Eardley yesterday

Anybody else notice Eardley yesterday..... its the last couple of minutes and our nervous looking keeper playing only his 3rd game for the club takes a goal kick and slips on his ar*e whilst kicking..... The ball goes straight to Jason Price with what looks like a clear run on goal, hearts are in the mouth but nothing comes of it.....

So Eardley decides to run 5-10 yards towards him pointing in his face and generally giving the lad a bol*ocking.... This really gets to me as apart from my own thoughts on him not being a suibtible captain he probably has the worst pass completion rate at the club.... The poor keeper slipped on his ar*e for gods sake. He needed encouragement not some jumped up 19 year old shouting in his face.. I would like to have seen him do that to any other player on the pitch - it would not have happened.

Please pass the armband onto Allott, a man who doesnt let his head drop after five minutes, he doesnt back chat the manager, he wouldnt dish out the sort of needless abuse to a 18 year old keeper....

Captain my ar*e

Anybody else notice Eardley yesterday..... its the last couple of minutes and our nervous looking keeper playing only his 3rd game for the club takes a goal kick and slips on his ar*e whilst kicking..... The ball goes straight to Jason Price with what looks like a clear run on goal, hearts are in the mouth but nothing comes of it.....

So Eardley decides to run 5-10 yards towards him pointing in his face and generally giving the lad a bol*ocking.... This really gets to me as apart from my own thoughts on him not being a suibtible captain he probably has the worst pass completion rate at the club.... The poor keeper slipped on his ar*e for gods sake. He needed encouragement not some jumped up 19 year old shouting in his face.. I would like to have seen him do that to any other player on the pitch - it would not have happened.

Please pass the armband onto Allott, a man who doesnt let his head drop after five minutes, he doesnt back chat the manager, he wouldnt dish out the sort of needless abuse to a 18 year old keeper....

Captain my ar*e

And if they would have scored from that chance...........

Ohhhhh it's all alright, we have thrown away a point but it was an accident so that makes it fine.

O'Donnell's next kick was perfect towards Leon Constantine in the Doncaster half.

Well done Eards - you did your job as Captain. :applause1:

Btw, have you noticed O'Donnell and his constant shouting at the defence? No? Well maybe you should as it is wonderful to see a young keeper dishing out the rollickings and organising his defence.

Still, the poor loves will be petrified about that nasty Sean Gregan coming back. Or will they actually just accept that this is part and parcel of football at any level?

I could have sworn that I saw (and heard) just the same in the Fans' Match prior to yesterday's game.

Half the reason I dont like him being captain is because of his age, a captain should demand a level of respect in the club that you cant get as a 19yr old IMO. Didnt see the incident myself so cant really comment on that but it certainly isnt a way to encourage your team. Probably getting his captaincy skills from Gregan but thats another argument.

O'Donnell's next kick was perfect towards Leon Constantine in the Doncaster half.

Well done Eards - you did your job as Captain. :applause1:

Btw, have you noticed O'Donnell and his constant shouting at the defence? No? Well maybe you should as it is wonderful to see a young keeper dishing out the rollickings and organising his defence.

Still, the poor loves will be petrified about that nasty Sean Gregan coming back. Or will they actually just accept that this is part and parcel of football at any level?

I could have sworn that I saw (and heard) just the same in the Fans' Match prior to yesterday's game.

The Keeper slipped.... A slip and Eardley laid into him!!! I am sure it was because of his captains outburst that he didnt slip over again :lol:

Greegan dishes out boll*ckings but he would not run 10 yards pointing in an 18 year olds face after he slipped over..... There have been plently of mistakes made over the last few weeks and not once have I seen Eardley jump to attention like yesterday.... He took the easy option at having a go at a player younger than him....

Would loved to have seen it if Crossley had of been in goal with Eardley pointing in his face..... It would not have happened

The Keeper slipped.... A slip and Eardley laid into him!!! I am sure it was because of his captains outburst that he didnt slip over again :lol:

Greegan dishes out boll*ckings but he would not run 10 yards pointing in an 18 year olds face after he slipped over..... There have been plently of mistakes made over the last few weeks and not once have I seen Eardley jump to attention like yesterday.... He took the easy option at having a go at a player younger than him....

