2008 Dream Team

Seeing we already have a thread for the '08 dreamteam of this season - i'd rather look forward to the 08/09 season... lets have your best guess starting 11 for next year.. and if theres a position/player you want replacing - you have to give a suggestion for who should play there!! (lets keep it realistic!!)

Heres my shout...

GK: Carlo Nash

RB: Kelvin Lomax

CB: The Mighty G ©

CB: Ruuubbbes

LB: Stuart Giddings

RW: The Ginger prince

LW: Danny Schofield

CM: Fabian Yantorno

CM: Mark Allott

CF: Hughesy!

CF: Craig Davies

Subs:

- Macca

- Jarrett

- Livermore

- Alessandra

- Leon Clarke

- Black

- Norm

Squad: Smalley, JP, Kilcourse, Bell, Chambers,

In: Nash (Free), Schofield (free), Yantorno (free), Giddings (Free), Jarrett (free), Livermore (£50k), Clarke (£250k),

Sold: Eardley £500k

Ballboy: Lids

MANAGER: J Sheridan (and his promotion bus - beep beep!)

Thoughts.... for me that team would batter this division - and have the strength in depth we now lack...

Seeing we already have a thread for the '08 dreamteam of this season - i'd rather look forward to the 08/09 season... lets have your best guess starting 11 for next year.. and if theres a position/player you want replacing - you have to give a suggestion for who should play there!! (lets keep it realistic!!)

Heres my shout...

Subs:

- Macca

- Jarrett

- Livermore

- Alessandra

- Leon Clarke

- Black

- Norm

In: Nash (Free), Schofield (free), Yantorno (free), Giddings (Free), Jarrett (free), Livermore (£50k), Clarke (£250k),

Thoughts.... for me that team would batter this division - and have the strength in depth we now lack...

Carlo nash is a very good call, but where is he? havent heard anything of him for ages. I wouldnt get rid of eardley, and i wouldnt sign clarke as i really dont rate him. mine would be

RB: Eardley

CB: Stam

CB: Hazell

LB: Stuart Giddings Or Kelvin Lomax, what with the question mark over Giddings fitness

RW: A Certain Strawberry Blonde

LW: Danny Schofield Good call this one, i like him. Livermore would be a good capture in that position as well tho

CF: Craig Davies or Allessandra. im still unconvinced when it comes to Davies. his inability to bring others into play lets him down

Since when have you been allowed 7 subs? thought the new rule next year was for prem clubs only?

Carlo nash is a very good call, but where is he? havent heard anything of him for ages. I wouldnt get rid of eardley, and i wouldnt sign clarke as i really dont rate him. mine would be

CB: Stam

LB: Stuart Giddings Or Kelvin Lomax, what with the question mark over Giddings fitness

RW: A Certain Strawberry Blonde

LW: Danny Schofield Good call this one, i like him. Livermore would be a good capture in that position as well tho

CF: Craig Davies or Allessandra. im still unconvinced when it comes to Davies. his inability to bring others into play lets him down

Since when have you been allowed 7 subs? thought the new rule next year was for prem clubs only?

GK - Paul Smith

RB - Lomax

LB - Giddings

CB - Ruubs

CB - Gregan

LW - Danny Schofield - would be a great signing

RW - Taylor

CM - Yantoro

CM - Allott

FC - Hughes

FC - Davies

We certainly need another striker on top of these Hughes & Davies, Lewis could do a job but i'm not sure Hughes even when fully fit could last the whole season. I've not been convinced about Lewis's ability to find the net either, he looks more like a provider (attacking midfilder) than an out an out striker.

Edited by Amsterdam_Blue

GK: Rob Elliott (from Charlton Res's)[but Nash would be nice too]

RB: Neil Eardley

CB: Greegs ©

LB: Stuart Giddings (for a free & if fitness can be proved, then great)

RW: Chrisy Taylor

LW: LLoyd Dyer or Jay Simpson from Millwall

CM: Fabian Yantorno (yeah like the sound of that!) or Cox from Brighton

CF: Hughesy

CF: Alessandra

Subs:

- Macca (quality squad player, worth his weight in gold)

- Jarrett (if he'll sign as a squad, not starting player)

- Craig Davis (will be quality as a make the difference player we've been crying out for)

- Smalley (see Macca)

- Lomax (as above, but slots straight in if Giddings doesn't sign)

- Norm (as back-up & coach)

Squad: JP (if he'll stay as squad), Black & the kids (Kilcourse, Bell, Chambers)

Heres my shout...

Subs:

- Macca

- Jarrett

- Livermore

- Alessandra

- Leon Clarke

- Black

- Norm

Clarke - £250K to sit on the bench??!!!!!!!

You are having a laugh surely.

KtF,

Derek.

what about stam?

:D

Ha Ha.... i knew I'd miss out someone!!! er.... Injured??? On the bench for me....

Derek - as you well know, he wouldnt be on the bench for Long, between Hughes, Davies and Clarke we would get 50 goals next year - Clarke or davies alongside Hughes would do just fine....

what about stam?

IMO too many mistakes.

i think we will see leon clarke here next season. he said whilst on loan at southend he'd ''never go back to sheffield wednesday'' it was only due to their injurys he did, and i think the reason shez did'nt buy him in Jan was because he knew he needed a knee operation (hence why he hasnt spent the 'money availible' on anybody else)

leon would score for fun here next year!

