Away Grounds watching Latics

Right I'm fed up with all this doom & gloom on here.

Not sure if this has been done previously as I'm fairly new to this site but here goes anyway.

Of the current teams in the Premier, Championship, League 1 & League 2 which grounds (old or new) have you watched the mighty Latics in a competitive game. (Rules - It doesn't count if you went for a jolly, or rugby match, or a conference or you drive past it in the morning or whatever, you had to be there to watch a Latics match).

I was quite surprised how many I have been to (I must be getting old) but I still have some way to go to complete the lot

(wife & kids permitting?).

I think we will have to get relegated to do that or the likes of Rochdale ( :grin: Lol) & Chester will have to get promoted?

By my reckoning there are 16 teams I have not seen us play away at either old or new grounds & a further 15 new grounds that I have not been to yet.

Premier League

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Man City (old yes, new no), West Ham, Tottenham, Middlesborough (old yes, new no), Newcastle, Wigan (old yes, new no), Reading (old yes, new no), Sunderland (old yes, new no), Birmingham, Bolton (old yes, new no), Fulham, Derby (old yes, new yes).

Championship

Stoke (old yes, new yes), Bristol City, Hull City (old yes, new no), Watford, West Brom, Plymouth, Ipswich, C.Palace, Wolves, Charlton (Selhurst Park yes, Valley no), Burnley, Sheff Utd, Cardiff (no), QPR, Preston, Blackpool, Norwich, Barnsley, Southampton (old yes, new no), Coventry (old yes, new no), Leicester (old yes, new no), Sheff Wed, Scunthorpe (old no, new yes), Colchester.

League 1

Swansea (old no, new no), Carlisle (no), Doncaster (old yes, new no), Forest, Southend (no), Brighton (old yes, new? ...Withdene yes), Tranmere, Leeds Utd, Walsall (old yes, new no), Leyton Orient, Oldham, Northampton (old no, new yes), Hartlepool (no), Huddersfield (old yes, new yes), Swindon, Yeovil (no), Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers (Bath City yes, Memorial Ground yes, Eastville no), Millwall (old yes, new no), Crewe Alex, Gillingham (no), Bournemouth, Luton, Port Vale.

League 2

MK Dons (no), Peterborough, Hereford (no), Darlington (old yes, new no), Stockport, Wycombe, Chesterfield, Rochdale (no), Grimsby, Brentford (no), Morecambe (no), Rotherham, Bradford C, Lincoln C (no), Bury, Barnet (no), Accrington Stanley (no), Shrewsbury (no), Chester (no), Dag & Redbridge (no), Macclesfield, Notts Co, Mansfield, Wrexham.

Right I'm fed up with all this doom & gloom on here.

Not sure if this has been done previously as I'm fairly new to this site but here goes anyway.

Of the current teams in the Premier, Championship, League 1 & League 2 which grounds (old or new) have you watched the mighty Latics in a competitive game. (Rules - It doesn't count if you went for a jolly, or rugby match, or a conference or you drive past it in the morning or whatever, you had to be there to watch a Latics match).

I was quite surprised how many I have been to (I must be getting old) but I still have some way to go to complete the lot

(wife & kids permitting?).

I think we will have to get relegated to do that or the likes of Rochdale ( :grin: Lol) & Chester will have to get promoted?

By my reckoning there are 16 teams I have not seen us play away at either old or new grounds & a further 15 new grounds that I have not been to yet.

Premier League

Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Man City (old yes, new no), West Ham, Tottenham, Middlesborough (old yes, new no), Newcastle, Wigan (old yes, new no), Reading (old yes, new no), Sunderland (old yes, new no), Birmingham, Bolton (old yes, new no), Fulham, Derby (old yes, new yes).

Championship

Stoke (old yes, new yes), Bristol City, Hull City (old yes, new no), Watford, West Brom, Plymouth, Ipswich, C.Palace, Wolves, Charlton (Selhurst Park yes, Valley no), Burnley, Sheff Utd, Cardiff (no), QPR, Preston, Blackpool, Norwich, Barnsley, Southampton (old yes, new no), Coventry (old yes, new no), Leicester (old yes, new no), Sheff Wed, Scunthorpe (old no, new yes), Colchester.

League 1

Swansea (old no, new no), Carlisle (no), Doncaster (old yes, new no), Forest, Southend (no), Brighton (old yes, new? ...Withdene yes), Tranmere, Leeds Utd, Walsall (old yes, new no), Leyton Orient, Oldham, Northampton (old no, new yes), Hartlepool (no), Huddersfield (old yes, new yes), Swindon, Yeovil (no), Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers (Bath City yes, Memorial Ground yes, Eastville no), Millwall (old yes, new no), Crewe Alex, Gillingham (no), Bournemouth, Luton, Port Vale.

League 2

MK Dons (no), Peterborough, Hereford (no), Darlington (old yes, new no), Stockport, Wycombe, Chesterfield, Rochdale (no), Grimsby, Brentford (no), Morecambe (no), Rotherham, Bradford C, Lincoln C (no), Bury, Barnet (no), Accrington Stanley (no), Shrewsbury (no), Chester (no), Dag & Redbridge (no), Macclesfield, Notts Co, Mansfield, Wrexham.

there is an application on facebook which lets you log all the grounds you have been too. which is quite good.

there is an application on facebook which lets you log all the grounds you have been too. which is quite good.

Yeah, I'd done something like 120 (old and new) according to that, with a handful of them not being Latics involved.

I think I was level with R.O.A.M. and about 3 behind Wilson.

