England

Dear god....

People will point to it being "better" but seriously that was awful by top class international standards....

You mentalist this off topic, it HAS to go in the right area or the forum will break into chaos!! Help, HELP!!! MODS!!! QUICK!!!!

I agree though some of em need to take a look at em selves. Ashley Cole cannot cross for s*** for starters but at least we looked better than we had under McClaren, there was a hint of a gameplan at least.

I think while we called players like Downing England internationals we simply just have to accept we simply dont posses the players capable of qauilifying let alone winning anything...

it was better though....due to decent manager...but a manger can only do so much...

I think while we called players like Downing England internationals we simply just have to accept we simply dont posses the players capable of qauilifying let alone winning anything...

it was better though....due to decent manager...but a manger can only do so much...

Agreed...

Not sure Barry or Crouch are international level either...

Listening to Paddy Power on TalkSport tonight and he said Ribery was 10/1 - wish I'd got on that

Just looking at tonights sqaud and based on international performances I have seen them play. There just is too many players in that sqaud who arent international class.

World class (if you use them right)

Owen (Give him service and he will score)

Rooney

International Class - Good

Terry

Beckham (Was world class - still delivered more useful balls than any other player today)

International Class - Alright

Ferdinand

Hardgreaves

Cole

Crouch

Lescott

Gerrard

Not International Class

James

Cole

Barry

Walcott

Downing

Bentley (Some people think he is the next Beckham - im yet to see that)

Bridge

Johnson

Green

Robinson

Edited by oafc0000

You mentalist this off topic, it HAS to go in the right area or the forum will break into chaos!! Help, HELP!!! MODS!!! QUICK!!!!

I agree though some of em need to take a look at em selves. Ashley Cole cannot cross for s*** for starters but at least we looked better than we had under McClaren, there was a hint of a gameplan at least.

Phew! Thanks for flagging it up, LL. Now moved. :wink:

Don't you understand? It's always the manager's fault. We used to be world champions you know?

CAPELLO OUT

:lol:

Manager accounts for about 20% of the performance....the rest is made up with Skill of the player, form and how much they want it....

Mclearn wasnt good enough....but nither are the players....

Just looking at tonights sqaud and based on international performances I have seen them play. There just is too many players in that sqaud who arent international class.

World class (if you use them right)

Owen (Give him service and he will score)

Rooney

International Class - Good

Terry

Beckham (Was world class - still delivered more useful balls than any other player today)

International Class - Alright

Ferdinand

Hardgreaves

Cole

Crouch

Lescott

Gerrard

Not International Class

James

Cole

Barry

Walcott

Downing

Bentley (Some people think he is the next Beckham - im yet to see that)

Bridge

Johnson

Green

Robinson

Well I didnt watch tonight but you can move John Terry down that list for a start - and Gerrard up. James, Barry and Cole are decent. Bentley is a good player but not quite in the Beckham mould. Did you know his parents are from Rochdale?

:lol:

Manager accounts for about 20% of the performance....the rest is made up with Skill of the player, form and how much they want it....

mind telling that to all the shez outers?

we didnt look like winning it, we dont really have some players who stand out as much as other top internationals players ie brazxil with ronaldhino and france with ribery, rooney and owen could possibly get there but not there yet

Well I didnt watch tonight but you can move John Terry down that list for a start - and Gerrard up. James, Barry and Cole are decent. Bentley is a good player but not quite in the Beckham mould. Did you know his parents are from Rochdale?

I'd be shifting both Cole's up that list as they are two of our only three really good players - Rooney being the other.

John Terry can drop off the bottom of the whole list. Stevie Me can :censored: off and die.

My problem with them is I actually don't really like many of them. They've no respect for the game or people in it.

Ashley Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard. Herberts.

Then we have Downing, Crouch, Brown who whilst being good aren't near the required standard but seem to be all we have. I think the only ones in there on merit for me would be Bentley, Lescott, Barry, James.

If anyone can explain Hargreaves sudden disinterest after 80 minutes I'd be happy to hear it.

At least we got the 100th cap for Beckham out of the way. Sad thing is maybe he shouldn't be with England but even being semi retired he still picked out more passes than many of his full time team mates.

My problem with them is I actually don't really like many of them. They've no respect for the game or people in it.

Ashley Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard. Herberts.

I think the only ones in there on merit for me would be Bentley...

Bentley goes in the first list. He's shown he cares nothing for England and should never be allowed near an international side again.