Lee Hughes was scoring week in week out when he was fit. I meant at the start of the season before Lee Hughes came we were not scoring many beacause we did not have anyone scoring week in week out.

Although 8 goals in 18 isn't bad, it's not week in week out.

Porter between 2nd September 2006 and January 1st 2007 18 goals in 22 appearnces in all comps, nearest w've had in a long time.

From scoring his first goal on November 24th and his last of the season vs Brighton on 12th January. Hughes scored 8 in 13 and a bit, if you include Carlisle. Get him fit give him the service and i'm sure he'll surpass the 23 Porter got and even the best I HAVE ever known, the 28 Stitch got in 89/90.

Edited by oafcprozac

Erm, I'm sorry but that is just balls. The only team that signed a load of players before Porter and Wellens deserted were Port Vale and Forrest. Port Vale are bottom of the league and Forrest are seriously under performing.

Davies, Hughes, Ricketts and Kilkenny at the time were regarded as superb replacements for the departing 2. On paper I don't think we could have got better players in if we had tried. In all honesty, the only one who didn't come off was Ricketts and we shipped him out asap.

Shez in!!! I can't believe people want to see the back of him.

Vale set their stalls out for relegation by signing half the non league players in hope they'd turn out to be Fitz Halls or Wayne Andrews type scenarios...

Sadly not since this time last year :(

Lol...seriously? Like vs Bristol City at home? Or Bradford away? etc. Longer than that I'm afraid.....There's been the sporadic game of decent football this season to be fair.....Tranmere and Leeds away come to mind.........but decent football consistently ended with the Forest home game last season on Jan 1st. Swansea away the only exception in 4mths.

However, the only regular decent football in Shez's reign has been a 3 month spell last season coinciding with McDonanld and Lids best spells. Other than that it's nothing other than a mish mash and at times, resultless football (usually in the first 2 mths meaning we give ourselves a mountain.) I'm not arsed about entertainment personally....the rules haven't changed in football, you don't get more points for entertaining. I want us up.....then we can begin entertaining at a fianacially viable level for our club.