Loan Players.

Ok, boys and girls! Let's all put aside our varying differences on Shez, the owners and Alan Hardy (ok, just a bit on him) and stop the backstabbing, throat cutting, mob lynching etc. that goes under the guise of opinions.

Who, of the loan players we've got now and who we had earlier in the season would you make a bid for and sign? Let's be realistic here - we are not going to get Bertrand.

Constantine - would be available because MacAllister is looking for new forwards.

Kilkenny again - won't be at Leeds if they don't go up.

Giddings.

Jarrett.

Livermore.

Beresford.

O'Donnell.

KEEP THE FAITH

Ok, boys and girls! Let's all put aside our varying differences on Shez, the owners and Alan Hardy (ok, just a bit on him) and stop the backstabbing, throat cutting, mob lynching etc. that goes under the guise of opinions.

Who, of the loan players we've got now and who we had earlier in the season would you make a bid for and sign? Let's be realistic here - we are not going to get Bertrand.

Constantine - would be available because MacAllister is looking for new forwards.

Giddings.

Jarrett.

Livermore.

Beresford.

O'Donnell.

KEEP THE FAITH

None IMHO i think the closest i would possibly give a contract to would have been Stuart Giddings purely because he didnt do much wrong and we could do with a steady left back along with lomax to fight for the left back spot.

Constantine - not what we will be looking for when davies, hughes, allessandra are fit. A big bustling forward will be looked for (like ricketts was supposed to be. I didnt personally think he did too badly)

Kilkenny - Even though he can produce the odd touch of class and i think he would thrive in a successful team where confidence is oozing all around him. We can't keep putting him up until that big club comes to snatch him away. Would only sign him if he agreed to a 4 year contract, where if he did bugger off would get some mega dough for him.

Jarrett - from what i have seen he is only average slightly better than kalala but no better than allott a lot better out ther imo.

Livermore - Again from what i have seen he is only average a good utility player who seems to be steady wherever he goes but never going to shine in a game. Maybe worth a year on a low contract for desperetae times.

Beresford - Was good but i would honestly keep Crossley for one more year and get a middle aged (in goal keeper terms) about 25 years old to be his understudy.

O'Donnel- Not done too badly bar the odd slip up here and there and wouldnt be too bothered if he was our back up keeper next year but his positioning is a little worry and i think maybe we could get better in.

Giddings.

Jarrett.

Livermore.

Beresford.

O'Donnell.

KEEP THE FAITH

Constantine - No (not what we are looking for)

Kilkenny - No (very disappointing in the main during his second spell with us, certainly no Wellens)

Giddings - No (did okay for us, but I wouldn't be desperate to get him back)

Jarrett - No (very similar to Kalala, not as good as Allott and not a playmaker)

Livermore - Yes (genuinely left footed and versatile, gives the team balance and a reliable performer at this level)

Beresford - No (did really well for us but no younger than Crossley)

O'Donnell - Undecided (we definately need another keeper alongside Crossley, this lad could be a possibility, need to see more of him between now and the end of the season).

Constantine - No. Wouldn't last long as he has already got the crowd on his back for being very lazy. Plus he probably wouldn't be a first teamer and wouldn't want to be a part timer.

Kilkenny - Wouldn't think we can get, but if we could then most certainly yes.

Giddings - No. Too injury prone.

Jarrett - IMO him or MacDonald come the end of the season.

Livermore - Yes. He's left footed :OldhamSheridan fainting smiley:. I also reckon he could be instrumental in getting Taylor in his right position.

Beresford - No. Too old.

O'Donnell - No. Too young. More experience required.

Robertson - Yes. This lad I liked the look of, and would be a step up from what we have for cover for Davies and Hughes. Just how injured was he?

Robertson - Yes. This lad I liked the look of, and would be a step up from what we have for cover for Davies and Hughes. Just how injured was he?

I think allessandra has done well though, I would prefer allessandra to robertson, plus robertson is still wanted by his club, hes just a bit inexperienced at the mo, thus why they are loaning him out

Id like to see Giddings here next season. Not too keen on O'donnel but thats mainly because weve got two youth goalkeepers already. I think we could do with a late 20s early 30s goal keeper...and although I thought he did a great job for us and I really like him, I dont think Beresford's what we need.

Don't really rate Constantine but I liked the look of Robertson.

Think Jarrets a good player - can hold up the ball well. He'd be good coming off the bench I think.

And we'd never get Kilkenny back but if its true and we have signed that Fabian Yantorno I dont think we need to.

Deffo keep Livermore - plays well in midfield and good cover for centerhalf but just dont play him at rightback...

Giddings.

Jarrett.

Livermore.

O'Donnell.

Robertson

KEEP THE FAITH

Just looking through this list - and to be honest - I would take them all, think every one improves the squad, or has the potential to if fully fit ... however I would hightly doubt whether they are all available...

Constantine - He is a good player, his goals show that - however he is unfit, and doesnt look like he is bothered - if he gets good service he would be clinical

Kilkenny - Has the potential to be great - and if anyone saw the Leeds V Walsall game he showed everything we are misisng in the team - amazing passing...

Giddings - The best full back we have seen all season at this level - stronger and more solid than bertrand

Jarrett - I like this guy - dont really know why, but he has everything in his game, but again looks unfit and tired - potentially better than Macca, JP & Allott

Livermore - solid, decent pro - i'd sign him for his left foot and versatility on its own..

O'Donnell - terrible positioning, but great potential - could eb great with help from Norm...

Robertson - Thought he was brilliant at vale - think he is going to be a great player ina couple of years...