Being a bit nerdy, and bored, I've got an excel spreadsheet of all the grounds and sports venues I've been to...

The Keepmoat on Monday was my 47th English League ground, 48 if you include Torquay - which was in the league at the time, another 10 if you include old grounds.

10 Non-league grounds, 7 football grounds elsewhere (incl old Wembley), 4 rugby grounds, 12 motor racing circuits/venues, 6 horse racing tracks, and 2 greyhounds tracks!

I haven't been to all that many really but here goes

Premier League

Man Utd , Liverpool, Everton, Man City (old), West Ham, Newcastle, Wigan (old and new), Bolton (old), Derby (new).

Championship

Stoke (old and new), Hull City (new), Wolves, Burnley, Sheff Utd, QPR, Preston, Blackpool, Barnsley, Southampton (old), Coventry (old), Sheff Wed, Scunthorpe (old (i think) and new), Colchester.

League 1

Carlisle , Doncaster Forest, Southend, Tranmere, Leeds Utd, Walsall, Oldham, Northampton, Hartlepool, Huddersfield, Crewe Alex, Gillingham, Port Vale.

League 2

Stockport, Chesterfield, Rochdale (just pre-season friendlys), Grimsby, Rotherham, Bradford , Bury, Notts Co, Mansfield, Wrexham.

I haven't been to all that many really but here goes

Premier League

Man Utd , Liverpool, Everton, Man City (old), West Ham, Newcastle, Wigan (old and new), Bolton (old), Derby (new).

Championship

Stoke (old and new), Hull City (new), Wolves, Burnley, Sheff Utd, QPR, Preston, Blackpool, Barnsley, Southampton (old), Coventry (old), Sheff Wed, Scunthorpe (old (i think) and new), Colchester.

League 1

Carlisle , Doncaster Forest, Southend, Tranmere, Leeds Utd, Walsall, Oldham, Northampton, Hartlepool, Huddersfield, Crewe Alex, Gillingham, Port Vale.

League 2

Stockport, Chesterfield, Rochdale (just pre-season friendlys), Grimsby, Rotherham, Bradford , Bury, Notts Co, Mansfield, Wrexham.

I was only counting this yesterday..... I have done 64 of the current 92 but have lost MK dons, Coventry, Torquay, Arsenal in recent years so would be a little higher

Being a bit nerdy, and bored, I've got an excel spreadsheet of all the grounds and sports venues I've been to...

The Keepmoat on Monday was my 47th English League ground, 48 if you include Torquay - which was in the league at the time, another 10 if you include old grounds.

10 Non-league grounds, 7 football grounds elsewhere (incl old Wembley), 4 rugby grounds, 12 motor racing circuits/venues, 6 horse racing tracks, and 2 greyhounds tracks!

Nerd (Yeah, I've done the same - well for the football).

My Latics ones are:

Div1 8 (12 in total)

Div2 10 (14)

Div3 22 (23 - Swindon to go)

Div4 8 (17) - not including MK (old) or Chester (Macclesfield)

Non-league 3 (7)

Abroad - 0 (6)

Of the current 92 league teams I have been to either the old or new grounds (in some cases both) of 89 of the teams all watching Latics.

The 3 missing are Barnet, Dagenham & Redbridge (Is that 2?) and Morecambe.

Add on ex league teams now in the conference & conference North & South, and I have also been to the following grounds to watch Latics when they were still in the league: -

Torquay

Oxford

Halifax

Rushden & Diamonds

Cambridge

Southport

Oh and of course Wembley more than once. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Everton, Blackburn, Man City West Ham, Wigan (old yes, new yes), Reading Derby

Championship

Stoke Bristol City, Hull City Plymouth, C.Palace, Wolves, Burnley, Cardiff QPR, Preston, Blackpool, Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Scunthorpe Colchester.

League 1

Swansea Carlisle Doncaster Forest, Southend Brighton Tranmere, Leeds Utd, Walsall Leyton Orient, Oldham, Northampton Hartlepool Huddersfield Swindon, Yeovil Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers Millwall Crewe Alex, Gillingham Bournemouth, Luton, Port Vale.

League 2

MK Dons Peterborough Stockport, Wycombe, Chesterfield, Rochdale Grimsby, Brentford Rotherham, Bradford C, Bury, Accrington Stanley Shrewsbury Macclesfield, Notts Co, Mansfield, Wrexham.

plus

hedesford

barrow

torquay

thurrock

kings lynn

kettering

rushden

oxford

burton

chasetown

cambridge

these are all watchin latics

ive been

old trafford

liverpool

city new to watch england

Edited by dean 1984

Everton, Blackburn, Man City West Ham, Wigan (old yes, new yes), Reading Derby

Championship

Stoke Bristol City, Hull City Plymouth, C.Palace, Wolves, Burnley, Cardiff QPR, Preston, Blackpool, Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Scunthorpe Colchester.

League 1

Swansea Carlisle Doncaster Forest, Southend Brighton Tranmere, Leeds Utd, Walsall Leyton Orient, Oldham, Northampton Hartlepool Huddersfield Swindon, Yeovil Cheltenham, Bristol Rovers Millwall Crewe Alex, Gillingham Bournemouth, Luton, Port Vale.

League 2

MK Dons Peterborough Stockport, Wycombe, Chesterfield, Rochdale Grimsby, Brentford Rotherham, Bradford C, Bury, Accrington Stanley Shrewsbury Macclesfield, Notts Co, Mansfield, Wrexham.

plus

hedesford

barrow

torquay

thurrock

kings lynn

kettering

rushden

oxford

burton

chasetown

cambridge