2008 dream team

It makes me wonder who the fans think with the team we had would have took us to the play-off/automatic promotion push, there have been many terrific post on here about what we should could or might have done had we had tom :censored: or harry playing for us had they not been injured or left the club.

some of these players who we are suddenly whole heartedly missing weresome of the players being slagged off on here somewhere during the season, so i am just a little curios as to who would be your team this season based on what we have had on the team sheet this season that would have taken us further up the table

remember, crossley(too fat past it comments) Gregan(too slow comments) thompson(fair enough) liddell(lazy type comments)

automatic in reality - i dont think so - play-offs yes, perhaps but then you have too look at the fact some of these players mentioned inother posts were playing

when we were losing at home to bristol rovers, northampton and southend and losing at hartlepool

but then

with a fully fit squad - would jarett.livermore, constantine graced our team sheet for instance, would smalley, alexandra have played as much these

could be $64,000 questions but ima little curious, thats all

for me crossley, lomax,bertrand, trotman, hazell, lomax, lidell, allott, macdonald, davies(out wide on left), hughes constantine, subsPogs gregan, eardley, smalley, alexandra but would this of been good enough

Edited by neiladamsheadband

It makes me wonder who the fans think with the team we had would have took us to the play-off/automatic promotion push, there have been many terrific post on here about what we should could or might have done had we had tom :censored: or harry playing for us had they not been injured or left the club.

some of these players who we are suddenly whole heartedly missing weresome of the players being slagged off on here somewhere during the season, so i am just a little curios as to who would be your team this season based on what we have had on the team sheet this season that would have taken us further up the table

remember, crossley(too fat past it comments) Gregan(too slow comments) thompson(fair enough) liddell(lazy type comments)

automatic in reality - i dont think so - play-offs yes, perhaps but then you have too look at the fact some of these players mentioned inother posts were playing

when we were losing at home to bristol rovers, northampton and southend and losing at hartlepool

but then

with a fully fit squad - would jarett.livermore, constantine graced our team sheet for instance, would smalley, alexandra have played as much these

could be $64,000 questions but ima little curious, thats all

for me crossley, lomax,bertrand, trotman, hazell, lomax, lidell, allott, macdonald, davies(out wide on left), hughes constantine, subsPogs gregan, eardley, smalley, alexandra but would this of been good enough

From a fully fit squad, and of the players who have been here this season, my team would be:

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

LB Lomax

CB Trotman

CB Hazell

LW Livermore

RW Taylor

CM Allott

CM Kilkenny

ST Hughes

ST Allessandra

subs

Pogi

Davies

Macca

Stam

Smalley

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

LB Bertrand

CB Trotman

CB Gregan

CM Macca

CM Allott

CM Jarrett

AM Lids

ST Hughes

ST Constantine

subs

Pogs

Davies

Smalley

Stam

Kilkenny

Or if it had to be 4-4-2 Smalley on the left, Lids on the right and Jarret dropped to the bench

Edited by Gemma06

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

LB Bertrand

CB Trotman

CB Gregan

CM Macca

CM Allott

CM Jarrett

AM Lids

ST Hughes

ST Constantine

subs

Pogs

Davies

Smalley

Stam

Kilkenny

Or if it had to be 4-4-2 Smalley on the left, Lids on the right and Jarret dropped to the bench

Jarrett ahead of Kilkenny?!

Makes you wonder though.

I'd have gone with:

GK.Crossley

RB.Eardley

CB.Hazell

CB.Gregan

LB.Bertrand

LM.Livermore

CM.Allott

CM. Kilkenny

RM.Taylor

CF.Ricketts*

CF.Hughes

Beresford

MacDonald

Trotman

Davies

Lomax

*Obviously I can see this one being a bit contentious, but I reckon with someone with the ability to run in the right places rather than randomly off onto the left wing would have made him look a completely different player. Plus the question stated 'fit'.

Alessandra and Smalley have played a fair amount of games now and have scored not many at all!

i started with Hughes and allessandra because i think they would compliment each other perfectly. its not just about who scores the most goals. and look where smalley has played most of them games. on the wing. not exactly going to get many clear cut chances there (unless he is ronaldo in disguise)......(bloody ell i wish he was)

i started with Hughes and allessandra because i think they would compliment each other perfectly. its not just about who scores the most goals. and look where smalley has played most of them games. on the wing. not exactly going to get many clear cut chances there (unless he is ronaldo in disguise)......(bloody ell i wish he was)

Football is about goals though, Alessandra only has the one in a number of games. Having Hughes and Davies upfront coincided with our best period of the season. Anyways since I'm being a bit critical it's only fair I put my team out so everyone can do the same :)

GK Crossley

DL Bertrand

DR Eardley

DC Gregan

DC Trotman

ML Livermore

MR Taylor

MC Allott

MC Kilkenny

SC Hughes

SC Davies

SUBS Lomax, Hazell, McDonald, Liddell, Alessandra

I'd rather just think about the best team we could put out of players still at the club rather than dwell on those departed.

GK Crossley

RB Eardley

LB Lomax (we need a LB though!)

CB Gregan (captain)

CB Hazell

RM Liddell

CM Allott (deputy captain)

CM Livermore

LM Taylor

ST Hughes

ST Davies

Subs: GK (whoever!), Stam, McDonald, Smalley, Alessandra.

With Liddell/Smalley and Livermore/McDonald more or less interchangeable - and some fairly intensive counselling with Davies and Hughes to get them to actually play together...