So, the rumours are:

Hilstone r going bust

TTA want out

Huckerby to sign

Shez on his way

TTA to sell

perm any 2 from 5?

What a load of crap.

Where have these rumours about Hillstone going bust coming from? and also this about the TTA wanting out?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't actually a new story that's just come out we was linked with huckerby in the last transfer window but he got himself injured just before we made our move weather he'd a signed or not we'll never know now. This was also in a few of the sunday rags and if i remember correctly im pretty certain i seen it on the BBC's gossip column page. But it has nothing to do with Sheridan not wanting him and getting peed of with the owners Huckerby simply got injured and the move never materialised. I dont know if Huckerby is fit or not now but maybe we'll make a move for him in the summer.

Have to say, that if there is any truth in this rumour then this is probably it... we made an enquiry, he got injured, we decided we didnt want another injured player.. end of story...

... and suddenly with the rather heightened scandal level at our club this suddenly becomes Shez battling with the TTA, and Shez being stubborn... yadda, yadda, yadda... even if it has come from a player I highly doubt they were sat in the boardroom duing the discussions, and secondly, with footballers not being the brightest sparks, im sure the chinese whispers had even started before it got out...

No-one is having a go... its just too sensationalised to be true, a rumour that we turned down huckerby is interesting... a rumour that we turned down an injured player and this caused WW3 at BP is just too far....

Edited by BigfinLatic

LOL! :laught16:

I cannot honestly believe some of the things i have just read on this thread. I am in total shock.

So let me get this right just so I fully understand what has been said.

Shez doesn't want to sign Darren Huckerby and has refused the TTA's money to sign another player?

Sweet lord, i worry for some of our fans i really do, just more tripe so people can have a go at Shez. I don't know why he doesn't just get out of this club and go to a club where most of the fans don't just turn on him as soon as things get a bit rough. Your all pathetic and i'm totally gobsmacked at some of the things that come out of people's mouths.

I've said before that everyone is entitled to their opinion and i'm not trying to force mine on anyone else but i simply cannot believe that Shez has turned money away and refused to sign a player based on the fact that it wasn't his choice. If this is true and the TTA are signing players without Shez's consent then more fool them. I like the TTA and am in know why having a go but they employ Shez for a reason, TO MANAGE THE DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF THE TEAM AFFAIRS.

When will people in this club learn to just let someone get on with their job, people turn on Ronnie and want him out, you got your wish and now people are turning on Shez and want him out, i'm sure you'll get your wish soon. It's an absolute disgrace.

Some of us so called fans sit here and moan about being in this division for so long and how we are "trying not to get promoted" as some moron said posted yesterday yet none are willing to let a manager who has proved he can get the team playing good attractive football at this level (last season if your memory allows you to remember) and regardless of who put the team together it was Shez who got them playing. I just wonder where we would this club would be if our board Sacked bigfat Joe when things were a bit rough or where the scum up the road would be if their Board sacked Taggart when shizzle hit the fan.

It never ceases to amaze me how short people's memories are.

IN SHEZ WE TRUST!

VIVA LE BLUES!

Edited by Amsterdam_Blue

Some roumouring from people on here. Along with us going into admin too!

Quite so.

It seems TTA are pulling out but at the same time they are urging the signing of a loan player on large wages.......

My mate's old girlfiend's cousin in Biggleswade heard from his windowcleaner that you can get cheap mobile telephones nowadays - and that's caussed TTA's business to go belly up.

IN SHE WE TRUST!

Unless "SHE" is passing a shoe shop and there is a sale on but then needs a new dress and a bag to go with those shoes that were a bargain but that dress is so nice and I will wear it again and I need a new handbag and this one goes so well with the shoes and if I had that coat, well we do have that wedding coming up.

Unless "SHE" is passing a shoe shop and there is a sale on but then needs a new dress and a bag to go with those shoes that were a bargain but that dress is so nice and I will wear it again and I need a new handbag and this one goes so well with the shoes and if I had that coat, well we do have that wedding coming up.

Cheers for pointing that out big tit

LOL! :laught16:

I cannot honestly believe some of the things i have just read on this thread. I am in total shock.

