Shez on Moaners

The Advertiser reports:

Boss savages boo boys

27/ 3/2008

LATICS boss John Sheridan has renewed his attack on a handful of supporters at Boundary Park.

Last Saturday's 1-1 draw against Millwall saw a minority of fans turn on the home side after Bas Savage had given the visitors the lead.

Having spoken afterwards about a need for patience among the spectators, Sheridan reiterated his views ahead of Saturday's home game against Huddersfield Town.

He said: “It's been very frustrating for me and the supporters; I want them to understand I want this club to get out of the division. I'm more frustrated than anyone when we play excellently against Carlisle and look a very good team, but likewise, I've watched us look a poor team at times and it drives me mad.

“I understand one or two supporters wanting to have a go but it's not going to do any good. It's only one or two because I know 99 per cent of the supporters are behind us, but the one or two who keep moaning? I'd rather they stay at home but if they want to have a go, have a go at me.

“I think one or two people are waiting for the opposition to go in front so they can have their moan, but I think we've got the right blend (of player). I wanted to do better than last season but it hasn't happened, so we have to improve as a team and get out of this division.”

With Athletic beset by injuries, Mark Crossley may be able to hand Sheridan a boost after returning to training on Thursday having missed the last three games.

Lewis Alessandra has slight chance of making the bench, although Sheridan admitted Gary McDonald 'is probably another week away' after aggravating a groin problem during the warm-up at Doncaster Rovers.

Whoever is available, the Latics management are looking for a better performance and result against Huddersfield than was served up when the clubs met in the FA Cup fourth round.

Athletic were beaten 1-0 at Boundary Park, a result made all the worse when Huddersfield were then given an away trip to Chelsea in round five.

Sheridan said: “We didn't play well on the day, it was a massive game for us and I was very disappointed. Saturday's another big game for us and it's one I know we can win but we have to take the game to Huddersfield.

“We're evenly-matched teams; like ourselves, Huddersfield can beat anyone on their day.”

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Advertiser reports:

Boss savages boo boys

27/ 3/2008

LATICS boss John Sheridan has renewed his attack on a handful of supporters at Boundary Park.

Last Saturday's 1-1 draw against Millwall saw a minority of fans turn on the home side after Bas Savage had given the visitors the lead.

Having spoken afterwards about a need for patience among the spectators, Sheridan reiterated his views ahead of Saturday's home game against Huddersfield Town.

He said: “It's been very frustrating for me and the supporters; I want them to understand I want this club to get out of the division. I'm more frustrated than anyone when we play excellently against Carlisle and look a very good team, but likewise, I've watched us look a poor team at times and it drives me mad.

“I understand one or two supporters wanting to have a go but it's not going to do any good. It's only one or two because I know 99 per cent of the supporters are behind us, but the one or two who keep moaning? I'd rather they stay at home but if they want to have a go, have a go at me.

“I think one or two people are waiting for the opposition to go in front so they can have their moan, but I think we've got the right blend (of player). I wanted to do better than last season but it hasn't happened, so we have to improve as a team and get out of this division.”

With Athletic beset by injuries, Mark Crossley may be able to hand Sheridan a boost after returning to training on Thursday having missed the last three games.

Lewis Alessandra has slight chance of making the bench, although Sheridan admitted Gary McDonald 'is probably another week away' after aggravating a groin problem during the warm-up at Doncaster Rovers.

Whoever is available, the Latics management are looking for a better performance and result against Huddersfield than was served up when the clubs met in the FA Cup fourth round.

Athletic were beaten 1-0 at Boundary Park, a result made all the worse when Huddersfield were then given an away trip to Chelsea in round five.

Sheridan said: “We didn't play well on the day, it was a massive game for us and I was very disappointed. Saturday's another big game for us and it's one I know we can win but we have to take the game to Huddersfield.

