Doncaster coach pay on day! disgrace

I will explain why they have put the pay on the day coach on.

I work in the shop and the first coach was full with no plans to put a second one on, until quite a few came in who have bought tickets and couldnt get to the game due to the full coach.

So the club, FOR THE FANS, put on another coach to avoid disappointment.

As it was around 2 oclock when this was decided, the only way to fill up the second half of the coach due to the shop being closed is to allow people to book in the morning and show people on the website.

Don't think by me just highlighting this brief sentence I didn't take note of everything else contained in your post because I did and there’s some good points in it.

“what else would you have reasonably suggested”

Well what if every season ticket holder got a unique user name and password,

The club could quite easily integrate ticket sales software into their existing platform (i.e. the club shop online sales) and fans could buy their tickets online saving queuing time.

Also why have the club never looked at things like automated telephone sales?

There's so much scope for improvement regarding ticket sales that suggesting the current system works is a bit archaic to say the least.

The people who work there are fine it's just at times communication is a problem and it’s the fans who suffer.

I appreciate your comments regarding Everton's safety policy and tickets,

When we phoned the office to enquire about the second tier we were told they would be on sale at the same time, then on our arrival on first day of sale no tickets available, hence communication problems.

I attend a lot or all of the away games most seasons and I use the club shop and ticket office regularly.

Perhaps it’s just because of the volume in which I use them that I find it unsatisfactory on occasion.

Kyle.

P.S As for the stadium plans that’s a whole new box of worms.

I will explain why they have put the pay on the day coach on.

I work in the shop and the first coach was full with no plans to put a second one on, until quite a few came in who have bought tickets and couldnt get to the game due to the full coach.

So the club, FOR THE FANS, put on another coach to avoid disappointment.

As it was around 2 oclock when this was decided, the only way to fill up the second half of the coach due to the shop being closed is to allow people to book in the morning and show people on the website.

Fair enough I appreciate you explaining why.

Perhaps in future the club can anticipate demand a little better and start off with two coaches! :grin:

This isn't the first time it has happened either.

Normally they put the wrong time on the ticket or on the web and on occasion change it last minute and have to phone fans up to make sure they know the new times (Those who left their contact details anyway)

Your (the fans) are left continually checking with the shop for the long haul journeys because its rarely correct first time.

Anyhow are you happy with the current system?

Fair enough I appreciate you explaining why.

Perhaps in future the club can anticipate demand a little better and start off with two coaches! :grin:

This isn't the first time it has happened either.

Normally they put the wrong time on the ticket or on the web and on occasion change it last minute and have to phone fans up to make sure they know the new times (Those who left their contact details anyway)

Your (the fans) are left continually checking with the shop for the long haul journeys because its rarely correct first time.

Anyhow are you happy with the current system?

Are you not bored yet Kyle, cos I am. Leave it now eh and concentrate your efforts on supporting the lads tomorrow instead of having a go at everything and anything the club does or doesn't do.

Are you not bored yet Kyle, cos I am. Leave it now eh and concentrate your efforts on supporting the lads tomorrow instead of having a go at everything and anything the club does or doesn't do.

I have been bored all day can't you tell? :D

Don't think by me just highlighting this brief sentence I didn't take note of everything else contained in your post because I did and there’s some good points in it.

“what else would you have reasonably suggested”

Well what if every season ticket holder got a unique user name and password,

The club could quite easily integrate ticket sales software into their existing platform (i.e. the club shop online sales) and fans could buy their tickets online saving queuing time.

Also why have the club never looked at things like automated telephone sales?

There's so much scope for improvement regarding ticket sales that suggesting the current system works is a bit archaic to say the least.

The people who work there are fine it's just at times communication is a problem and it’s the fans who suffer.

I appreciate your comments regarding Everton's safety policy and tickets,

When we phoned the office to enquire about the second tier we were told they would be on sale at the same time, then on our arrival on first day of sale no tickets available, hence communication problems.

I attend a lot or all of the away games most seasons and I use the club shop and ticket office regularly.

Perhaps it’s just because of the volume in which I use them that I find it unsatisfactory on occasion.

Kyle.

P.S As for the stadium plans that’s a whole new box of worms.

"Well what if every season ticket holder got a unique user name and password,

The club could quite easily integrate ticket sales software into their existing platform (i.e. the club shop online sales) and fans could buy their tickets online saving queuing time."

Please see the point in my last post about the on line ticketing system which is due to be/has recently been activated. This will do exactly what you are asking for to cut down on queuing times.

"Also why have the club never looked at things like automated telephone sales?"