So let me get this right just so I fully understand what has been said.

Shez doesn't want to sign Darren Huckerby and has refused the TTA's money to sign another player?

Sweet lord, i worry for some of our fans i really do, just more tripe so people can have a go at Shez. I don't know why he doesn't just get out of this club and go to a club where most of the fans don't just turn on him as soon as things get a bit rough. Your all pathetic and i'm totally gobsmacked at some of the things that come out of people's mouths.

I've said before that everyone is entitled to their opinion and i'm not trying to force mine on anyone else but i simply cannot believe that Shez has turned money away and refused to sign a player based on the fact that it wasn't his choice. If this is true and the TTA are signing players without Shez's consent then more fool them. I like the TTA and am in know why having a go but they employ Shez for a reason, TO MANAGE THE DAY TO DAY RUNNING OF THE TEAM AFFAIRS.

When will people in this club learn to just let someone get on with their job, people turn on Ronnie and want him out, you got your wish and now people are turning on Shez and want him out, i'm sure you'll get your wish soon. It's an absolute disgrace.

Some of us so called fans sit here and moan about being in this division for so long and how we are "trying not to get promoted" as some moron said posted yesterday yet none are willing to let a manager who has proved he can get the team playing good attractive football at this level (last season if your memory allows you to remember) and regardless of who put the team together it was Shez who got them playing. I just wonder where we would this club would be if our board Sacked bigfat Joe when things were a bit rough or where the scum up the road would be if their Board sacked Taggart when shizzle hit the fan.

It never ceases to amaze me how short people's memories are.

IN SHE WE TRUST!

VIVA LE BLUES!

It takes all sorts to create a message board....some posts will be utter garbage and some posts will not, don't take them too seriously...It will take more than a few silly posts on a message board to get the manager out!

If you were waiting for sensible posts only there'd be hardly anything to discuss.

Chill out!!!

..Some of us so called fans sit here and moan about being in this division for so long and how we are "trying not to get promoted" as some moron said posted yesterday yet none are willing to let a manager who has proved he can get the team playing good attractive football at this level.........

I think you're referring to me as the "moron".

I think my suggestion was valid in light of the ground development and it was simply a suggestion rather than "this is what's happening" statement. If we get promotion then we have to pay out bonuses, wage increases etc plus there would be an expectation to strengthen to maintain our position in the Championship.

It was quoted on the official site by the owners that promotion would cost us a lot more if we compared money needed to be spent against forecasted income once we were up. This was stated prior to the green light given on development so surely it's a valid question when the development is obviously a priority for the future of club.

We can't rely on increased gate receipts via promotion to make the playing side self sufficient so it probably makes more sense to bide our time until the majority of the development is complete and then go up.

Sheridan's comments in the media are concerning because he's criticising fans for moaning when the product on the pitch has not been great this year and has been a major step back on last season. Bear in mind this was a season when Sheridan had full hand in rebuilding the squad, was handed funds to further strengthen throughout the season and has given up on the season when there are more than adequate points to secure a Play-Off spot.

It takes all sorts to create a message board....some posts will be utter garbage and some posts will not, don't take them too seriously...It will take more than a few silly posts on a message board to get the manager out!

If you were waiting for sensible posts only there'd be hardly anything to discuss.

Chill out!!!

I am very chilled out, i don't live in Amsterdam for the weather my friend. It just irritates me as this is where people jump on the Shez out bandwagon like people did with Ronnie Moore. I can just see what's hapenning ans then some fans will moan and the next person that comes in etc...and then we'll all be sat here in 5 years after going through another 3 managers and asking why we are still in this damn league.

I think you're referring to me as the "moron".

I think my suggestion was valid in light of the ground development and it was simply a suggestion rather than "this is what's happening" statement. If we get promotion then we have to pay out bonuses, wage increases etc plus there would be an expectation to strengthen to maintain our position in the Championship.

It was quoted on the official site by the owners that promotion would cost us a lot more if we compared money needed to be spent against forecasted income once we were up. This was stated prior to the green light given on development so surely it's a valid question when the development is obviously a priority for the future of club.