“We're evenly-matched teams; like ourselves, Huddersfield can beat anyone on their day.”

if all the moaners did stay at home it would be better playing behind closed doors!!!

he is perfectly entitled to his opinions,but then again so are the people who pay for there ticket,and expect a decent performance.

i think if someone actually did a straw poll of supporters,in general and not just on this board,i think he would be very shocked to find it isnt only 1% who think he hasnt done a good job.

how come on here we're the worlds worst supporters yet Sheridan claims only 1%? someones wrong!

It's the biggest nonsense I have ever witnessed as a fan.

Ok, so he has done x,y & z apparently wrong to all you Sheridan knockers, but we have been playing kids all season, right wingers on the left, more injuries than an Iraqi police force, it's a farce people are on his back when we have a 'very slim' chance of reaching the play-offs.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but how about we stick with a manager for once or shall we continue our fabulous record of disposing of managers in the last ten years? Top ten finish is perfectly acceptable.

Some people need a reality check!!!!!! :angry:

he is perfectly entitled to his opinions,but then again so are the people who pay for there ticket,and expect a decent performance.

so does that give someone the right to eff and jeff at someone cause what they have paid to see isn't happening???

if a bus driver gets caught in a traffic jam, is it OK to verbally abuse the driver?

if the steak you ordered in a restaurant isn't exactly how you want it, do you verbally abuse the chef??

i get frustrated and mad with the best of them, but you'll never get me screaming obscenities at any manager or player we have!

the day that a player publicly states that the reason why he hasn't signed for us is simply because of the way our fans treat our players is, in my opinion, not that far away......if it hasn't happened already!

so does that give someone the right to eff and jeff at someone cause what they have paid to see isn't happening???

if a bus driver gets caught in a traffic jam, is it OK to verbally abuse the driver?

if the steak you ordered in a restaurant isn't exactly how you want it, do you verbally abuse the chef??

i get frustrated and mad with the best of them, but you'll never get me screaming obscenities at any manager or player we have!

the day that a player publicly states that the reason why he hasn't signed for us is simply because of the way our fans treat our players is, in my opinion, not that far away......if it hasn't happened already!

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, it's certainly about time we gave a gaffer a few years. Sheridan is that man i'm convinced

Ok, so he has done x,y & z apparently wrong to all you Sheridan knockers, but we have been playing kids all season, right wingers on the left, more injuries than an Iraqi police force, it's a farce people are on his back when we have a 'very slim' chance of reaching the play-offs.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but how about we stick with a manager for once or shall we continue our fabulous record of disposing of managers in the last ten years? Top ten finish is perfectly acceptable.

I think you've just summed up all this :censored: up perfectly for me fella.

Its probably the same fans who moan every home game that would what everything prefect if not they probabvly will moan at everything. :angry:

The Advertiser reports:

Boss savages boo boys

27/ 3/2008

:applause1:

Shez in :lol:

no i wouldnt verbally abuse the bus driver.....he;s probably polish and wouldnt understand

i would send the steak back and complain it wasnt cooked to my likeing as i had ordered,and if the chef came out and had a go because he hadnt cooked what i wanted,then yeah,i would have a go back.

i dont go to bp expecting us to beat every single team that we play against,i dont go to bp to see us play fantastic flair football like a brazilian team

i do go to bp however to watch a game of football between two evenly matched teams,in the hope that the lads on the pitch put in 100% effort,play with pride and passion,and have a good go.

sometimes i dont even mind us losing games,providing we have given it our best shot,and had a damn good try.

for the record im a shez in,and will be for the next season and maybe half the season after,i truly believe he will get it right in this time scale and move the team forward,playing wise,which will in turn take the whole club forward.

now people are saying last season we punched above or weight,and this season we would be happy for midtable or top ten. well thats what moore did and look what happened to him.

there are things going on in the background that we dont about,but there are problems internally with the club.

heres hoping for 3 points on saturday,i just hope we dont play as bad as we did in the cup game

Glass houses and stones spring to mind. Why bite the hand that feeds?