All would add to our side... but cant see all being available - especially Kilkenny or Robertson... in turn atention is then turned to leon Clarke, and The Uruguayan from gretna...

Constantine - Yes, he can be a very good player at our level and is a proven goalscorer in this league. He is recovering from injury at the moment which is why we probably haven't see him at his best

Kilkenny - No

Giddings - Yes, obvously Bertrand would be better but i think Giddings could be a very good player for us, Wasn't he only on loan to us to get his fitness back after injury?

Jarrett - Yes, instead of Kalala. Allott or Jarrett alongside McDonald or a creative midfielder should we sign one

Livermore - I'm not sure he would be willing to drop to league one permanently but even if he is i would prefer us to sign an out and out left winger and a left back. Livermore seems to be better in the middle and i don't think he would be first choice there

Beresford - He did well but i think a younger keeper and Crossley would be better

O'Donnell - He seems ok but someone with slightly more experience to fight with Crossley for a starting place would be better, we already have Bell and Ollerenshaw

Robertson - I liked the look of him, shame he got injured. I'm not sure if we could get him but if we could he would be a good signing and would enable us to loan one of other young strikers out which i think they need

I cannot belive some latics fans.

Why on earth would you not want us to sign Constantine? For god sake the man scored how many goals in this league for Port Fail last season?

Your all insane. I'd sign him in a second if he was available at the end of the season, hopefully he would be interested in signing for us unless the boo boys get their wish. Lazy, LOL, he's only played about 10 games all season. Quality one that.

I cannot belive some latics fans.

Why on earth would you not want us to sign Constantine? For god sake the man scored how many goals in this league for Port Fail last season?

Your all insane. I'd sign him in a second if he was available at the end of the season, hopefully he would be interested in signing for us unless the boo boys get their wish. Lazy, LOL, he's only played about 10 games all season. Quality one that.

For exactly the same reason people dont want us to sign Clarke, or wanted rid of Ricketts (for footballing reasons ONLY!) .... because despite scoring hat-fulls of goals, they expect reasonable service, and wont spend all day chasing lost causes like a headless chicken.... and despite being big lads - expect service to thier feet and not 20 feet in the air...

Unfortunateky there are far too many people who want average 'tryers' - rather than accomplished goalscorers... and decide to blame them, rather than the average players we have in midfield...

I cannot believe some latics fans.

The fans are already at him. He has shown at Vale that he doesn't like that and wanted out due to that reason alone.

Why did their fans boo him? Because he was lazy. That's a lazy fully fit Constantine.

He does score goals, but is that the only consideration when it is likely he will want away after a couple of games due to the dogs abuse he will receive (don't think he will come anyway beacause as I have mentioned he is already receiving it).

For exactly the same reason people dont want us to sign Clarke, or wanted rid of Ricketts (for footballing reasons ONLY!) .... because despite scoring hat-fulls of goals, they expect reasonable service, and wont spend all day chasing lost causes like a headless chicken.... and despite being big lads - expect service to thier feet and not 20 feet in the air...

Unfortunateky there are far too many people who want average 'tryers' - rather than accomplished goalscorers... and decide to blame them, rather than the average players we have in midfield...

Completely agree Bigfin, same old garbage from some fans mouths. I respect everyone's opinion on this board but it's hard sometimes to take people seriously. Some people say Davies is greedy and doesn't pass, Clarke is unfit and lazy, Constantine is lazy, Ricketts (although i was happy to see him go) is lazy etc...

Latics fans perfect striker,

Not greedy, can pass, scores goals, runs around like a headless chicken, can head the ball, can shoot, can create and never get's injured.

I reckon we'd only need a couple of million for this perfect striker, get your wallets out TTA, surely our crowds should pay for this perfect striker? :shock:

The fans are already at him. He has shown at Vale that he doesn't like that and wanted out due to that reason alone.

Why did their fans boo him? Because he was lazy. That's a lazy fully fit Constantine.

He does score goals, but is that the only consideration when it is likely he will want away after a couple of games due to the dogs abuse he will receive (don't think he will come anyway beacause as I have mentioned he is already receiving it).

And i bet Port Vale are glad he went aren't they. Same as some of our fans, if their not like Paul Warne (little talent but runs alot) then they're rubbish.

Lord help him if he does sign, he'll be the one to get abuse next season.

Constantine - If we can't get Clarke then I would definitely try and get him. Ok he's not fit but after a full pre-season he will be. Good feet and as he proved on Saturday a good header of the ball. Would the boo-boys give him a chance? Not so sure.

Kilkenny - No, one trick show pony. Wasn't Wellens biggest fan either but Richie has three times the influence of Mr. 'Me, me, me' I super KK will win this game on my own!'

Giddings - Was steady but i'm sure there are few of similar stature and ability out there. One thing is for sure we need a left-back!

Jarrett - Big and strong, ok he's not been great since his first two or three appearances but having hardly played another one who would benefit from a full pre-season. Knows what it takes to be promoted.

Livermore - Utility players are worth their weight in gold and another one who has won things.

Beresford - Did a good tob but sadly too old, as this season has proved stop-gaps more often than not bit yer on yer arse!

O'Donnell - Not sure, season long loan perhaps. looks a decent enough shot-stopper, teach him how to position himself when big Millwall strikers maraude through your defence and he could be a good 'un.

Robertson - Difficult one this, saw him as sub for Northampton and his fleeting appearances for us. Seems to have something but if it was at the expense of Lewi's development then no.

Edited by oafcprozac