We can't rely on increased gate receipts via promotion to make the playing side self sufficient so it probably makes more sense to bide our time until the majority of the development is complete and then go up.

Sheridan's comments in the media are concerning because he's criticising fans for moaning when the product on the pitch has not been great this year and has been a major step back on last season. Bear in mind this was a season when Sheridan had full hand in rebuilding the squad, was handed funds to further strengthen throughout the season and has given up on the season when there are more than adequate points to secure a Play-Off spot.

Apoligies for calling you a moron it was unfair and you do have a point but i just can't see the club saying "we don't want to go up". If it is the case then why bother. Let's just sell the ground and forget about it.

Apoligies for calling you a moron it was unfair and you do have a point but i just can't see the club saying "we don't want to go up". If it is the case then why bother. Let's just sell the ground and forget about it.

We used to get all this Lees Brewery, Ian Stott, Alan Hardy don't want us to go up tosh when we were stuck in the old second division for all those years. Then in 1991.................................................

We used to get all this Lees Brewery, Ian Stott, Alan Hardy don't want us to go up tosh when we were stuck in the old second division for all those years. Then in 1991.................................................

Exactly, not having a go Midlsblue and i can sort of understand where you are coming from but it just wouldn't make any sense. If we went up and the TTA couldn't afford to keep us going then at least we would be in a lot better financial situation and a more attractive proposal for perspective buyers.

The TTA have always said that their main aim is to get us financially stable and make us more of an attractive proposition for someone to buy. If we were promoted with this current squad considering it's age, with planning application to develop the ground the the TTA would be in a great position to sell and make their money back. I'm sure they would still have interests in the developments around BP regardless of whether they are still in charge of the club.

Of course the owners want to go up as it's progress. However, they bought the club to develop the ground and recoup their losses (and make a profit) from this as opposed to the football. The football is a distraction as they are fans too. An expensive distraction admittedly but one that cannot be avoided because the football ground is the epicentre of the development.

It may have been much cheaper for them if they had developed a brown site elsewhere but I'm glad (and grateful) that they decided to help the club along the way of achieving their business plans. Fortunately for us, one of their dreams was to be a football club owner.

It makes financial sense for them to remain in this league until development is complete because of the reasons I have made earlier. The worst that can happen is gate receipts and attendances dropping further but there is most probably confidence that the die-hard "core" support would remain. Budgets are set accordingly although losses on playing staff are swallowed until off-field income recoups that loss. Leeds United did similar but on a much grander scale and realised to their peril that funding on future income is great IF the club remains in their current (or better) position but it all goes bump if you lose that position or get relegated.

What I don't get is that funds were available but Sheridan chose not to strengthen when it was obvious that it was needed. This is why we've struggled and why the fans have started to leave in numbers.

I forecast next season will be much of the same until development is complete and there is an element of self-sufficiency within the club and it's development rather than being bankrolled by the owners. The only way it will improve if Sheridan is effective in the transfer market, wheels and deals or gets his players to perform each match. This hasn't happened this season and this is why the spotlight is firmly on the manager and criticism has risen again.

Of course the owners want to go up as it's progress. However, they bought the club to develop the ground and recoup their losses (and make a profit) from this as opposed to the football. The football is a distraction as they are fans too. An expensive distraction admittedly but one that cannot be avoided because the football ground is the epicentre of the development.

It may have been much cheaper for them if they had developed a brown site elsewhere but I'm glad (and grateful) that they decided to help the club along the way of achieving their business plans. Fortunately for us, one of their dreams was to be a football club owner.

It makes financial sense for them to remain in this league until development is complete because of the reasons I have made earlier. The worst that can happen is gate receipts and attendances dropping further but there is most probably confidence that the die-hard "core" support would remain. Budgets are set accordingly although losses on playing staff are swallowed until off-field income recoups that loss. Leeds United did similar but on a much grander scale and realised to their peril that funding on future income is great IF the club remains in their current (or better) position but it all goes bump if you lose that position or get relegated.

