• Too expensive
    • Poor value for money
    • Poor home performances this season
    • Other

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm renewing but I must say that even though I have been to all home games and quite alot away my passion has definitely died this year for some reason. I guess i'm a little disillusioned with football on the whole really and the whole money making machine that it's become, but also with the revolving door of personnel on the pitch I feel less attached to them as well.

Very well put. Falling crowds indicate that many feel the same.

Does anyone remember the big meeting we had a couple of years ago in the Rochdale Road end. Don't think TTA said anything about just existing, they were putting up the season ticket prices to fund our push for promotion.

No-you're wrong: as somebody has noted above, they bought the club because they love Oldham Athletic fans.

I'd eat coal if they told me to.

Tried to vote YES but it keeps coming back with an error.

Anyway, what's being a supporter about when your club is 11th in the league?

A shade over £14 for the Lookers upper (or wherever we end up) and just over £2 for kids. Great value to show that you are a real supporter. I've no problems with those that really can't afford it, I couldn't on £59 a week, but those that choose to do something else with their money are not in the same league.

Shez, Moore, Talbot, Royle whoever, If I can afford it, I'm having it.

I think all them no's will turn to yes's if we get promotion via the play offs.

Everyone just moaning coz we are not right up there at the moment, we don't deserve to be but there is still a chance.

I would like to see if everyone does stick to there decision from this poll if we do get promoted.

I am renewing next season no matter what.

It's a bit of :censored: poll IMO. For me, current circumstances means I possibly won't be able to get the cash together for a ST next season, but I'll be paying £20 every time (did the same during the 2003/4 season and ended up locked out of the Celebration Sunday game for 35mins!).....so I'm not renewing, but not coz it's too expensive and there's no poll option to state "Not renewing, but paying in every game". I imagine there'll be quite a few like me.

Got to say though, I am very, very worried about the numbers that won't be renewing this summer.

Not renewing for a few reasons... mainly cant get to every game, there is harldy going to be a ticket shortage so if i wanted to go i can just pay on the gate... and mainly so many times iv got up on a match day morning thinkin i cannot be arsed turning up just to be dissapointed! Harsh but Fair

It's a bit of :censored: poll IMO. For me, current circumstances means I possibly won't be able to get the cash together for a ST next season, but I'll be paying £20 every time (did the same during the 2003/4 season and ended up locked out of the Celebration Sunday game for 35mins!).....so I'm not renewing, but not coz it's too expensive and there's no poll option to state "Not renewing, but paying in every game". I imagine there'll be quite a few like me.

Got to say though, I am very, very worried about the numbers that won't be renewing this summer.

Dont worry BB80!!!! The deficit in season ticket sales will be compensated by the fact we will sell so many Fluo Yellow away shirst!!!! ... oh.....

Think we will tick along and get to about 90% of this year - never ever will the numbers go up.... but we will get to the point where Shez will get another season with a similar budget - and as is said before, most players are on a 2 year contract - so that combined with the youth players coming through means Shez has at least 1 more season with a comparable playing squad budget... then the new stand opens and everything is rosy! *cough*

I can forsee another jitter start to sales, then suddely we will sign a couple of players, the usual "we will get promoted" statement come out.. and hughesy bangs in 6 in the rosebowl V rockerdale... and suddely we tick on to the normal mark...

Just to say... dont want to get into a conversation about personal circumstance... but surely if as you say you are going to pay in every game anyway, the best solution would be to get the monthly payment scheme and get a ST.... will save you a few bob in the long run... and stop TTA from throwing the toys out of the pram once more....

Jut read these comments and wonder how many of them will be renewing STs.

We can't buy a home win. This is just a joke. By far the worst period I've ever experienced in over 20 years of supporting [the club]

Given what has happened at [the club] over the last ten years, I am not surprised that the atmosphere is as it is. I understand the frustration that fans feel. I also understand that fans deal with this frustration differently, because we are all different.

