Taylor and the Huddle....

Give the lad an oscar and fine him a weeks wages if he carries on like that. Bambi on Ice isnt even the half of it. Three times in the second half he went down at the slightest of contact like he'd been shot. It wouldnt have been so bad, as he'd won the freekick but on one occasion he sprang up instantly after the ref had talked with their lad and give the free kick making himself look a cheat. Then when he finally gets properly clattered, he lies in a heap wondering why the ref hasnt give him anything. It turned into a joke. Especially given the position he was in and how many players donny had back when he had the ball - he'd of been better staying on his feet and trying to beat the man instead of trying to con the ref.

Miles better than saturday. Though that's not exactly hard. First half hour, we looked seriously comfortable. Wolfy very nearly put us 1up within a minute and he had a cracking 1st half. Some good performances in the 1st half. Even Leon managed to win a fair few headers. Bad defending for the goal - Stams part clearly. Reuben clearly told and pointed to Stam that he (Reuben) was marking two players and that Stam needed to pick up one. Stam didnt and Heffernan bags. He'd not done too bad up until that point, but once again Stam makes a mistake and unfortunately for us we got punished for it. Reuben was immense at the back again. Thought the keeper did well. His kicking bar the 90th minute was spot on, even under constant pressure from backpasses. Eardley got absolutely tore to peices by their winger in the first half.

Smalley ran himself into the ground. He was fading towards the end of the game and clearly knackered. I still have no idea how he didnt at least get a shot on in the 90th minute. All he seemingly had to do was dink it over the keeper. Good performance from him. Jarrett (when he came on) and Allott did well in the middle. Cracking finish from JJ.

They showed today what they can play like. Makeshift squad or not. Simple football works at any level. As for the Huddle. Does Sheridan read this board by chance?? Hmmm.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Give the lad an oscar and fine him a weeks wages if he carries on like that. Bambi on Ice isnt even the half of it. Three times in the second half he went down at the slightest of contact like he'd been shot. It wouldnt have been so bad, as he'd won the freekick but on one occasion he sprang up instantly after the ref had talked with their lad and give the free kick making himself look a cheat. Then when he finally gets properly clattered, he lies in a heap wondering why the ref hasnt give him anything. It turned into a joke. Especially given the position he was in and how many players donny had back when he had the ball - he'd of been better staying on his feet and trying to beat the man instead of trying to con the ref.

Miles better than saturday. Though that's not exactly hard. First half hour, we looked seriously comfortable. Wolfy very nearly put us 1up within a minute and he had a cracking 1st half. Some good performances in the 1st half. Even Leon managed to win a fair few headers. Bad defending for the goal - Stams part clearly. Reuben clearly told and pointed to Stam that he (Reuben) was marking two players and that Stam needed to pick up one. Stam didnt and Heffernan bags. He'd not done too bad up until that point, but once again Stam makes a mistake and unfortunately for us we got punished for it. Reuben was immense at the back again. Thought the keeper did well. His kicking bar the 90th minute was spot on, even under constant pressure from backpasses. Eardley got absolutely tore to peices by their winger in the first half.

Smalley ran himself into the ground. He was fading towards the end of the game and clearly knackered. I still have no idea how he didnt at least get a shot on in the 90th minute. All he seemingly had to do was dink it over the keeper. Good performance from him. Jarrett (when he came on) and Allott did well in the middle. Cracking finish from JJ.

They showed today what they can play like. Makeshift squad or not. Simple football works at any level. As for the Huddle. Does Sheridan read this board by chance?? Hmmm.

couldnt afford to go today,but glad we didnt get battered,and the fans got a decent performance.

i was wondering exactly the same as why we had decided not to do the huddle anymore.its nice to see and gives the lads that last bit of togethership before hopefully a good performance.