What I don't get is that funds were available but Sheridan chose not to strengthen when it was obvious that it was needed. This is why we've struggled and why the fans have started to leave in numbers.

I forecast next season will be much of the same until development is complete and there is an element of self-sufficiency within the club and it's development rather than being bankrolled by the owners. The only way it will improve if Sheridan is effective in the transfer market, wheels and deals or gets his players to perform each match. This hasn't happened this season and this is why the spotlight is firmly on the manager and criticism has risen again.

You say that you know Shez had money to spend but can you tell me how you know?

I just find it really strange that a manager who knows he needs to strengthen his squad refuses to spend available money, it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

If you are right and there was money to spend than maybe he just couldn't find anyone available at the right place who the club could afford wages for?

Just don't fall in in to the Shez has refused to spend money that's available unless you have concrete proof.

I just don’t buy that for one second. It’s just so vastly implausible that three London born New York based communications technology entrepreneurs spotted the size of our car park and saw a pot of gold that I’m surprised the theory ever saw the light of day. Anyone who has seen that youtube of them playing football in the basement of the New York depot would guess that football was at the heart of. I’m not saying that they don’t care about the finances of the development or that they don’t want to at least stop their losses now, but it’s not where they got into it all for in the first place.

I just don’t buy that for one second. It’s just so vastly implausible that three London born New York based communications technology entrepreneurs spotted the size of our car park and saw a pot of gold that I’m surprised the theory ever saw the light of day. Anyone who has seen that youtube of them playing football in the basement of the New York depot would guess that football was at the heart of. I’m not saying that they don’t care about the finances of the development or that they don’t want to at least stop their losses now, but it’s not where they got into it all for in the first place.

Same reason why they looked at Hull City beforehand with the prospect of moving to the KC Stadium project.

The promise of developing the land around BP was always the carrot for new owners and will always be until football becomes self sufficient or we ever return to the Prem and this overtakes even off-field activities. If the land wasn't available then we'd have struggled like other clubs who have courted prospective owners, failed and then had to downscale and budget accordingly.

Didn't they try and buy someone else (Hull?) before us as well? Or am I mixing up our millionaire entrepreneurs that have bid on the club?

You say that you know Shez had money to spend but can you tell me how you know?

I just find it really strange that a manager who knows he needs to strengthen his squad refuses to spend available money, it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

If you are right and there was money to spend than maybe he just couldn't find anyone available at the right place who the club could afford wages for?

Just don't fall in in to the Shez has refused to spend money that's available unless you have concrete proof.

Was one of the reasons given as to why Ritchie was sacked from his post at Barnsley was due to him having money to spend but would not spend it?

I made the same point a few weeks ago. TTA are in it for the property investment/profit, which is fine because we both gain. I also think they don't want promotion yet because it would be far too expensive. Develop the ground, bring on extra streams of income, then build from the bottom. Also, i repeat, they see Sheridan as the man to keep them in this division.

thought long and hard about divulging this info as i reckon it might spark a fair debate,first of all the info comes from a mate of mine and his source is a player, i can personally vouch that it,s genuine,first of all earlier this week latics,through corney signed darren huckerby on loan until the end of the season, however shez was,nt involved in this and when he learned of it he vetoed it,consequently no deadline loan signing and the toys were thrown out of the pram.

also prior to the hudders cup game corney told shez the money was there to go and get a centre forward as a blind man could tell we needed one,however shez said we could cope and did,nt need one.

couple these two instances with the 2 finger incident t,other day and you dont need to be rocket scientist to know shez wont be here next season,

with hudders drawing chelsea in the next round how much did that cost us, i reckon more than half a million

please get george lamb off 6music

now

you are a few days early april fool is next week

bob, bob, bob

i know you better than you know me

remember oslo in79

i was there so was you with col

so now you know i,m not some little fly by night just coming on to wind you,s all up

will be expecting apoligies later

get george lamb off 6music

now

first of all it was in 09.09.1981 and yes i went with col shaw ,but carn't remember going with any other latics fan ,i only remember meeting a notts co fan and man city fan who travelled with us ,so if you can send me a pm with your real name and if you have photo in 81 i might know you!