I might upset a few here.......but

since starting my new job, i work most weekends and when im not at work i come to BP, the last few performances might have been poor, but in my opinion we havnt seen much decent football since dowie left.....so im sorry guys shezza out.................this is soley my opinion and dont wish to upset any1

The football played between October and February last season was, in my opinion, the best to watch since the Premier League days, but the Dowie side was far more robust and no less skilful, and thus inspired much more confidence.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The football played between October and February last season was, in my opinion, the best to watch since the Premier League days, but the Dowie side was far more robust and no less skilful, and thus inspired much more confidence.

Certainly the Dowie side was more robust on the road, but they were no world beaters on gods little acre.

Added to that, Dowie had a fantastic playing budget to play with when he was ear marking potential signings that possibly gives him an advantage that can only be seen with the benefit of hindsight.

Another similarity was the injuries we had. We lost Clint and Clyde for most of the season (a-la Gregan and Hughes this season) and Pogs on the run in (a-la Crossley and the big Aussie himself this) but no one slated Dowie for it.

The problem was of course he was running a fools errand, whereas we now try and keep as tight a hold on the purse strings as possible whilst still giving us a chance I would imagine.

I'm not happy with the way things have gone this season, but as BT said in his monolithic post, we are Oldham Athletic, what do you expect?

KtF,

Derek.

Shez is running the playing the side from the back of a fag packet.

Obvious lack of man management, Tactically poor, arrogant, no contacts, Players have lack of respect for him. end of

GET SHUT ASAP PLEASE

Utter codswallop - think you are mistaking Mr Sheridan for Mr Moore!!!