Reluctant to have a shot.

Has anyone else on here noticed a reluctance on the part of our players to have a shot at goal. I don't just mean the strikers... McDonald and Allott both had opportunities to have a punt on Satdi against Millwall. Smalley seemed to look for any alternative rather than the shot and Jarrett preferred to look for the pass every time, even though it opened up for him on at least three occasions.

Was it the same against Donny? I heard that Smalley had a couple of chances late on but wouldn't have a go. I couldn't get there because my family insisted on me celebrating my 50th with them instead of letting me go to the footy. Miseries!!!!

Reluctant to have a shot or not prepared to waste the ball ?

It has looked at times like certain players aren't really looking to get a shot away. It's a fine line between not wanting to waste it and not wanting to look like a plank if you scuff it or find row Z, I like to see forward players wanting to shoot when they are in range.

if wolfy had a crack from where he was on monday and missed he instantly would have been a greedy **** for not playing someone in. you know what our fans are like!

Just like Craig Davies (STILL leading goalscorer) was pilloried on here for being "greedy" you mean?

It has looked at times like certain players aren't really looking to get a shot away. It's a fine line between not wanting to waste it and not wanting to look like a plank if you scuff it or find row Z, I like to see forward players wanting to shoot when they are in range.

If thats the case then surly the answer must be for the manager to encourage them to shoot more often and not to worry if the boo boys groan if it goes in row z you cannot win the raffle if yuo dont buy a ticket.

Chris Taylor usually has a go when the opportunity arises and he is never pilloried for doing so. There were a couple of occasions last Satdi when Allott and Jarratt both had opportunities but didn't take them, even though many fans were shouting at them to have a go. It is not a criticism, more an indication of a lack of confidence or fear of failure. I for one would like to see a shoot on sight policy (like Chrissy Taylor). as someone has already said. If you don't have a shy... You can't win a cocomut.

Edited by happyterryb

Just like Craig Davies (STILL leading goalscorer) was pilloried on here for being "greedy" you mean?

Nobody has pilloried Davies for having a shot at goal. He was called greedy for not looking up and seeing a player in a better goal scoring position.

Taylor’s shooting is a mystery to me. He does get quite a few away, he usually seems to make good contact and gets on target, I never expect to see it go in and I am really wrong in that expectation. Maybe he needs to take more of a chance and go for the top corner more (cue tulsehill talking crap about how players only go for the whole goal from distance) or more power, even if that makes him miss some badly?