Simple answer to shut up the moaners is to improve the product on the pitch. Sheridan is his own worst enemy due to his lack of foresight this season, which has resulted in us going backwards on last season........then again it's not too late and we can still clinch a Play-Off spot. Again, if he told the media that the Play-Offs is still achieveable rather than stating that it's unlikely and the season is over then perhaps some of the moaners would be more positive too.

What gets me is that we've had injuries but some of Sheridan's signings that have remained fit have not delivered. Also, he never replaced Hazell or Ricketts even though funds were available (99% of managers in this league would envy that position) so there's only one person to blame. The last thing a manager should do is alienate the fans further when his defence is indefensible.

I'm still not in the "Sheridan Out" camp but he's fast losing favour because of his stupidity in the press, his stubborness not to strengthen and his lack of ambition and tactics. He definitely needs a seasoned head to assist him despite it soon becoming his third full season as manager because he needs that support, guidance and knowledge to bring in the right faces.

Do you not think this seasons woes started long before this current injury situation, and it's the managers personal choice to play certain people out of position.

Simple fact is fans like to see progress, after reaching the play-offs they expect the team to go one better, you can't blame them for not being happy with 'a top ten finish'.

Btw, didn't our last manager get sacked for achieving a top ten finish?

Shez is turning into the biggest moaner in BP think the fans are just following suit... Would anyone agree that shez spends to much time moaning either moaning at players, fans, games we should of won etc etc....

Get on with your Job fella, you could be a great manager just focus on the job in hand and sod everyone else whilst there are still the majority of fans backing you!

Edited by Davros

Simple fact is fans like to see progress, after reaching the play-offs they expect the team to go one better, you can't blame them for not being happy with 'a top ten finish'.

Btw, didn't our last manager get sacked for achieving a top ten finish?

Agreed but Both Hartlepool and Brentford got relegated the season after reaching the playoffs; I'd rather take top ten than that anyday!

Sheridan's ten year stint at the club has given him the luxury of at the VERY least, one more season before I even think of criticising him. He has been so unfortunate this seaason, looking at the players we have lost. Gregan, Liddell, Hughes, Crossley. Four experienced pro's who, I have no doubt, would have driven us to the top three or four in the league.

There is most certainly no way that Sheridan wanted to be playing Smalley for over 30 games this season, Im certain he wanted to break him into the squad gently, but injuries have made this nigh on impossible. That is just one example. All around the squad we have young players, who can only get better, even the likes of Taylor and Eardley, who have amassed roughly a ton of games each.

Shezza will most definatly get it right, given the chance. I have seen signs this season that we are a very good side, but as is often the case with youngsters, it is in-consistent. We've played Leeds off the park at Elland Road, Carlisle at home, Forest away, not once been outclassed by Donny (even in the JPT game).

P.S - Shez Out!!! :blush:

Edited by Ohh Johnny Eyre

Part of a managers job is to speak to the media, we don't know what question was asked, that bit isn't reported. If he is asked a direct question such as "After Milwall scored a section of the crowd appeared to boo, how do you react to that?" What is he supposed to say?

If he says nowt he gets slagged off.

If he says don't boo he gets slagged off.

If he makes a pithy remark he gets slagged off.

If he makes a remark that Oscar Wilde would have been proud of he gets slagged off.

If he makes a noise like a hippo farting he gets slagged off.

Part of a managers job is to speak to the media, we don't know what question was asked, that bit isn't reported. If he is asked a direct question such as "After Milwall scored a section of the crowd appeared to boo, how do you react to that?" What is he supposed to say?

If he says nowt he gets slagged off.

If he says don't boo he gets slagged off.

If he makes a pithy remark he gets slagged off.

If he makes a remark that Oscar Wilde would have been proud of he gets slagged off.

If he makes a noise like a hippo farting he gets slagged off.

"I understand the fans frustration's, but we're working hard to try and cut out these mistakes"

"I understand the fans frustration's, but we're working hard to try and cut out these mistakes"

<Puts doom and gloom hat on>

If he knows wots rong he shuld sort it out not moan about it in the press, bloody sherriden, sort it out ffs.

<Takes doom and gloom hat off>

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.