it takes a season of finishing midtable, for us then to go on and have a real crack at it next year then so be it. Expectations for this season have been set way too high this year, especially with the loss of Wellens and Porter at the start of the season. If we are still in the same position next year (midtable) then i would be more inclined to agree that maybe we need to look at restructuring the management, but a season in midtable really isnt all that bad.

A bit of respect is needed, both towards fellow fans, and players/management. we all want the same thing at the end of the day, but some seem to want it yesterday, and it simply doesnt work like that

thats your opinion everyones allowed theres i think smalley is gash some people think hes amazing

Some of our fans need to take a good look at some of the comments being made both on here, and in the pub/ground. Since the final whistle i have heard some trully daft comments.

A comment of 'Shez in' was replied to with " your a misguided fool". just please explain why someone is a misguided fool for not wanting to sack the manager?

Walking up Sheepfoot lane I heard someone say "sack the board, they arnt willing to put money into the team". IMO a trully laughable comment.

Another comment on here was "shez is the worst manager since Warnock". well imo Warnock was a far better manager than Wadsworth, Talbot and Moore, and Shez is better than all of them.

People are not happy unless the season goes right to the wire. i honestly believe some on here would rather go to a final day show down to stay up than have our season pitter out in midtable. we simply cannot expect to be involved season after season, and if it takes a season of finishing midtable, for us then to go on and have a real crack at it next year then so be it. Expectations for this season have been set way too high this year, especially with the loss of Wellens and Porter at the start of the season. If we are still in the same position next year (midtable) then i would be more inclined to agree that maybe we need to look at restructuring the management, but a season in midtable really isnt all that bad.

A bit of respect is needed, both towards fellow fans, and players/management. we all want the same thing at the end of the day, but some seem to want it yesterday, and it simply doesnt work like that

As i said earlier, had talbot or moore made some of the mistakes shez has made then the fans would have been going ballistic.

And as you said, to say their not willing to invest in the team is laughable, funds have been available, but shez hasnt really used them.

One thing about oldham fans though, think what you want of them, is that they will vote with their feet. The club will defo get a nasty shock with the season ticket sales next season, which i think will result in wage budget being cut again.

One thing about oldham fans though, think what you want of them, is that they will vote with their feet. The club will defo get a nasty shock with the season ticket sales next season, which i think will result in wage budget being cut again.

Well if that does happen and the wage budget is cut again then I fear a season the same as this one. Then it becomes a nasty downward spiral.

Yes expectations were set very high, but I agree that this season was always going to be a consolidation season and with a few additions in key areas, then I feel that we will be serious challengers next year.

But cutting the budget isn't going to help anybody.

Well if that does happen and the wage budget is cut again then I fear a season the same as this one. Then it becomes a nasty downward spiral.

Yes expectations were set very high, but I agree that this season was always going to be a consolidation season and with a few additions in key areas, then I feel that we will be serious challengers next year.

But cutting the budget isn't going to help anybody.

Never said it was

but we have a wage cap to adhere to, 60 percent, and with gates like today, that 60 percent isnt alot, so i really dont think they will have a choice.

Never said it was

but we have a wage cap to adhere to, 60 percent, and with gates like today, that 60 percent isnt alot, so i really dont think they will have a choice.

Im sure there are ways around this salary cap, the TTA company could pay X amount of pounds to advertise around the ground.

Im sure there are other ways around it too.

This season need to finish ASAP and then everybody can go off on Hols or whatever you all do during the close season.

Things will look better when everyone returns and then we can start getting behind the team again.

Edited by AMO

didnt scouse ronnie get the boot for poor season ticket sales, if it happens it will be interesting to see what happens to shez.

True but the anti Ronnie feeling was much higher than the anti shez feeling more people blamed moore than have done for shez.

2 reasons for this firstly shez has given loyal service to OAFC down the years as a player a coach and now a manager. Secondly we have a the worst casualty list since the Black Death so shez has had to chop and change his side and has had to change his plans time and time again this season and most fans can appreciate this to extent.

didnt scouse ronnie get the boot for poor season ticket sales, if it happens it will be interesting to see what happens to shez.

its peoples opinions phil,but for what its worth his is very poor,his judgement is dodgy at the best of times,refuses to use subs at times when it could actually improve the game,not spending money when he could do,not bringing in replacements for quality players that have left. playing players out of position,and constantly belittleing our performances as not good enough,but not doing anything about it.

at present were limping along,our season is becoming a long drawn out farce,that will end in missing out on the end of season mix.

big improvements are needed for next season,both on and off the field,and if there not addressed properly and we get yet another season of false promise and unacceptable football,he will ultimately fall on his sword,no matter how much of a latics legend he is(player wise),and people will be thinking to themselves,we have just wasted 3 years on the cheap option.

by then it could be too late,and season ticket sales could be horrendous.but thats football for you

When I asked at the ticket office they were unsure of next years pricing structure but they were expecting them to be frozen at last years prices.

If that's true we wont get near the 3000 st mark.

Blackburn's are £250 for the prem, city's are cheaper than ours there's loads of clubs cheaper and far better value than ours plus they don't have the additional downfall of a clueless manager who disrespects his players and fans, respect is a two way thing.

Dont agree Phil. Most people knew this would be a year of transition. Though most people expected the football to be of a reasonable standard. When you have football as poor as that being displayed to a paying public, week in, week out. Then people have every right to be mystified with the management.

That first half had the make up of an end of season game with both side's having nothing to play for. Baffling given our position in the lead. You'd of thought the players would of wanted to put in a performance that would of at least kept them in contention.

The season has been pittering out for weeks. It's just that with each passing game, people are realising the season is well and truely over. Still doesnt mean we should be expected to watch dire inept performances.