Doncaster Just got back

Wolfy was not due to start again ? ? Gary Mc having a pre match knock saw TW give Wolfy the nod and what a 45 mins could have had 2 worked his socks off just hope the injury is not serious, well done to Jarrett good goal, and good showing today boys

Saturday post

Thought the lad played well for 12mins showing some good movement Should have been a RED as I have no doubts he would have scored from there !!! If Lewis is still not fit for Donny on Monday would play him and Constantine, Smalley on right thought young keeper showed some good mobility (but to much for the goal what was he doing there ) Did anyone hear what Shez said to Jarrett?

Edited by dbaines_971

Thought the lad played well for 12mins showing some good movement Should have been a RED as I have no doubts he would have scored from there !!! If Lewis is still not fit for Donny on Monday would play him and Constantine, Smalley on right thought young keeper showed some good mobility (but to much for the goal what was he doing there ) Did anyone hear what Shez said to Jarrett?

Is it all too little too late though?

A few years ago, I thought Wolfy was destined for big things. Unfortunately though, when he's been presented with chances to impress over those past few years, he's consistently come up short.

I think he'll be off at the end of the season.

A few years ago, I thought Wolfy was destined for big things. Unfortunately though, when he's been presented with chances to impress over those past few years, he's consistently come up short.

Not seen all of Wolfy's FOUR starts, but consistently failed seems very harsh.

It looks like he will be off at the end of the season, but I wish he had given him more of a chance. More of a goalscorer than Lewis, Smalley or Asdaman

Interesting as he is only 20 and only seems to get Subs roll but keeps chipping in with GOALS !!!!!!!! something of which we seem to be short of at present

All comments welcome

I've always rated Wolfy, people say he is too light weight and yes he does look like that but he can hold players off very well. My dad had a very brief chat with Joe Royle after the game last week and he said that from what he had seen Wolfy looked the most naturally gifted of the youngsters and that the runs he makes are excellent, he knows where to go and where the space will be. I would love to see him play alongside Hughes and with a few more older heads in the team who will see those runs a little earlier than some of younger players are doing. He may be older than Smalley and Alessandra but some players just take a little bit longer to develop than others.

I'm sorry but if you don't give the lad a run of say at least 10 consecutive games I really don't know how can you say that. Not saying he will make the grade but untill you give the lad a proper run in the team you just cant judge him like that.

I'm sorry but if you don't give the lad a run of say at least 10 consecutive games I really don't know how can you say that. Not saying he will make the grade but untill you give the lad a proper run in the team you just cant judge him like that.

So you stick unproven players in for ten games, in a side you want to achieve promotion with? I think he needs to show us a bit more before he deserves that sort of chance.

Well said lets get behind our home grown players who seem to be more commited than some others ? well played to Mark Allott again glad you are back

So you stick unproven players in for ten games, in a side you want to achieve promotion with? I think he needs to show us a bit more before he deserves that sort of chance.

catch 22 how can an unproven player prove himself unless given a chance!? your original message seem to imply however that wolfy had been given lots of chances which he hasn't has he!

Alessandra got put into a side a pushing for promotion.....

Smalley got put into a side pushing for promotion......

Talyor got put into a side pushing for promotion......

Eardley got put into a side pushing for promotion.....

So why not Wolfy, the other have worked out OK.

Exactly, the lads hardly had a chance and when he comes on as a sub late on the rest of the team have resorted to lumping the ball up in the air to the front 2. Give him a run out on Monday alongside Constantine and use Smalley on the right wing

hmm i think alexandra and smalley have had more than 10 games each with 1 goals to show for it while pushing for promotion. Why not not give the lad a proper go and then make a final decision on him one way or the other!

He does have pretty decent movement and does get into some good positions hence his goal at Port Vale which was sublime but if we are trying to get into the championship we need a player with a bit more to his game. Should be given a start on monday though IMO as we play better with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. We looked dreadful up until we started playing with a proper 4-4-2 in fact that first hour was as bad a game of football as you are likely to see from 2 professional sides.

Alessandra got put into a side a pushing for promotion.....

Smalley got put into a side pushing for promotion......

Talyor got put into a side pushing for promotion......

Eardley got put into a side pushing for promotion.....

So why not Wolfy, the other have worked out OK.

But we're not pushing for promotion. It's taken nearly two thirds of the season to get into the top half of the table.

Better still,get rid of Smalley altogether(cos he is useless)put Taylor on the right,Livermore left with Leon and Wolfy upfront.

how can you even think of suggesting such a brilliant, obvious, totally intelligent formation like that ??

wer`e talking shez tactics here !!

Firstly, I was really disappointed Wolfy didn't get to start today and we looked toothless to say the least in the first half with one up front. He has scored a few this season and tbh I think with a run of games he would start scoring regulalrly. The problem is he isn't ever going to get a decent run in the team and I don't think it's because Shez doesn't rate him, more that he just doesn't have the guts to throw him in there and gamble for a few games. Look at the Lomax fiasco earlier in the season where despite it being obvious that Shez liked him, anyone was picked out of position ahead of him at left back. I fear it's the same with Wolfy and the only way he will ever get a run is by coming off the bench and doing something amazing, or if there really is nobody else.

It's a shame because he has something that only Lee Hughes has apart from him. He is in the right place at the right time and his movement is very intelligent. He has size against him but if we play it right that shouldn't be a factor, just got to cut out the long high balls that he hasn't got a chance with. He came on second half today and we had already picked up the tempo a bit since the interval, but he made an obvious difference. His runs made the Millwall defence work and he was unlucky not to score. Maybe now that we are all but out of the play off race he could be given some more minutes on the pitch to see what he can really do.

Oh and as for someone saying get rid of Smalley, you must mad! He put in some quality crosses today and was again one of the few players who looked up for it. If he can learn to release the ball a bit quicker and not try and over do it, he could mature into a very good player for us. It's a pity for some people that they expect players to come out of the youth academy the finished article.

Can i rephrase it then?drop Smalley because he is crap!

He put in one good cross but for the most was looking ramarkably like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

when playing alongside Leon his positional sense was woeful and after moving wide,which is a more natural position for him,he did not provide anything other than the one very good cross that i mentioned before!