Leon Constantine

Some people were slating him in the Lookers but I think he would be a different player if Hughes/ Davies played along side him.

Its obvious that he is not a target man and playing him up on his own wont get the best out of him and as a result he becomes isolated.

I would now if I was Shez start to use more of the younger home grown players and see how we go on. I am not against loan players and some do put a shift in BUT there cant be judging by todays performance couldnt do any worse than Jarret/Livermore.

During the second half I was sat on my own and began thinking of when Boundary Park has been rocking then I looked at the half empty stadium. We are not a million miles away from being a good team I still maintain if Shez could have put out his first team we would be in the play offs.

" judging by todays performance couldnt do any worse than Jarret/Livermore"

Livermore,a left sided midfield player filling in as a centre back did very well IMO. Reality check eh ?

You really are stupid, I would rather see our youngsters then journeyman...

There can be few if any teams in the league who have a worse injury list than us. Shez often surprises me with some of his decisions and tactics but to keep us on the edge of the playoff positions with the injuries he's had is pretty good going. I am looking forward to next season, mounting a true bid towards the playoffs, because seriously you have to think that the TTA dont really want us to go up this season. Next year, new ground etc. bring it on!

You are seeing our youngsters though, Smalley and Alessandra have been given the chance though injuries but surely you dont expect us to throw even more kids in do you ?

" judging by todays performance couldnt do any worse than Jarret/Livermore"

Livermore,a left sided midfield player filling in as a centre back did very well IMO. Reality check eh ?

And Jarrett was looking good I thought in the 2nd half. Really linked well with Gary Mac on the right, was making breaks into ther box etc.

We are a bloody long way off being a good team,even considering the lengthy injury list,if you are thinking that one or two additions to this squad will make us promotion contenders then you are seriously misguided.

Yeah, because we are sooo far off the playoffs at the moment are we?

Some people were slating him in the Lookers but I think he would be a different player if Hughes/ Davies played along side him.

Its obvious that he is not a target man and playing him up on his own wont get the best out of him and as a result he becomes isolated.

I would now if I was Shez start to use more of the younger home grown players and see how we go on. I am not against loan players and some do put a shift in BUT there cant be judging by todays performance couldnt do any worse than Jarret/Livermore.

During the second half I was sat on my own and began thinking of when Boundary Park has been rocking then I looked at the half empty stadium. We are not a million miles away from being a good team I still maintain if Shez could have put out his first team we would be in the play offs.

"It's obvious he's not a target man".......then why the hell did we sign him because we've needed a 'target' man all season.

We always play our forwards up on their own so no difference there then!!!

"It's obvious he's not a target man".......then why the hell did we sign him because we've needed a 'target' man all season.

We always play our forwards up on their own so no difference there then!!!

Surely we signed him because we had very few strikers fit, and we needed another option.

Keep the Faith

I can't believe people are having a go at Constantine, I think he has done well apart from his first game against Hartlepool. People also forget that he had been injured before we got him and playing upfront on his own with no service is no good for any player.

Nope, sadly there's only one looking stupid in this debate....Livermore has done well having been played out of position in all but 1 of his appearances....that one being Vale away where he put in a peach of a ball for Robertsons goal. Anyone who criticises a player like Livermore, frankly knows very little about football and based on what we've seen so far, he'd be a nice little addition if Shez signed him for next season.

Yeah, because we are sooo far off the playoffs at the moment are we?

We are still near the playoffs because there are a lot of Naff teams in this division, in a more competitive league we would have been nowhere near the playoff spots.

For what it's worth I thought Livermore was our MOTM yesterday. And I think Constantine is getting better with every game, it's just a shame we our merely getting him fit for Leeds' playoff push :angry:

I've said before that Hull fans can't see why Livermore has been allowed to go. They only accept it because they are hoping to get someone in who can push them towards the Prem. However the kid they brought in from QPR is proving to be useless. Livermore has been holding down a regular central midfiel place at Hull, but we need cover elsewhere. He would be a great signing for next seasom IMO, as he is a good utility player.

"it was just a shame that some of his touches/passes were not read by the rest of the team"

Agree with this quote totally. A few of our players seem to lack footballing intelligence on the pitch,

by which I mean they make a pass or see a long ball upfield and then stand there looking at how the

play will develop around them. The lack of mobility and creativity for the first 75 minutes of yesterdays

game was a touch worrying, though after Millwall scored we looked like a different team.