Nobody likes to hear booing from fellow fans, but it’s part of football and contrary to what some fans on here would want us to believe, it does happen at other football clubs!

If we want to get back to where we were, we have to bring the atmosphere back!!

Otherwise we're just giving in!

Another predictable afternoon.

11 players cobbled together into some type of formation.

Defend first, long balls…….

No width, no balance, no hope.

As the match progresses you can visibly see [the manager] getting more and more worried until he breaks into a panic and throws strikers on.

He’s clueless and has to go. Sooner the better.

…the fans moan about every little thing they can right now, just because they are so frustrated with being here.

nice sentiment, but it doesn't excuse slagging off fellow fans because they react to the current situation differently. We are all entitled to support the team how we choose.

I actually agree with you that the best way is to get behind the team vocally and I certainly would not boo the team. That's not my way.

Not Latics fans - care to guess which club they support?

I haven't got a season ticket this year (thank god) and won't be getting one next season either. I still support Shez and the lads 100% but won't be parting with £300 quid. I know this poll only applies to people with a ST at the minute but perhaps a better pole would be to ask who is getting one next year.

I would honestly rather give my money away. I love the club and i will still go to a few home games next season but i just can't keep spending the money i am currently spending on the club with so little enjoyment out of it. It just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

I know of 5 people who have had season tickets for 5 years + who aren't renewing, too much money with so little enjoyment out of it. I can't remember seeing so many poor home performances in one season.

I have no beef with Shez as i've said before coz we've had so many injuries and i'm just glad we're not in a relegation fight but the club must do more to do more to attract people like me in to buying one.

If they put the season ticket or match day prices up by a penny then you won't see me all season. they have to keep the prices the same or lower them in order to bring more fans in, if they go up they'll be cutting their own throat.

Shez in though.

and stop TTA from throwing the toys out of the pram once more....

Am I the only person who finds this sort of comment about a group of guys who saved are club and continue to pump in tens of thousands a week! while still having the vision of builidng a stadium and pushing this club forward. Sick of reading this comment.... I think they have a right to throw there toys out of the pram!

Am I the only person who finds this sort of comment about a group of guys who saved are club and continue to pump in tens of thousands a week! while still having the vision of builidng a stadium and pushing this club forward. Sick of reading this comment.... I think they have a right to throw their toys out of the pram!

yep and watch the wrist slitters really go for it then!!

i'm sure some people don't realise how lucky we are to have TTA (or anyone for that matter!!)

just in case.... a selection in case it happens!!

razorsn5.th.jpg

yep and watch the wrist slitters really go for it then!!

i'm sure some people don't realise how lucky we are to have TTA (or anyone for that matter!!)

just in case.... a selection in case it happens!!

razorsn5.th.jpg

As said before-no they do not have any 'right' to constantly threaten and berate the fans. It was their decision to buy a football club, taken for their benefit and not ours, and it is up to them to do what it takes to attract the stay aways.

And I am as thankful as anybody that it was our club they purchased.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Diego - Forest fans I'd say. Amazing how delusional some of them still are really.

I'll be renewing, but I'm not one to criticise those who say they won't. £300 is a big investment for anyone to make, so as far as I'm concerned it's entirely their call. If they're not renewing in protest, then hopefully they'll come back when things improve.

No doubt that I'll renew my season ticket - but then I am one of those 'idiotic' / 'committed'* (delete as you see fit) people that support the club through thick (can just about remember some of this) and thin (95% of the seasons I have watched).

Price-wise - for me its pretty much a price-inelastic good (for those that have done economic). Its like petrol and fags (when I smoked) - I might not like the cost but there isn't an alternative so I pay it and complain.

That's what being a football fan is about - you can't complain about quality/cost and say 'Sod this - I'm off to watch Bolton instead'. It doesn't work like that.

The only other option is don't go at all and for me as a Latics fan who has had a ST for 20 years I don't think I'd know what to do with myself.