Should it have been a red card?

I was sat in the Lookers in the chaddy end corner so I didnt have a good view but there goalie seemed to have rugby tackled Wolfy.

Did anyone have a good view?

Thought it should have been a red. Wudnt wolfy had been clean through?

Not really, there were defenders covering him.....he wasn't the last man BUT without a keeper wouldn't that have presented Wolfy with a goal scoring opportunity, even with 3 defenders back? I dunno.....hopefully it'll be on Virgin Media highlights.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Hard to say really, 3 defenders where covering which didn't make him the last man, but it was a bad tackle by the keeper which could really have been a Red on it's own.

Not really there were defenders covering him.....he wasn't the last man BUT without a keeper wouldn't that have presented Wolfy with a goal scoring opportunity, even with 3 defenders back? I dunno.....hopefully it'll be on Virgin Media highlights.

Yeah thats what i was thinking about. Then again i was also thinking the ball would hit the back of the net... :wink:

Wolfy probably kept the goalie on the pitch by not making a meal of the tackle , if it was Taylor he would have swallow dived followed by 3 or 4 rolls!!!!

he was running towards the main stand touchline, effectively away from goal when he was brought down so he was never going to get the red card for "stopping a goalscoring opportunity or whatever they call it. the tackle on its own was a bad one, but not sufficiently bad to produce a red card imo

Wolfy probably kept the goalie on the pitch by not making a meal of the tackle , if it was Taylor he would have swallow dived followed by 3 or 4 rolls!!!!

from my perch in the main stand...

it seemed to me, and others around me, that wolfy was not exactly heading towards the goal and the goal area was fast being occupied by defenders... so hardly last man or goal opportunity

tackle clumsy and maybe even meant! but that wasn't worthy of a red card either

all IMHO..

Wasn't the last man but AFAIC Wolfy had rounded the keeper and he took him out. Once he was passed him it was definately a goalscoring opportunity as there was no goalkeeper between him and the net. Should have gone and the ref bottled it.

Definately not a sending off too many men back if wolfy had rounded the keeper he would still have had alot to do as he was a good 30 yards from goal and would have had to beat atleast 3 Millwall players. Ref got it spot on

As the ref pointed out he was running towards the corner and away from goal there were players back its a yellow.

As the ref pointed out he was running towards the corner and away from goal there were players back its a yellow.

ye - it wasnt preventing a goal scoring oppertunity as such, but it was a really bad tackle that in my opinion deserved a red anyway

It looked to me like he didn't go for the ball and was a high tackle. If he would have got past him it would have been a free shot, the defenders wouldn't have been in a good position to block even though they were back and it would have been at an angle. If he made an attempt to get the ball it would have been yellow, but no attempt was made I feel. So Red.

from right in front of it , wolfy slowed his run to the ball. so the tackle would come, keeper swung his leg and wolfy nicked the ball and avoided the brunt of the challenge, 3 defenders in the box plus i think leon, so yellow card was the correct decision, would have been a yellow for another defender in that situation, cant be different for the keeper

good job really, we are worse against ten, they would of broken away and scored. :wink:

Whenever we have one of these kind of incidents, I always try to imagine what we would be saying if it was our man. I know that it takes some extraordinary imagination to think that either Crossley or young O'Donnell would race out the way Evans did yesterday, but if they had, I'm sure that we'd have been saying that a red card would be harsh. There were three defenders covering and Wolfy was going away from goal. A yellow card all day long.

Whenever we have one of these kind of incidents, I always try to imagine what we would be saying if it was our man. I know that it takes some extraordinary imagination to think that either Crossley or young O'Donnell would race out the way Evans did yesterday, but if they had, I'm sure that we'd have been saying that a red card would be harsh. There were three defenders covering and Wolfy was going away from goal. A yellow card all day long.

Spot on! Sadly, we don't need to imagine either coz it was similar to Taylors red card at the Bindippers last season! That was never a red card, (Zola wasn't heading towards the goal had he got past Taylor and would've needed to alter his run), and neither was that yesterday. As always, we seem to get the rough end of decisions both ways though :disappointed:

Edited by boundaryblue80