disturbing news

thought long and hard about divulging this info as i reckon it might spark a fair debate,first of all the info comes from a mate of mine and his source is a player, i can personally vouch that it,s genuine,first of all earlier this week latics,through corney signed darren huckerby on loan until the end of the season, however shez was,nt involved in this and when he learned of it he vetoed it,consequently no deadline loan signing and the toys were thrown out of the pram.

also prior to the hudders cup game corney told shez the money was there to go and get a centre forward as a blind man could tell we needed one,however shez said we could cope and did,nt need one.

couple these two instances with the 2 finger incident t,other day and you dont need to be rocket scientist to know shez wont be here next season,

with hudders drawing chelsea in the next round how much did that cost us, i reckon more than half a million

please get george lamb off 6music

now

Dirty Den, I don't know you, so can't comment on your "credibility" and/or contacts, but two things strike me about this.

Fistly, I have 40 staff, and the absolute rubbish that they speculate on, and the very wierd things they work out is going to happen from snippets they get to hear about is quite amusing but often shocking. I suspect it is even worse a football club.

Secondly, I would be very suprised if Simon Corney went ahead and signed a player without Shez's knowledge. It can happen, I just don't see that relationship. Of coures they falll out, what company doesn't have employees that do that.

Saying all that, it is not to question the integrity of what you were told, just that there was probably a fair bit of 2 + 2 =5, by the player based on parts of info, and their version of explaining what they saw or heard, IMHO. Indeed I suspect this might have stemmed from the VFlickThatWasn'tGate.

Edited by singe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that you know Shez had money to spend but can you tell me how you know?

I just find it really strange that a manager who knows he needs to strengthen his squad refuses to spend available money, it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

If you are right and there was money to spend than maybe he just couldn't find anyone available at the right place who the club could afford wages for?

Just don't fall in in to the Shez has refused to spend money that's available unless you have concrete proof.

we know shez had money to spend because mr corney came out and publically stated that money was there if the manager needed it for the right player.

the club was also rumoured to be going after leon clarke and willing to pay around 200k,as shez had highlighted him as someone who could come in and do a job,and make us money at the end of any deal,when it became apparent that he wasnt going to sign,that money was then turned towards luring kilkenny to bp,again that didnt materialise as we all know.

yes he brought in a keeper and two strikers,but they were hardly on big money so to speak,so in theory that money that was available should still be there come the summer,plus some money from the cup run,and also some from the trottman deal.hyperthetically shez has a war chest of around the 400k mark for new players.

the theory that shez will keep us in this division until the owners say it is ok to go up will only gather pace the longer we stay put,without going up.

anybody can come out and say promotion is the aim,and if it doesnt happen its down to the players and the manager.

the thing is that for the last 2 seasons on the trot the same things have happened around christmas time,and kept us were we are,is that just bad luck or a coincidance???

lastly the owners were only ever in it for the money.one of the first things they did was to buy back boundry park from that woman in germany,and also bought the councils share too.the thing is though they are doing it right,by making the development pay for itself,in the full knowledge that if house prices keep rising at the rate at which they are currently,the forcast for money from the development will have changed,the development will be paid for,but the difference will be there profit.

and that is when the club will be at its peak to sell to any prospective owners,and i wouldnt blame them one bit for selling to somebody else.

thought long and hard about divulging this info as i reckon it might spark a fair debate,first of all the info comes from a mate of mine and his source is a player, i can personally vouch that it,s genuine,first of all earlier this week latics,through corney signed darren huckerby on loan until the end of the season, however shez was,nt involved in this and when he learned of it he vetoed it,consequently no deadline loan signing and the toys were thrown out of the pram.

also prior to the hudders cup game corney told shez the money was there to go and get a centre forward as a blind man could tell we needed one,however shez said we could cope and did,nt need one.

couple these two instances with the 2 finger incident t,other day and you dont need to be rocket scientist to know shez wont be here next season,

with hudders drawing chelsea in the next round how much did that cost us, i reckon more than half a million

please get george lamb off 6music

now

Listen mate, you cant post anything on here that might paint Shez in poor light. I Know loads of stuff I would love to post on here, but why drop your source in it!!! Let them all think they know best. Shez will be gone in the Summer, I am pretty sure of it. :blush: Shez is a shambles, now he is having a go at the fans who pay over the turnstiles. When is he going to realise that all the fans want is effort drive and commitment, that has been missing in many home games this season, injury's or not!!!

Guest oa_exile
Eddie, you really are completely full of sh*t aren't you?

Now that's what I call "disturbing news" , is that post a fact or a rumour ?

It's not a secret that the Directors are unhappy/frustrated with Sheridan for failing to use the money they made available to him to bring in some quality....believe me, it's a fact. Whether Sheridan is on his way in the Summer....I don't know know and, I suspect, nor do TTA or Shez....without stating the obvious, it must be a possibility. I hope we keep Shez.

It's not a secret that the Directors are unhappy/frustrated with Sheridan for failing to use the money they made available to him to bring in some quality....believe me, it's a fact. Whether Sheridan is on his way in the Summer....I don't know know and, I suspect, nor do TTA or Shez....without stating the obvious, it must be a possibility. I hope we keep Shez.

Sorry, where does this FACT of frustration come from, I can't remember it being said?

NB. For the lead story, since when can a manager vetoe a director?

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Of course the owners want to go up as it's progress. However, they bought the club to develop the ground and recoup their losses (and make a profit) from this as opposed to the football. The football is a distraction as they are fans too. An expensive distraction admittedly but one that cannot be avoided because the football ground is the epicentre of the development.

Anyone who has actually sat down and talked to any of the TTA expecially Simon Corney would know this is utter rubbish. They spent nearly 18 months trying to buy a "football" club before they bought us, not a property development site. They only came up with the plans for the development after they had bought the club under the advice of Alan Hardy and Sean Jarvis as a way to finance a new stadium build. They are in it for the football and no other reason. I know this because when they first bought the club I was at a corporate event with Simon and he was telling me about how it all came about. It was clear the only thing they were interested in was the football and trying to get Latics into the Championship and higher if they could.

Seriously, will people stop posting ill informed shyte like this. Would you rather they just buggered off and left us in the brown sticky stuff? Just pause for a second and think before you post rubbish like this eh?

Anyone who has actually sat down and talked to any of the TTA expecially Simon Corney would know this is utter rubbish. They spent nearly 18 months trying to buy a "football" club before they bought us, not a property development site. They only came up with the plans for the development after they had bought the club under the advice of Alan Hardy and Sean Jarvis as a way to finance a new stadium build. They are in it for the football and no other reason. I know this because when they first bought the club I was at a corporate event with Simon and he was telling me about how it all came about. It was clear the only thing they were interested in was the football and trying to get Latics into the Championship and higher if they could.

Seriously, will people stop posting ill informed shyte like this. Would you rather they just buggered off and left us in the brown sticky stuff? Just pause for a second and think before you post rubbish like this eh?

they can change there minds over a period of time,it is allowed.

they have had a really torrid time with oldham council and so on over the stadium,and this has tested there patience to the limit.

nobody could blame them once the stadium was completed if they wanted to part company and sell up.they will have left the club in a much better position than when they arrived.

but dont knock people who have first hand knowledge of them being infuriated by shez lack of ambition towards buying players.

i posted as such 2 months ago when i found something out by a club employee,who actually called shez a ditherer,and wouldnt or couldnt make his mind up,and that because of this there was tension from the top.....but just like other people got slapped down for it.

i guess we shall just have to wait and see.