question....

Does anybody know what league position latics were in when Chris Moore sacked Andy Richie as manager? I wasn't around at the time but my mate insists we were top of the table <_<

we were top of the table, but then lost four on the bounce before winning in the ldv. if memory serves, we had dropped to the edge of the playoff places by then.

cheers fellas. common sense tells you no manager is going to be sacked whilst top of the league. cant wait to rub my mates nose in it.

any other manager in any other season wouldnt have been sacked, but it was obvious from day 1 moore wanted rid of ritchie

Speaking of that season I came across this link http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...7~16374,00.html

Why o why I stayed till the end Ill never know. Was worth being their just for the lad who ran and through the burger into Campbells face when he scored his 1st. By the sound of the match report we had more than enough chances, only for Allan Smart ( suprise suprise ) to balls em all up

We are all fully aware of what happened between Moore and Ritchie and the unfathomable decision to employ Mick "beats workin' down pit" Wadsworth, but just remember the Dowie season!

Shame it brought on the nightmare months.

KEEP THE FAITH