Would loved to have seen it if Crossley had of been in goal with Eardley pointing in his face..... It would not have happened

I see. So Eardley (Captain and Full International) is a bully and is going around looking for those younger than him to pick on.

Priceless. :grin:

Half the reason I dont like him being captain is because of his age, a captain should demand a level of respect in the club that you cant get as a 19yr old IMO. Didnt see the incident myself so cant really comment on that but it certainly isnt a way to encourage your team. Probably getting his captaincy skills from Gregan but thats another argument.

So a 19 year old Wayne Rooney cannot be respected, just becasue he is 19? You're having a laugh aren't you?

Never said he was a Bully just pointing out there was no need for his outburst whilst also suggesting he would not have acted the same with Crossley...

He is captain and this has to be part of his job. I am sure that Eards would have felt that Crossley probably knows how to kick the ball without falling over (probably just to do with his age) :wink:

So a 19 year old Wayne Rooney cannot be respected, just becasue he is 19? You're having a laugh aren't you?

No but generally you pick a captain that other players look up to. I dont care how good you are at the age of 19, you would never have seen a proper leader looking up to a young player. Im trying to not be taken out of context here. Just like the original OP mentioned Eardley would never have had a proper pop at someone like Crossley, rightly or wrongly is not what Im debating, just giving my view on how the choice of captain comes out and IMO alot of it comes down to experience, someone who can stand up at half time infront of the lads and say Ive been in this position before boy, this is what we do from here on etc....

How about this for a conspiracy, we can say that Eardley regularly captained our side at the tender age of 19, which would surely add extra £ to the deal we get for him in the summer. :mmm:

Isn't that one of those conspiracies that everybody knows about?

Incidentally, I heard that Eardley gave O'Donnell Chinese burns after the game and stole his dinner money.

Isn't that one of those conspiracies that everybody knows about?

Incidentally, I heard that Eardley gave O'Donnell Chinese burns after the game and stole his dinner money.

What's more, he used some of that dinner money to bribe Sean Gregan into doing the same to Mark Crossley.

Gregan just disappeared to the chippy with the cash though apparently.

What's more, he used some of that dinner money to bribe Sean Gregan into doing the same to Mark Crossley.

Gregan just disappeared to the chippy with the cash though apparently.

Was this before or after eating BB80's cat? And will he still be fresh after playing for Wales as an unused sub? :grin:

Was this before or after eating BB80's cat? And will he still be fresh after playing for Wales as an unused sub? :grin:

I thought it was Ricketts who ate BB80's cat? :grin:

Wasn't the Eardley "cat" eating thing just a bit of mis-translation following an encounter with one of the Welsh Football Team Groupies in Germany?

:)

Captain my ar*e

Its this over reaction by fans to every single incident which now happens on the pitch which is turning this season into a joke!!

Shock Horror captain nearly :censored: keeper for throwing away a point...wheres your post titled "Hazell Yesterday" did you see him disgracefully shouting at 20 year old Lomax when we let in the goal how dare he do that he should be encouraging the young player.

Its this over reaction by fans to every single incident which now happens on the pitch which is turning this season into a joke!!

Shock Horror captain nearly :censored: keeper for throwing away a point...wheres your post titled "Hazell Yesterday" did you see him disgracefully shouting at 20 year old Lomax when we let in the goal how dare he do that he should be encouraging the young player.

I did not see the Hazell incident - tell me did he run over to lomax, finger pointing and shouting within a foot of his face

I have no issue with players shouting at each other or encouraging each other and realise this is part and parcel.....

My issue with Eardley was more the way it was done... Yes the Goalie had just slipped and nearly cost us but I 100% believe that if any other player on the pitch had of made a similar error he would not have raced over to them in the manner he did pointing his finger in their face....

Ruben cost us at Luton I did not see him running over to him after he conceded a penalty... If before the end of the season I see another silly mistake by a Latics player and I see the same aggression from Eardley towards any player then I will take it all back. Some how I doubt it though.....

Ruben cost us at Luton I did not see him running over to him after he conceded a penalty... If before the end of the season I see another silly mistake by a Latics player and I see the same aggression from Eardley towards any player then I will take it all back. Some how I doubt it though.....

Fair play he might not get so aggresive with other players as he would probably get some back but i really dont see how players and managers shouting at each other has suddenly become such an issue this season, its always gone on and always will, its part and parcel of football.