Taylor had a blinder today, and yet again was our only creative outlet. Agree that Smalley ran himself into the ground, but he was absolutely garbage again. In the 90th minute, the reason why he didn't get a shot in was because he bottled it. I would have subbed him instantly for that disgraceful lack of heart.

the reason why he didn't get a shot in was because he bottled it. I would have subbed him instantly for that disgraceful lack of heart.

another smalley hater? did well, I believe, with not much experience in the team, he needs someone with experience to give him a boost,

and if you sub people for the bad misses you would need 15 subs a match on average!

Smalley did bottle it though, I dont hate the lad but why he didnt just turn on it and at least try to hit the ball on target I'll never know, it wasnt the hardest of chances to have at least had a pop rather than looking like a big girl.

Other than that I didnt think we were that bad today, Stam had a shocker IMO though, many wayward clearances that just went straight into the air causing us more problems. Wolfy had a cracker in the first half and was suprised to see him subbed but Davies coming on to score said it all.

Smalley did bottle it though, I dont hate the lad but why he didnt just turn on it and at least try to hit the ball on target I'll never know, it wasnt the hardest of chances to have at least had a pop rather than looking like a big girl.

Other than that I didnt think we were that bad today, Stam had a shocker IMO though, many wayward clearances that just went straight into the air causing us more problems. Wolfy had a cracker in the first half and was suprised to see him subbed but Davies coming on to score said it all.

'Twas Jarrett not Davies. :)

another smalley hater? did well, I believe, with not much experience in the team, he needs someone with experience to give him a boost,

and if you sub people for the bad misses you would need 15 subs a match on average!

Smalley hater? Did well you believe? So you weren't there?

I don't hate Smalley at all, but for me he was poor on Monday.

And can somebody PLEASE chop off Eardley's right foot, give it a 45degree anti clockwise turn and sew it back on? That way he might not shank quite so many into touch when under little pressure! :wink:

And can somebody PLEASE chop off Eardley's right foot, give it a 45degree anti clockwise turn and sew it back on? That way he might not shank quite so many into touch when under little pressure! :wink:

I don't think that this would be such a good idea.

I am sure that the recovery time from this type of surgery would be quite long. I also think that having your right foot turned clockwise by 45 degrees may actually make you run slower. To be an effective professional football player, I think having a reasonable amount of running speed and both feet pointing (roughly) in the same direction are pretty much necessities.

Thanks for your suggestion though :wink:

I don't think that this would be such a good idea.

I am sure that the recovery time from this type of surgery would be quite long. I also think that having your right foot turned clockwise by 45 degrees may actually make you run slower. To be an effective professional football player, I think having a reasonable amount of running speed and both feet pointing (roughly) in the same direction are pretty much necessities.

Thanks for your suggestion though :wink:

Fair enough Rick. Perhaps we could arrange for somebody to just slap him round the head every time he does it?! Soon knock it out of him :wink:

I'm not so sure that's a good idea either. When he runs quickly, his head looks ... well ... a bit loose.

What? Like his distribution?! :lol:

Not having a pop at the lad, he just frustrates the hell out of me with the amount of balls he seems to hook out of play.

What? Like his distribution?! :lol:

Not having a pop at the lad, he just frustrates the hell out of me with the amount of balls he seems to hook out of play.

To be fair, I think that you would probably hook your balls out of play if your head was loose, your right foot pointed towards your left foot, fans kept slapping you when you ran past them and then the manager sticks you on a rack as a new warm down technique!!

:huh:

To be fair, I think that you would probably hook your balls out of play if your head was loose, your right foot pointed towards your left foot, fans kept slapping you when you ran past them and then the manager sticks you on a rack as a new warm down technique!!

:huh:

Oi, what I'd do with my balls is none of you hooking business! :mad:

Yeah, nice one Kate Moss! Who do you think you are anyway? Wilson?

Like you don't need a mirror these days! :nnnng:

How very dare you?

I don't need a mirror :angry:

Mine are so full after 9 years of marriage, you can see them from the moon !! :shock:

How very dare you?

I don't need a mirror :angry:

Mine are so full after 9 years of marriage, you can see them from the moon !! :shock:

:shock:

Mind you, I can't talk. After 45 minutes of playing football in a blizard on Monday, mine have been signed off on the sick for three weeks.