1. 1. my best latics site is

• www.owtb.co.uk
    • www.jklatics.co.uk
    • the oldham athletic e-zine /www.oafc.co.uk
    • www.comeonoldham.co.uk
    • latics mad
    • official message board
    • keep the faith

i voted for this site ,because it has the most forums to post on and its more up to date than all the other sites,eg this site was the first to annouce that turner :sign0094: was the loan player :clown: signed by latics ,even before the main site ..

Edited by boboafc

I voted this one too. It's not about one site outdoing the other, I still use JKL and enjoy some sensible interaction with away fans, but it can ruin it when 3/4 of posts are by or in response to muppets, and the extra forums give space for them who want to talk betting, crap, egg-chasing, make travel plans etc without getting in the way of those who only want to see Latics stuff

Guest jet_dd34

I use this one first and foremost, good structure and the emoticons are so cute. B)

I still go on JKL, it's o.k. when knobhead free, but it soon starts to get bogged down with them, yesterday, for example. Also, sometimes it just won't load up in the browser window! :blink:

Guest oa_exile

I have over the years posted on a few websites ,LaticsMad for a few years and JKL from the end of last season.

OWTB is growing in stature , as we get more organised we aim to give the members more of what they want.

We now have 366 members and it is still growing weekly.

This forum is all about "US" , The Latics Fans and it will be a success if WE all use it to its full potential.

All our members seem to be dedicated to this board.......Numpty free....... which makes it easier to communicate about the relevant issues Footy and Non Footy.

OWTB was created with that in mind

As I have already said before, feedback from our members (positive or negative) will only help to continue to improve the day to day running of OWTB.

I was a long-standing fan of JKL and sometimes take a sneaky look, mostly to remind me why I switched my allegiance to this 'ere MB instead. The sheer volume of knobendery on JKL is too much and I became increasingly frustrated with it over recent months.

Oh, and BB80 doesn't post on here either! ;)

It'd be nice if those who voted for other boards would let us know why.

When i first became aware of the internet revolution i was unaware of these ere messageboard things, but i was drawn to the official one, as it seemed quite friendly and no eejits posted.

Then i learnt about JK and was more of a lurker as it seemed very cliquey, but now i prefer to post on here because at least you get responses from people that dont take the piss and have at least some mentality.

Or have i completely misread that! :P

Voted for owtb.

It took me a good while to come round to the idea of abandoning JK, but this board is much much better in terms of content, layout, functions.....ahem, event organising ;) ....and with the PM and Profile thing, you know who you're talking to. Very rarely even bother to load up JK nowadays - might be a good time to change my homepage from that to this!

Drawbacks - sometimes it's nice to have a good old sweary rant, and sometimes aimed at away fans / BB80 / Barry owen :angry: (none of whom can be found on here).

I still check JK, used it for so long it'd be rude not too, but as a secondary choice.

But it isn't a them and us thing, although I do believe some folks think it is. Jack and Mike have done a sterling job over the years but I think its time to move on and OWTB is more stable, has better functions and is nobend free. Bet the irony of it all isn't lost on Jack either. He set up JK to get away from a crappy MB that didn't work etc etc.

Edited by StipeTripe

When i first became aware of the internet revolution i was unaware of these ere messageboard things, but i was drawn to the official one, as it seemed quite friendly and no eejits posted.

Then i learnt about JK and was more of a lurker as it seemed very cliquey, but now i prefer to post on here because at least you get responses from people that dont take the pish and have at least some mentality.

Or have i completely misread that! :P

You don't think this site is cliquey?

I still check JK, used it for so long it'd be rude not too, but as a secondary choice.

But it isn't a them and us thing, although I do believe some folks think it is. Jack and Mike have done a sterling job over the years but I think its time to move on and OWTB is more stable, has better functions and is nobend free. Bet the irony of it all isn't lost on Jack either. He set up JK to get away from a crappy MB that didn't work etc etc.

Of course Stipey, I reckon if it wasn't for the "Original" MB and JK, I wouldn't have met a lot of new friends - and regained a few old ones.

It is not them and us - it would be silly and immature to think that's the case. JK MB was part of community evolution as OWTB is, althought he major difference here is that we can apply updates as they come along - and I intend to do so. Hopefully meaning that this board will always be at the forefront of MB tech...

No, we try to welcome every new user as they post in the WELCOME area.

There was a post a while back on JKL claiming that the user "felt like he'd gatecrashed the party" after posting on here, but oa_exile posted a reply asking to expand on their issue. Unfortunately no reply was given, therefore we can assume that gatecrashing wasn't the case at all, and the user had probably got the huff when nobody responded to their posts. Which happens a lot I'd imagine...

The user didn't have the same username or here as they had on JKL - so a PM was out of the question...

If you think people being friends and friendly means they are in a clique, then yes, this board is cliquey.

If, by a clique, you mean an 'exclusive' group, where you have to pass an initiation before joining, well......rubbish!

If, by a clique, you mean an 'exclusive' group, where you have to pass an initiation before joining, well......rubbish!

I think thats about right, but they'll always be some who like to portray it as otherwise for whatever reason, which is quite sad.

No not really, i feel that i can speak to anyone on here and not feel as though i am intruding!

Also since being on here ive met a few of the regulars and its nice to meet them and not feel like an intruder, wheras with JK i didnt like posting because no matter what you were shot down.

On here its just mates having a laugh!

JK is cliquey IMO!

I get the impression on here that whatever you post, you get a decent answer/discussion/argument...

on JK,(and this is assuming you can get in before the eejuts from other clubs! who simply litter the threads with inane drivel and crap!) i've found in the past that you can contribute to a thread and find your answer or side of the discussion completely passed over and sometimes makes you think ... "why bother!"

i think the major cause of this is the ability to answer a specific post within a thread as opposed to 'joining on at the bottom!'...

only my opinion but until it gets rid of the kn*b jockeys that frequent it, OWTB's site will take more and more of JK's posters away...

ps more options on here too.. ie avatars / sigs / pics ...etc etc

I always check JKLatics first, but really that's just habit. I'm an old dog, and this site is a new trick.

Also I used to find all the signatures annoying. It takes so long to scroll down and read the comment. But now that I have found out how to ignore sigs, it's easier!

So maybe I'll start checking here first. You're such a pleasant bunch. (Oh and BB80 hasn't found the way here yet :P ).

Guest scarlet
I always check JKLatics first, but really that's just habit. I'm an old dog, and this site is a new trick.

Also I used to find all the signatures annoying. It takes so long to scroll down and read the comment. But now that I have found out how to ignore sigs, it's easier!

So maybe I'll start checking here first. You're such a pleasant bunch. (Oh and BB80 hasn't found the way here yet :P ).

You should keep the sigs on, it gives an insight into the person who's post it belongs to. Some interesting ones on here, witty to.

which is your best latics site .?

Still look at JK first, never really gone on official mb. Still trying to work out the options/ new tricks available on this site, anyone got a photo of the late,great Alan Groves? seeing Maurice has been taken. Good choice Bob.

ps It's not over till it's over...plenty of time yet.