I don't know. Have they not looked into this? Do you know? What is the cost to the club of introducing this? Would the club not be better putting such costs into improving other areas of the club in the short term? i.e the playing staff :grin: Would it not be better to introduce such system when they move offices to the new main stand on the Broadway side, when they are likely to also be installing a new phone system in any event?

"There's so much scope for improvement regarding ticket sales that suggesting the current system works is a bit archaic to say the least. "

I don't disagree but you really do not know what is happening behind the scenes as the club plan to redevelop the ground move the offices and bring themselves into the 20th, oops sorry, 21st century.

"The people who work there are fine it's just at times communication is a problem and it’s the fans who suffer."

Whilst you believe this to be the case, the club will not be able to keep everyone happy all the time. At the same time you must remember the sterling job Stu Vose does with the web site and the number of articles he posts daily including times when he is not officially working. I can't believe that you would say that communication is not any better now than it was say 5 years ago. At the same time I'm sure the club would say that things could be improved further and that mistakes have been / are made.

"When we phoned the office to enquire about the second tier we were told they would be on sale at the same time, then on our arrival on first day of sale no tickets available, hence communication problems."

Yep mistakes are sometimes made, just as they are in other businesses. The club also employ a number of part time staff particularly on match day and busy times, i.e cup games like Everton and it does therefore make it more difficult.

"I attend a lot or all of the away games most seasons and I use the club shop and ticket office regularly.

Perhaps it’s just because of the volume in which I use them that I find it unsatisfactory on occasion."

I know from your posts on here your devotion (and frustration) to the club/team, but your original post was not as well thought out as your subsequent posts have been. I/m sure that its frustration that got to you especially after that 1st half yesterday. I know. I was sat in the Chaddy yesterday totally cheesed off for 45 minutes and I have been for a number of games this season. Still I try and keep it reasonable. At the end of the day I want our club "little old Owdham" to do well. It really makes me happy when we win and I want that as much as the next fan........ Well, except??? No I won't go there :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

How anyone can say that the club turning around and saying "we have some spare seats..if you still need a lift turn up on monday" is a "disgrace" is completely beyond me..maybe im missing some bigger problem here but i doubt it

Its the fact the club turned away fans by running one coach then when they finally realised more wanted to go they decided to run another.

The fans who were initially interested have to go early tomorrow and hope they have a place, this could have been avoided by starting with two coaches in the first place.

The club coaches are a joke.

Good quality coaches but very very poorly run and operated at our end.

Anyway there’s nothing more to add to this discussion and I am feeling like Mr meldrew lol

hey here's a thought Kyle, you could admit that you were wrong? You could even apologise.

You started off with a litany of abuse for the club over something that was if anything a positive move, or at worst a minor mistake. You were highly critical, insulting and to a degree nasty about this action. The scenario you decided on was also so contrived to make it look like a bad move it's farcical.

You get a lot of people saying you're going off on one, and someone from the club explaining why they did this, but what do you do?

Accept your error? Apologise?

No, you just go, "Fair enough I appreciate you explaining why" and then try to start a criticism from another angle.

Why don't you stop looking for faults in the club?

I'd love to pop round to where you work and tell you everything you do wrong.

ps. Shame you won't get to post "The club coach had empty seats, why didn't they put details on the website in case anyone decided to go at the last minute but didn't have transport - it's a disgrace" You can save that for another day.

hey here's a thought Kyle, you could admit that you were wrong? You could even apologise.

You started off with a litany of abuse for the club over something that was if anything a positive move, or at worst a minor mistake. You were highly critical, insulting and to a degree nasty about this action. The scenario you decided on was also so contrived to make it look like a bad move it's farcical.

You get a lot of people saying you're going off on one, and someone from the club explaining why they did this, but what do you do?

No, you just go, "Fair enough I appreciate you explaining why" and then try to start a criticism from another angle.

ps. Shame you won't get to post "The club coach had empty seats, why didn't they put details on the website in case anyone decided to go at the last minute but didn't have transport - it's a disgrace" You can save that for another day.

i bet you have never even used club transport kyle

I apologised to who I felt was worthy of an apology.

I didn’t start this post in a well thought out structured or planned way to best get my views across I will agree with you on that lol

However I don’t have any other faults with the club just the manager ticket sales and coach travel. :grin:

That said anything else?

LaticsLegend, I am under the age of 16, it doesn't effect me for Doncaster but is this going to be permanant not letting under 16's on or is this just for the Pay On the day thing.

My only real way of getting to away games is the coach, and mostly go with other mates of the same age so hopefully this isn't going to be from now on.