GK: matt gilks- never gets a game at norwich and im sure he wanted us to go for him- realistic

LW: chris shuker

Subs:

Macca

Livermore

constantine

Norm

stam

GK: Rob Elliott (from Charlton Res's)[but Nash would be nice too]

RB: Neil Eardley

CB: Greegs ©

LB: Stuart Giddings (for a free & if fitness can be proved, then great)

RW: Chrisy Taylor

LW: LLoyd Dyer or Jay Simpson from Millwall

CM: Fabian Yantorno (yeah like the sound of that!) or Cox from Brighton

CF: Hughesy

CF: Alessandra

Subs:

- Macca (quality squad player, worth his weight in gold)

- Jarrett (if he'll sign as a squad, not starting player)

- Craig Davis (will be quality as a make the difference player we've been crying out for)

- Smalley (see Macca)

- Lomax (as above, but slots straight in if Giddings doesn't sign)

- Norm (as back-up & coach)

Squad: JP (if he'll stay as squad), Black & the kids (Kilcourse, Bell, Chambers)

Hasn't cox left Brighton?

Lloyd Dyer? Is he the one from Southampton?

If so he'll fit right in coz he's just been nicked for theiving with Wright-Phillips (the crap one).

GK: matt gilks- never gets a game at norwich and im sure he wanted us to go for him- realistic

LW: chris shuker

Subs:

Macca

Livermore

constantine

Norm

stam

Shuker is an interesting shout... great player, methinks the bindippers would not want to lose him... but I have a feeling he is out of contract at the ned of the season... great player at this level...

GK: Darren Randolph (Loan)

CB: Gregan

LB: Lomax

RW: Taylor

LW: Livermore (Signed)

CM: Fabian Yantorno (Signed)

CF: Hughes

CF: Davies

Subs:

Crossley

Stam

Thompson

Jarrett (Signed)

Smalley

Alessandra

Released MacDonald, Kalala, Liddell.

That's three in, three out and a guy on loan. Won't cost anything more than the current squad due to losing Liddell's wage and should keep things fairly settled. We won't have injuries like this year next year, surely?

Shuker is an interesting shout... great player, methinks the bindippers would not want to lose him... but I have a feeling he is out of contract at the ned of the season... great player at this level...

his attitude stinks tho, and if i remember correctly didnt endear himself to the chaddy end after he scored for Barnsley a few years back. good player but i wouldnt want him.

shuker and taylor is really what we need possibly the missing link to our attacking play, who cares what happened when he scored for barnsley that happens all the time, ricketts scored against walsall this season give their fans :censored: and then played for them

his attitude stinks tho, and if i remember correctly didnt endear himself to the chaddy end after he scored for Barnsley a few years back. good player but i wouldnt want him.

shuker and taylor is really what we need possibly the missing link to our attacking play, who cares what happened when he scored for barnsley that happens all the time, ricketts scored against walsall this season give their fans :censored: and then played for them

I think most of our lot would like it for one reason alone. To beat the trannies with.

Chris Shuker = Clint Hill?

I think you've got to be looking at at least a 20 man squad, with cover in each position.

GK = Crossley/A.N.Other

DR = Eardley/Lomax

DL = A.N.Other/Lomax

DC = Gregan/Hazell/Stam/Thompson

wingers = Taylor/Livermore/A.N.Other/Smalley

MC = Allott/McDonald/Jarrett/Livermore

SC = Hughes/Davies/Lewis/Smalley/A.N.Other

Which gives you 20 assuming we sign Jarrett and Livermore (don't think we will) plus 4 others.

His attitude reminds me a lot of a certain Mr Wellens when he played for the lashers.... changed the tune when he played for us.... then we changed it back again....

Its amazing the wonders of pulling on your own teams shirt can do for your liking of a player... Shuker is quality at this level - anyone in this division would want him in their team....

Hasn't cox left Brighton?

Lloyd Dyer? Is he the one from Southampton?

If so he'll fit right in coz he's just been nicked for theiving with Wright-Phillips (the crap one).

Nah thats NATHAN DYER who's been done for being a tea leaf with young Bradley Wright, LLoyd Dyer is currently pulling up trees with MK Franchise Dons, sweet left peg and bags a pace - me likey!!!!!

His attitude reminds me a lot of a certain Mr Wellens when he played for the lashers.... changed the tune when he played for us.... then we changed it back again....

Its amazing the wonders of pulling on your own teams shirt can do for your liking of a player... Shuker is quality at this level - anyone in this division would want him in their team....

I'd draw the line at signing shuker..i hate the little sod!!! Granted a good league 1 player, but i've never liked the little dwarf one bit.........one of my favourite rants at oppsition players was aimed at shuker vs the bin dippers last season, he copped that much from the lookers paddock during a break in play that he swapped wings, then got subbed off! loved it!!

GK: Darren Randolph (Loan)

CB: Gregan

LB: Lomax

RW: Taylor

LW: Livermore (Signed)

CM: Fabian Yantorno (Signed)

CF: Hughes

CF: Davies

Subs:

Crossley

Stam

Thompson

Jarrett (Signed)

Smalley

Alessandra

Released MacDonald, Kalala, Liddell.

That's three in, three out and a guy on loan. Won't cost anything more than the current squad due to losing Liddell's wage and should keep things fairly settled. We won't have injuries like this year next year, surely?

I can't believe that people would release McDonald! He is exactly the type of steady squad player that we should be keeping in our squad, particularly when injuries and suspensions bite. People have been complaining about us not having any strength in depth this year and then we're saying we should release one of our most consistent squad players, who (according to Shez) is a model pro, works his balls off in training and hasn't griped about being dropped/played out of position on the right etc.

Edited by danoafc

I can't see Livermoore going anywhere with the idea of sitting on the bench, and I doubt he'd be looking for that level of wage either. I would certainly like to see him join us next year though. Him and Ratman could work in midfield I think, neither is a playmaker as such but they can both do all aspects of the job to a decent level. Agree with Dan about McDonald BTW - an excellent squad player, indeed one of the better right backs we've had in the last decade (and there have been some pretty bad ones).