Have any of u thought the reason Shez doesn't start him is because he's gash? He sees him every day. Maybe he just doesn't cut the mustard on the training ground....

The training ground bears no relation to an actual game, cricketers who look great in the nets or race horses who scorch the gallops can flatter to deceive.

Wolfendon is a quiet character who needs bringing out of his shell, ideally in a winning team to give him confidence.

Latics should stick with him in the long run, he has the ability to become a prolific goalscorer if used correctly.

All this talk about he Wolfy chippingin with "a few goals" I am pretty sure he has scored 2 this season.

I will never get on a players back whilst he is on the pitch, but the Wolf is not the answer, granted he could be a good finisher but unless the ball is laid on a plate to him, he is not tall enough and not fast enough to be anything but a squad players at this level.

Stats for Wolfy. In his miniscual minutes on the pitch this season he's managed 9 shots of which 6 were on target and 3 of which resulted in goals - best goals to shots ratio of any of our other strikers and better than Porter's last season. I agree he hasn't progressed as well as he should, but it should be remembered that his early appearances a few years ago around the 1st team was down in a lot of ways to the huge problems we had at that time. He should've been out on loan before this season (I think he would've been this season but for the constant striker crisis we have had).

I think the point with Wolfy is that he is obviously one of those strikers that is v much a box player, but never having had a run in the team no-one is quite sure if he is a league one/two/conference or unbelievably a championship player (unlikely!!) - the lad just hasn't had a run of 1st team games for anyone to make a sound judgement. For me he's the youngster (along with pearson) most likely to go in the summer - but I wouldn't mind keeping him and shipping him out on loan for the first few months of next season to see how he develops.

Alessandra got put into a side a pushing for promotion.....

Smalley got put into a side pushing for promotion......

Talyor got put into a side pushing for promotion......

Eardley got put into a side pushing for promotion.....

So why not Wolfy, the other have worked out OK.

It's all a matter of opinion though. I'd say the others have shown they've got a bit about them pretty quickly and so, on the back of that, their chance in the first team is extended.

Wolfy hasn't really done much, in my book, other than get pushed around by big defenders.